Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

da_miser wrote: »
    Read the CDC report, how many of them where Covid19 only?
    As it stands if you have Covid19 and get run over by a truck, its classed as a Covid19 death.

People can see with their own eyes that its no where near as bad as the panic merchants would have you believe, the public are getting on with living their lives, social distancing is on the way out , you dont have to like it but that is the fact, so answer me this, why are we not seeing the death rate rise?
    Could it be Covid19 has already burned across the country and killed all its going to kill bar a few stragglers?
    The nation was closes when we where getting 10 new infected a day, now we get 150 infected a day and they are opening the schools, do you not think that is strange?

524953.png

Read the CDC report, how many of them where Covid19 only?
    As it stands if you have Covid19 and get run over by a truck, its classed as a Covid19 death.

People can see with their own eyes that its no where near as bad as the panic merchants would have you believe, the public are getting on with living their lives, social distancing is on the way out , you dont have to like it but that is the fact, so answer me this, why are we not seeing the death rate rise?
    Could it be Covid19 has already burned across the country and killed all its going to kill bar a few stragglers?
    The nation was closes when we where getting 10 new infected a day, now we get 150 infected a day and they are opening the schools, do you not think that is strange?

As already pointed out, the fact they had pre-existing conditions does not mean they would be dead even if we didn't have covid. Excess deaths are over two hundred thousand, care to explain that one? Pretty shameful that you're choosing to misrepresent the CDC and ignore the hundreds of thousands who have died that would still be alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a new low, even for the GOP. they manipulated the voice of Ady Barkan to create a fake video.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/30/ady-barkan-scalise-twitter-video/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_politics
    Twitter flagged a video shared by the second-ranking House Republican on Saturday as “manipulated,” as it spliced quotes together from an activist who speaks through computer voice assistance, making it sound as though he’d convinced Joe Biden to defund police departments.

“I have lost my ability to speak, but not my agency or my thoughts,” Ady Barkan wrote to Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the House minority whip, in a Sunday tweet. “You and your team have doctored my words for your own political gain. Please remove this video immediately. You owe the entire disability community an apology.”

The dispute came down to two words from an interview Biden gave Barkan at the start of July. Barkan, who has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), speaks with the use of a device that reads his eye movements and translates them to an artificial voice. The interview, one of many that Barkan had done with Democratic presidential candidates, turned at one point to whether Biden would shift some funding from armed policing to social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

That BS might wash on Twitter or at a Trump rally, any person half paying attention will see it for what it is.

1576609827172.png

How many crimes has Trump been convicted of?

He's not responsible for the crimes that people commited while working for him or those that he associated with.

Would you blame and ridicule the family of a murderer for a murder that their family member commited which they had nothing to do with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

then we have San Francisco, its possibly a lost cause, shop lifting is now legal, people are fleeing in droves.
    Are you sure you know anything about San Francisco, at all? Apart from the fact that it's a city with a (slight) growth rate, nobody is leaving because of crime. If people are leaving SF, it's almost always because of the high cost of living and ridiculous rents.

• Advertisement

He's not responsible for the crimes that people commited while working for him or those that he associated with.

Would you blame and ridicule the family of a murderer for a murder that their family member commited which they had nothing to do with?

these are not family members. they are people he hired. he seems to hire a lot of crooks. maybe he is just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They'll go as low as they can. Absolutely disgusting. The "party of christian values". I'm sure the Trumpists will be along soon to defend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

threeball wrote: »
    Why don't you go out, lick a few door handles and test your theory.

Why do that when i can go to the pub with friends have a feed of drink and pop next door to the bookies and have a good day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,749 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What happened to 'I hire the best people'?

How can he be considered the 'Law and Order' President when he can't even keep the law within his inner circle?

What about him pardoning Roger Stone who threatened to flip on him?

As for crimes he has been convicted of? How about having to pay fines for misuse of charity funds for a start.
    Law and Order President. Should be embarrassed to suggest it.

The best you could say is that it shows an awful poor sense of judgment on Trump's behalf that he keeps hiring criminals and shady characters to job government posts. And that's being kind. If you or I hired criminals in our jobs at the rate Trump does we'd be swiftly given the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

these are not family members. they are people he hired. he seems to hire a lot of crooks. maybe he is just unlucky?

Well he certainly didn't know that they were crooks before he hired them otherwise he wouldn't have hired them.

Are you sure you know anything about San Francisco, at all? Apart from the fact that it's a city with a (slight) growth rate, nobody is leaving because of crime. If people are leaving SF, it's almost always because of the high cost of living and ridiculous rents.

Who is in charge of SF?
    Could the city be run by Dems?
    Could it be the Dems who legalised shop lifting?
    Could it be the city is going to rack and ruin under Dem control?

Well he certainly didn't know that they were crooks before he hired them otherwise he wouldn't have hired them.

He actively interfered in their investigations and got some of them out of jail....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

As already pointed out, the fact they had pre-existing conditions does not mean they would be dead even if we didn't have covid. Excess deaths are over two hundred thousand, care to explain that one? Pretty shameful that you're choosing to misrepresent the CDC and ignore the hundreds of thousands who have died that would still be alive today.

Your arguing with someone that believes in a conspiracy theory. Your absolutely wasting your time as rational points can’t be processed.

he knew cohen was a crook. cohen committed his crimes working for trump at trumps request.

Who is in charge of SF?
    Prop 47 didn't legalize shoplifting. Prop 47 was also a Californian-wide ballot initiative.

There are huge problems in SF. Most of them are to due with wealth, with high income earners driving everyone else out. Have you lived in San Francisco?

Who is in charge of SF?

Lies again. Can you show us exactly where "the Dems legalised shop lifting"? Exactly show us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Egmk-MTJX0-AEb-LBF.jpg

Does this purile messaging actually work you reckon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,890 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump helps young people.

He's helping Kyle Rittenhouse form a defence for killing two people.

WrenBoy wrote: »

I know, Trump has an unfortunate tendency to bully and behave in a purile way. Great to see a Trump supporter acknowledging it.

• Advertisement

you're not one of those people who think that trump wasn't actually mocking the disabled person?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Sure you did. :pac:

I have no reason to lie, Trump will win again and will make me money this November.
    Its as good as a sure thing at this stage.
    bet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Simpletons seem to think it does.

EgxSy6_VkAAXKQZ?format=jpg&name=medium

I have no reason to lie, Trump will win again and will make me money this November.
    Its as good as a sure thing at this stage.
    bet.jpg

Fair Play. Most times you hear people say - I won money on that - it's never actually true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,749 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Simpletons seem to think it does.

You do know Sean Hannity is an adviser to Trump?

If Fox is the most widely watched cable news network, does that not make it MSM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

This is hard to watch. Very embarrassing yet again from Trump. He's now comparing police shooting a man in the back to golfers missing putts. Laura Ingraham did her best to keep him on track. You can imagine what crazy things he'll come out with in the debates without a handler there controlling him.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Lies again. Can you show us exactly where "the Dems legalised shop lifting"? Exactly show us that.

The Dems brought in a law if the value is less than $950 you wont be arrested, as you can imagine chaos

The Dems brought in a law if the value is less than $950 you wont be arrested, as you can imagine chaos

So they didn't legalize shoplifting so as you claimed?

• Advertisement

Here's prominent Democrat Newt Gingrich with an editorial in support of Prop 47; https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0917-gingrich-prop--47-criminal-justice-20140917-story.html

The actual law is that it was reclassified from a felony to a misdemeanor. It is California-wide, not a San Francisco initiative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement