Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What percentage of regular posters on this thread and its predecessor are Trump supporters as you call them ?
    What percentage are anti Trump and what percentage hate Trump ?

From what I can see this thread should be renamed the bash Trump thread, as it doesn't actually seem to be about the presidential election, but more a thinly veiled excuse to continuously blast Trump, fairly or unfairly.

You dont think Trump having another unexpected visit to the hospital is pertinent to the upcoming election?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That comedian and mime artist Sarah Cooper who satirises Trump started out on TikTok as well and has millions of followers there. Trump is aware of her because he blocked her from his Twitter.

She uses Trumps own words to ridicule him and it has been remarkably effective. Even Trumps own supporters are now watching these videos and recognise the entertainment value in them. Her video on Person.Woman. Man. Camera. TV. has clocked over 11 million views across all platforms

Arguably though her response to Trump suggesting that people inject disinfectant was her best work to date. Trumps own words just make things very easy for her to land a punch on him.

She is just knocking it out of the park with her videos. I love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ollkiller wrote: »
    She is just knocking it out of the park with her videos. I love her.

So much talent

Still getting hung up on the belief that women aren't funny...

Probably one of those "if it ain't in cartoon form it ain't funny" kinda guys.

• Advertisement

Probably one of those "if it ain't in cartoon form it ain't funny" kinda guys.

More along the lines of if it ain't funny it ain't funny.

Its garbage that appeals to the easily amused.

Humour is subjective

Who would you consider to be funny?

Humour is subjective

Who would you consider to be funny?

He's watched one female comedian now, he's got a full knowledge of the area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It doesn't have to be Stewart Lee to be good. You can like high brow and low brow.

He's watched one female comedian now, he's got a full knowledge of the area now.

And what a treat she was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What percentage of regular posters on this thread and its predecessor are Trump supporters as you call them ?
    What percentage are anti Trump and what percentage hate Trump ?

From what I can see this thread should be renamed the bash Trump thread, as it doesn't actually seem to be about the presidential election, but more a thinly veiled excuse to continuously blast Trump, fairly or unfairly.

fairly. most definitely fairly. there used to be more pro-trump posters but they got banned because, well, they post like trump supporters

fairly. most definitely fairly. there used to be more pro-trump posters but they got banned because, well, they post like trump supporters

Some got banned, others just skulked off into the background as they could see it was getting harder to defend Trumps atrociously terrible behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In all fairness this “yeah well she isn’t funny and lady comedians aren’t funny” line of deflections isn’t suiting you, imho I’d just leave it out.

Not every stumble by Trump or Biden is a sign of danger. Hillary passing out on 9/11/2016? Yes, raised genuine concern. Biden with a lifelong stammer, no. Trumps dentures falling apart on 12/8/2017 in an Israel speech? No. Trouble drinking water? Raises eyebrows. As do mysterious bruises and unexplained hospital visits and blood red eyeballs during a debate. Let’s not scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel though eh.

Overheal wrote: »
    In all fairness this “yeah well she isn’t funny and lady comedians aren’t funny” line of deflections isn’t suiting you, imho I’d just leave it out.

Not every stumble by Trump or Biden is a sign of danger. Hillary passing out on 9/11/2016? Yes, raised genuine concern. Biden with a lifelong stammer, no. Trumps dentures falling apart on 12/8/2017 in an Israel speech? No. Trouble drinking water? Raises eyebrows. As do mysterious bruises and unexplained hospital visits and blood red eyeballs during a debate. Let’s not scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel though eh.

It's not deflection. I don't find the mentioned to be funny.
    That's my opinion ok. Deal with it and stop trying to force your opinion on me.

Nobody is mocking Bidens stammer. At times he cant string a coherent sentence together and goes off on a mumbling tangent. That has nothing to do with a stammer.

Funny how you accuse me of deflection. Pot kettle

Nobody is mocking Bidens stammer. At times he cant string a coherent sentence together and goes off on a mumbling tangent. That has nothing to do with a stammer.

I’m not forcing an opinion on you I’m only saying your telling us all you don’t find ladies funny by way of deflecting from the post that Trump likely finds offensive from TikTok is neither clever nor interesting, as evidenced by just about everyone in this thread. I’m not lecturing you or telling you you need to find comedians with vaginas hilarious. I am telling you it’s a lazy effort to derail the conversation away from what had been discussed, that being the Presidents trial-balloon for banning TikTok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Forgive me if I don't take your opinion as objective.

Is it any wonder that there are hardly any Trump supporters on this thread.
    Posting on the thread for a Trump supporter would be the equivalent of a bear sticking its nose into a hornets nest.

Overheal wrote: »
    I’m not forcing an opinion on you I’m only saying your telling us all you don’t find ladies funny by way of deflecting from the post that Trump likely finds offensive from TikTok is neither clever nor interesting, as evidenced by just about everyone in this thread. I’m not lecturing you or telling you you need to find comedians with vaginas hilarious. I am telling you it’s a lazy effort to derail the conversation away from what had been discussed, that being the Presidents trial-balloon for banning TikTok.

This thread is also about Joe Biden . Although apart from me mentioning him someone who ventured in would think it was exclusively just yet another Trump bashing thread.

You must be seriously concerned about the fact Trump claimed the air force was involved in the Civil War so. Btw, I used have a stutter and a speech impediment as a child. I still slip up and get names wrong in the process etc. I'm definitely not experiencing dementia.

Also I wouldn't go as far as diagnosing anything about Trump because I lack the expertise. Meanwhile you're diagnosing Biden via out of context youtube clips. :rolleyes:
    This thread is also about Joe Biden . Although apart from me mentioning him someone who ventured in would think it was exclusively just yet another Trump bashing thread.

The behaviour of the incumbent is actually entirely relevant in terms of weighing him up against Biden. I can comfortably say Biden would not conduct himself as atrociously as Trump has for the past 4 years.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

There is no evidence that hydroxychloroquine is an “effective” treatment for COVID-19, says Adm. Brett Giroir, who is overseeing the nation's COVID-19 testing.

“We need to move on from that and talk about what is effective.”

Forgive me if I don't take your opinion as objective.

Is it any wonder that there are hardly any Trump supporters on this thread.
    Posting on the thread for a Trump supporter would be the equivalent of a bear sticking its nose into a hornets nest.

Most have come and went because they had nothing to defend. One of the more perennial posters was last seen doing daily posts that amounted to nothing besides “how dare Biden crush in the polls while tele-campaigning from his house.”

Cries of echo chamber amount to nobody sticking their neck out for the presidents behavior especially of late.

• Advertisement

I have never seen you post anything when Trump does this, why accuse Biden of mental decline but refuse to comment when Trump does the exact same?

You must be seriously concerned about the fact Trump claimed the air force was involved in the Civil War so. Btw, I used have a stutter and a speech impediment as a child. I still slip up and get names wrong in the process etc. I'm definitely not experiencing dementia.

Also I wouldn't go as far as diagnosing anything about Trump because I lack the expertise. Meanwhile you're diagnosing Biden via out of context youtube clips. :rolleyes:

The behaviour of the incumbent is actually entirely relevant in terms of weighing him up against Biden. I can comfortably say Biden would not conduct himself as atrociously as Trump has for the past 4 years.,

The behaviour of Trump and only Trump. Mentioned Biden in a Trump v Biden thread is setting oneself up for ambush.

Biden is too old. Biden is dull and has not even bothered to release his ambitions or plans if he does become president. Bidens cognitive abilities have been brought up repeatedly as he continues to struggle to string coherent sentences together regularly. Mumbling and fumbling while looking around him for an out. Get him on stage with Trump for debate. Come out of hiding Joe Biden

Biden isnt fit to be president of the United states of America.

The behaviour of Trump and only Trump. Mentioned Biden in a Trump v Biden thread is setting oneself up for ambush.

Biden is too old. Biden is dull and has no clearly released ambitions or plans if he does become president. Bidens cognitive abilities have been brought up repeatedly as he continues to struggle to string coherent sentences together regularly.

Biden is four years older than Trump.

When asked by his buddy Hannity what would be his policies for the next four years Trump couldnt answer.

Trump rambles on and on and on struggling to string "coherent sentences together "

But something something Biden :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Biden is too old. Biden is dull and has not even bothered to release his ambitions or plans if he does become president. Bidens cognitive abilities have been brought up repeatedly as he continues to struggle to string coherent sentences together regularly. Mumbling and fumbling while looking around him for an out. Get him on stage with Trump for debate. Come out of hiding Joe Biden

Agreed. He is an awful candidate and a thoroughly unlikable human being. He disgusts me. He will not run IMHO, it will be Hillary. There's no chance Biden would beat president Trump (yes I know the polls say otherwise but the polls are stupid)

Agreed. He is an awful candidate and a thoroughly unlikable human being. He disgusts me. He will not run IMHO, it will be Hillary. There's no chance Biden would beat president Trump (yes I know the polls say otherwise but the polls are stupid)

Weird, you're one of the few people who I've seen who is disgusted by him. Generally dislike of Clinton was pretty visible prior to the election. And frankly, Trump has consistently behaved in a disgusting fashion throughout his presidency. Meanwhile Biden tends to be liked by both Republicans and Dems.

Why does he disgust you?

What has he done to make you feel this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Why does he disgust you?

Mainly because the media I consume tells me to

Biden is dull and has not even bothered to release his ambitions or plans if he does become president.

Another great example of bold faced lying. Aside from numerous interviews, primary debates, his own website detailing what his plans are, etc, I assume? Through what special goalpost do you think in any sincere manner that he hasn’t disclosed ambitions or plans for his presidency?

If you’re too lazy to be bothered to look I have a suggestion for you: rather than insult your own intelligence, or ours, why don’t you instead just ask the question: “could someone please summarize what Bidens ambitions or plans are for the presidency? Thanks” instead of pretending they don’t exist or haven’t been disclosed and trolling people to provide links to you.

Can you give a more expansive answer perhaps?

• Advertisement

What media would that be?

Perhaps you need to hear it from Lindsey Graham, Trumps right hand man and golf buddy in the Senate, on why Biden is someone of upstanding character:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement