Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

CNN might or some z list rapper but the Democrats are hiding Joe away from real scrutiny for good reason. He made a complete shambles of attempting to read a teleprompter yesterday god knows how he's going to cope in a debate.

The democrats need to desperately look at replacing him sooner rather than later.

are you ignoring the interview with ABC for some reason? or are you going to pretend you didn't notice it when it was posted an hour ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He made a complete shambles of attempting to read a teleprompter yesterday god knows how he's going to cope in a debate.

Presume you are talking about Trump here. The man literally cannot read a teleprompter and goes completely off piste without the teleprompter ranting about conspiracy theories and other nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

are you ignoring the interview with ABC for some reason? or are you going to pretend you didn't notice it when it was posted an hour ago?

Yes. It's an inconvenient fact so, just like Trump himself, he can convince himself that it never happened and go on believing his own reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

CNN might or some z list rapper but the Democrats are hiding Joe away from real scrutiny for good reason. He made a complete shambles of attempting to read a teleprompter yesterday god knows how he's going to cope in a debate.

The democrats need to desperately look at replacing him sooner rather than later.

I posted video earlier of Trumps teleprompter gaffes, you blatantly ignored it. Why does Biden stumbling over one sentence (during an otherwise flawless speech) give you such a hard on yet video evidence of Trump doing it over and over gets ignored.

Is this the Trump derangement syndrome i have been hearing so much about?

Here it is again, in case you happened to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yes. It's an inconvenient fact so, just like Trump himself, he can convince himself that it never happened and go on believing his own reality.

Part of the script they follow. Lie. Lie disproved. Repeat same lie. Repeat repeat repeat, trying to wear down the reprovers. Remember birtherism? Same script, different story. Benghazi. Uranium one. All of them, lies repeated ad nauseum despite mountains of proof. Earlier version: welfare queens. Anchor babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There is literally a full interview posted on the previous page. Do you even read the other posts in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I posted video earlier of Trumps teleprompter gaffes, you blatantly ignored it. Why does Biden stumbling over one sentence (during an otherwise flawless speech) give you such a hard on yet video evidence of Trump doing it over and over gets ignored.

Is this the Trump derangement syndrome i have been hearing so much about?

Here it is again, in case you happened to miss it.

I did miss it. i don't read every single post believe it or not i have a life.

Yes i agree. As iv'e said numerous times before Trump is an idiot but that doesn't excuse Biden from being one also. I want the democrats to win this election by putting forward a strong candidate.

But you know this already right because you've read every single post on the thread and know iv'e stated this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

MadYaker wrote: »
    There is literally a full interview posted on the previous page. Do you even read the other posts in this thread?

Not them all no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1300644036307369984?s=19

Just in case anyone wasn't able to understand what Biden said in those clips here it is in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not them all no.

convenient.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone wasn't able to understand what Biden said in those clips here it is in black and white.

Yes, yes. He stumbled over a teleprompter. It's been posted about and posted about multiple times.

I get that the Trump campaign doesn't really have much to attack Biden on but trying to make this election about speaking ability might not be the best approach either. For every Biden gaffe, there are 10s of Trumpian brainfarts, even in those hand-holdy interviews with Fox like last night's one.

Not them all no.

I guess that explains why you don't really know what's going on so. Biden isn't senile and unlike Trump is capable of answering normal questions in a normal interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

MadYaker wrote: »
    I guess that explains why you don't really know what's going on so. Biden isn't senile and unlike Trump is capable of answering normal questions in a normal interview.
    Demonstrably, from the posts above.

At the end of the day it's all just talk, but at least Biden can string a sentence together. https://www.c-span.org/video/?475311-1/joe-biden-delivers-remarks-public-safety-law-enforcement&live=

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ELM327 wrote: »
    Demonstrably, from the posts above.

Whats your thoughts on Trumps constant rambling and messing up while he's reading from a teleprompter?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Slighly OT, but how can Laura Ingraham call herself, not even a journaist but even a presenter, when she nasically covered for POTUS last night?

She had the chance of actually getting a real story there, abeit the mutterings of a conspiracy theorist, but instead tried to cover up for Trump.

What is wrong with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Slighly OT, but how can Laura Ingraham call herself, not even a journaist but even a presenter, when she nasically covered for POTUS last night?

She had the chance of actually getting a real story there, abeit the mutterings of a conspiracy theorist, but instead tried to cover up for Trump.

What is wrong with these people?

Well she’s a very biased Republican and there’s no secret about it.

Oh no he butchered a teleprompter line. Good job the other candidate for president is very strong with the aul teleprompter.

Trump on the Revolutionary War in the 18th Century:

"Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do..."

It's sad that the Trumpists can't point to any achievements of their guy and have to resort to repeating the same Fox News talking point endlessly. Although Trump kind of blew a hole in the "Biden is encouraging the violence" theory last night by suggesting that unseen dark forces are actually controlling things.

Also interesting to hear Trump suggest that a planeload of domestic terrorists flew in to disrupt the RNC. Doesn't say much for the "Law & Order" president if Homeland Security and the TSA allowed a planeload of domestic terrorists fly into the nation's capital city with impunity. In fact that should terrify the republican voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's sad that the Trumpists can't point to any achievements of their guy and have to resort to repeating the same Fox News talking point endlessly. Although Trump kind of blew a hole in the "Biden is encouraging the violence" theory last night by suggesting that unseen dark forces are actually controlling things.

Also interesting to hear Trump suggest that a planeload of domestic terrorists flew in to disrupt the RNC. Doesn't say much for the "Law & Order" president if Homeland Security and the TSA allowed a planeload of domestic terrorists fly into the nation's capital city with impunity. In fact that should terrify the republican voters.

This "Law and Order" mantra that he now seems to want to run on is a total joke. His America is the one we're seeing right now. He's been in power for 4 years. It's about time someone called him out on that - he's basically trying to run as the challenger now rather than the incumbent.

Makes it pretty obvious how pointless his 4 years in office has been, that he's now effectively running as the challenger.

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    This "Law and Order" mantra that he now seems to want to run on is a total joke. His America is the one we're seeing right now. He's been in power for 4 years. It's about time someone called him out on that - he's basically trying to run as the challenger now rather than the incumbent.

Makes it pretty obvious how pointless his 4 years in office has been, that he's now effectively running as the challenger.

America is in the state it's currently in because Dems have been encouraging people to take to the streets and this has spectacularly backfired on them as support for Trump has increased over the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/1300520249196978176?s=19

Whats your thoughts on Trumps constant rambling and messing up while he's reading from a teleprompter?

Judging by the frequency of posting the same Biden clip, this will be a deal breaker. They've made their position on poor speech-craft clear and since these are principled and consistent posters, I expect that they will be turning their backs on Trump, any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

America is in the state it's currently in because Dems have been encouraging people to take to the streets and this has spectacularly backfired on them as support for Trump has increased over the last few weeks.

Yeah we know, nothing is ever under the control of Trump.

The virus, the c=economy, law and order.

Since he has such little control, why would you want to give him another 4 years to continue to fail to do anything?

Um. The right to take to the streets is pretty much enshrined in the the US constitution and in US history. Were you whinging when armed militias took over US state capitol buildings? No, didn't think so.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Yeah we know, nothing is ever under the control of Trump.

The virus, the c=economy, law and order.

Since he has such little control, why would you want to give him another 4 years to continue to fail to do anything?

Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

I never said that he had such little control but there are some things that he can't control such as the actions of Democratic mayor's in cities that are burning.

https://twitter.com/StreetVet100/status/1300064323449098242?s=09

That's a funny one. It's just a clip with scary music and quotes from people lacking any context.

Common right-wing fear bait but I guess that this is what they're into.

Where do you come across this stuff anyway?

Um. The right to take to the streets is pretty much enshrined in the the US constitution and in US history. Were you whinging when armed militias took over US state capitol buildings? No, didn't think so.

Never said it wasn't their right not take to the streets. They are doing the Dems no favours by rioting and looting when they are the very ones that encouraged them to get out onto the streets.

Sure they didn't tell them to loot and riot but their calls for them to get out onto the street has resulted in rioting and looting among the groups that had no interest in protesting at all.

Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

I never said that he had such little control but there are some things that he can't control such as the actions of Democratic mayor's in cities that are burning.
    Once could be ignored as a slip but you've done it twice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Oh no he butchered a teleprompter line. Good job the other candidate for president is very strong with the aul teleprompter.

I only saw a few minutes of his speech but he looked like he had someone prompting him in his ear by the way he was talking and pausing so frequently.

• Advertisement

I only saw a few minutes of his speech but he looked like he had someone prompting him in his ear by the way he was talking and pausing so frequently.

Oh my, moving into conspiracies now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement