Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

https://twitter.com/PollWatch2020/status/1299923590410690562?s=20

Trump is up nationally and in battlegrounds, we all know polls aren't always reliable but it ain't looking good for Biden at the moment.

Biden needs to be at least 10 points clear going into the final week of campaigning to stand a chance. I think Clinton was 8 points clear and still lost.

I don't want to see Trump win but then again Biden is a horrible candidate and person so I'm torn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Biden needs to be at least 10 points clear going into the final week of campaigning to stand a chance. I think Clinton was 8 points clear and still lost.

I don't want to see Trump win but then again Biden is a horrible candidate and person so I'm torn.

This is so transparent. You're new here (or are you?), we've seen this a million times from different people on this thread over the last few years. You're not in the slightest bit torn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

She wasn't; as I linked earlier in the thread, Clinton was up 3.9% on the day of the election according to 538 and she wont the popular vote by 2.1%. That is within the margin of error.

The Democracy Institute poll linked above is not a serious poll.

She wasn't; as I linked earlier in the thread, Clinton was up 3.9% on the day of the election according to 538 and she wont the popular vote by 2.1%. That is within the margin of error.

The Democracy Institute poll linked above is not a serious poll.

The poster you're replying to is most likely well aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Please look back at my posts in question. I stated in a big black font that nobody deserved to die. I was specifically exploring the idea that he was defending himself.

Again, I put it in big black letters in order to avoid accusations like the above. But sure, ignore it if it suits you.

"Two dead bad guys and dude who was pointing a a gun at the kid loses half his arm. No stray rounds. Damn fine shooting if you ask me."

From a post you thanked. Usually people thank posts that they agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Yeah very true part of me wants Trump to win just see the meltdown that would occur here and on other media outlets, they're both sh1te candidates IMO. It's like that episode of south park where they have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich :D .

Yeah very true part of me wants Trump to win just see the meltdown that would occur here and on other media outlets, they're both sh1te candidates IMO. It's like that episode of south park where they have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich :D .

There wouldn't actually be a melt down on here, there'll be one on r/politics on reddit alright but we watch for entertainment purposes only. The US president has little no actual effect on my life.

The real crying will come when Trump loses. Then the fun will really start. You can already see him laying the ground work saying he's facing a rigged election etc. Should be mighty craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Please look back at my posts in question. I stated in a big black font that nobody deserved to die. I was specifically exploring the idea that he was defending himself.
    Doesn't matter. Not a 'stand your ground' state. He can't shoot anyone. Period. No ifs, ands, buts.

The police can. He's not a police officer. He's too young.

One of the people he killed, was trying to disarm him after he'd shot someone else. He probably saved other lives.

Direct question - the guy he killed who was trying to disarm him. Is he a hero? Despite previous convictions? Despite being at the protest?

Its up to the debate participants to prove each other wrong, not some team of helpers. It would look very weak on Biden's part to have helpers.

In other words if he can't talk sh1te, trump has nothing.

Another thing some of his supporters on here have in common with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Igotadose wrote: »
    Direct question - the guy he killed who was trying to disarm him. Is he a hero? Despite previous convictions? Despite being at the protest?

Referring to Rosenbaum? He's a pedophile with a history of violence. He was filmed actively seeking to be shot moments before the incident. He's not my idea of a hero, no.

*Disclaimer* He did not deserve to be shot IMHO.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In other words if he can't talk sh1te, trump has nothing.

Another thing some of his supporters on here have in common with him.

I mean it would be impossible to fact check if Trump has Made America Great Again because it is subjective.

Plenty think he hasn't but some think he has or at least believe he's done enough to warrant another 4 years as president.

If they did use fact checkers then who would fact check the fact checkers? because I'm sure that will be the first thing out of Trump's mouth if the plan is even considered.

Referring to Rosenbaum? He's a pedophile with a history of violence. He was filmed actively seeking to be shot moments before the incident. He's not my idea of a hero, no.

Anthony Huber. Was he a hero for attempting to disarm Rittenhouse? Would you have had his courage at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,616 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is a woman beater your idea of a hero though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Overheal wrote: »
    Is a woman beater your idea of a hero though?

Woman beater, and co defendent with Jeffrey Epstein in a child rape case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Igotadose wrote: »
    Anthony Huber. Was he a hero for attempting to disarm Rittenhouse? Would you have had his courage at that time?

He too was a dirtbag. Not a hero IMHO. Most likly looking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,616 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woman beater, and co defendent with Jeffrey Epstein in a child rape case.

Well I meant Rittenhouse but yes I often forget Trump is a woman beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus Christ, the insanity of citizens of a supposed first world democratic society walking around armed with guns and killing people on the street is now considered behaviour worthy of defense by posters who support Trump's never ending con.

A child decided to arm himself, take to the streets and shoot strangers. In what way is this normal behaviour worthy of defense?

I mean it would be impossible to fact check if Trump has Made America Great Again because it is subjective.

Plenty think he hasn't but some think he has or at least believe he's done enough to warrant another 4 years as president.

If they did use fact checkers then who would fact check the fact checkers? because I'm sure that will be the first thing out of Trump's mouth if the plan is even considered.

In other words just as I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jesus Christ, the insanity of citizens of a supposed first world democratic society walking around armed with guns and killing people on the street is now considered behaviour worthy of defense by posters who support Trump's never ending con.

A child decided to arm himself, take to the streets and shoot strangers. In what way is this normal behaviour worthy of defense?

Because in that basket case country it is normal, This time a child armed himself and killed strangers on the street, next time it will be a child who arms himself and walks into a school and kills his classmates. It barely makes the news and it's forgotten about two days later.

He too was a dirtbag. Not a hero IMHO. Most likly looking for trouble.

He tackled Rittenhouse after Rittenhouse murdered someone and was being chased. Risked and lost his life. What would you have done in his situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

In what way is this normal behaviour worthy of defense?

It obviously isn't. Just a bunch of alt ****e wind up merchants with multiple accounts. Pointless engaging with them.

You see you've bought into the narrative that's being pushed by some groups at the moment.

Himself and a friend were helping to protect a local business, in no way did he "take to the streets to shoot strangers" but keep believing that false narrative.

"Later in the day, they received information about a call for help from a local business owner, whose downtown Kenosha auto dealership was largely destroyed by mob violence. The business owner needed help to protect what he had left of his life's work, including two nearby mechanic's shops. Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha and many other American cities, and headed to the business premises."

Full statement here:

https://twitter.com/infolibnews/status/1299545139187249153?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Whatever about the right or wrong of Kyle's shooting or his character.

We can all surely agree that the world is a nicer and safer place for kids and women now that those 2 pricks are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You see you've bought into the narrative that's being pushed by some groups at the moment.

Himself and a friend were helping to protect a local business, in no way did he "take to the streets to shoot strangers" but keep believing that false narrative.

"Later in the day, they received information about a call for help from a local business owner, whose downtown Kenosha auto dealership was largely destroyed by mob violence. The business owner needed help to protect what he had left of his life's work, including two nearby mechanic's shops. Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha and many other American cities, and headed to the business premises."

Full statement here:

https://twitter.com/infolibnews/status/1299545139187249153?s=20

Menahan is a far right nutter. WTAF is a 17 year doing defending some randomer's business with a semi automatic rifle?

Take a look in the focking mirror.

Danzy wrote: »

We can all surely agree that the world is a nicer and safer place for kids and women now that those 2 pricks are dead.
    By that twisted logic, wouldn't the world be a better place if someone killed the murderer that is Kyle Rittenhouse?

Its a pathetic race to the bottom once you get into the line of thinking where you delight in the deaths of others.

Danzy wrote: »

Nope. Sorry can't agree. As I asked Kidc what would you do in the same situation as Anthony Huber in Kenosha?

Menahan is a far right nutter. WTAF is a 17 year doing defending some randomer's business with a semi automatic rifle?

Take a look in the focking mirror.

The statement came from his lawyer that Menahan fella just retweeted it.

He was doing his duty as a good American citizen in helping protect a fellow citizen's business and livelihood that was under threat from a violent mob that had already burned down one of his businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He was doing his duty as a good American citizen in helping protect a fellow citizen's business and livelihood that was under threat from a violent mob that had already burned down one of his businesses.

He was 17 with a semi automatic rifle. You're talking rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But weren't the protesters also his fellow citizens executing their constitutional right to protest?

• Advertisement

This then begs the question that if the gun did not cross state lines, which gun owner illegally gave it to him and what can be done to stop this reoccurring as it is clear how easy it is to get a gun in the hands of a child with violent tendencies to kill with.

And it doesn't appear to address the issue of his illegally holding a firearm openly at his age, a which is another question not only he but the police who thanked him for doing so should ha e to answer for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement