Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I only saw a few minutes of his speech but he looked like he had someone prompting him in his ear by the way he was talking and pausing so frequently.

George Soros?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

America is in the state it's currently in because Dems have been encouraging people to take to the streets and this has spectacularly backfired on them as support for Trump has increased over the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/1300520249196978176?s=19

Imagine if famous Conservatives and Republican members of congress had said stuff like this during Obama's tenure. Insane the blindspot liberals have when it comes to their own behaviour and the consequences of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

I never said that he had such little control but there are some things that he can't control such as the actions of Democratic mayor's in cities that are burning.

https://twitter.com/StreetVet100/status/1300064323449098242?s=09

Can you show me a single contemporary news report of rioting taking place in Atlantic City or Phoenix for instance? Don't be lazy and just throw up more Portland stuff. How many of those cities are actually "Rioting Cities"? There an awful smell of BS off that tweet.

Presume this is to show how bad Democrats are so not sure why Fort Worth is on it - Republican in charge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Imagine if famous Conservatives and Republican members of congress had said stuff like this during Obama's tenure. Insane the blindspot liberals have when it comes to their own behaviour and the consequences of it.

Very true one rule for them and one rule for everyone else and if you disagree with them on any issue the mob won't take too long to come along and attack you.

Very true one rule for them and one rule for everyone else and if you disagree with them on any issue the mob won't take too long to come along and attack you.

It's very telling that you ignore certain posts asking you for proof...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pointing out the irony of your posts is not "attacking" you!

If you are going to post a video of Biden making a slip up during an otherwise perfect speech then why are you so upset when people point out that Trump does the exact same thing on a much worse and much larger scale?

How is that an "attack" on you?

Imagine if famous Conservatives and Republican members of congress had said stuff like this during Obama's tenure. Insane the blindspot liberals have when it comes to their own behavior and the consequences of it.

Tea Party took to the streets encouraged by Republican conservatives and Fox News and right wing media. Armed militia taking over democratic institutions and state capitols was cheered and roared on by Republicans. But yes of course it's the evil Dems all the time. Rinse and repeat.

Pointing out the irony of your posts is not "attacking" you!

If you are going to post a video of Biden making a slip up during an otherwise perfect speech then why are you so upset when people point out that Trump does the exact same thing on a much worse and much larger scale?

How is that an "attack" on you?

That statement wasn't in relation to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That statement wasn't in relation to boards.

Where was it in relation to?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

I never said that he had such little control but there are some things that he can't control such as the actions of Democratic mayor's in cities that are burning.

https://twitter.com/StreetVet100/status/1300064323449098242?s=09

But you accept that over law and order he has no control, which is strange because that is the very line that he is running on.

He couldn't control the virus because of individual states either.

That is perfectly fine to take the line that it is outside his control, but the conclusion of that is surely it is time to get in someone who can control or influence it.

Who better to control Democratic governors, than a democratic POTUS. So if you are so concerned then the only natural vote is for Biden.

• Advertisement

Where was it in relation to?

Other online discussion sites and social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see #Trumpstroke is trending on twitter.

Hummm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see #Trumpstroke is trending on twitter.

Hummm.

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1300811242714488832?s=19

Meanwhile, Trump's goons are picking on one minor stumble by Biden in an otherwise perfect speech. Maybe they should concentrate on their own fella's issues, there's clearly something wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Maybe they should concentrate on their own fella's issues, there's clearly something wrong with him.

And show disloyalty? Are you f***ing mad??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1300811242714488832?s=19

Meanwhile, Trump's goons are picking on one minor stumble by Biden in an otherwise perfect speech. Maybe they should concentrate on their own fella's issues, there's clearly something wrong with him.

Frontotemporal dementia

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Tea Party took to the streets encouraged by Republican conservatives and Fox News and right wing media. Armed militia taking over democratic institutions and state capitols was cheered and roared on by Republicans. But yes of course it's the evil Dems all the time. Rinse and repeat.

Show me where famous conservatives and Republican members of congress encouraged people to instigate violence on Democrats and suggested that Obama should be assassinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

America is in the state it's currently in because Dems have been encouraging people to take to the streets and this has spectacularly backfired on them as support for Trump has increased over the last few weeks.

Sobering. Thank you for sharing. People need to see the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I've never come across such an allegedly powerful man, that apparently has no power whatsoever. It's always someone else's fault when things start falling apart.

Show me where famous conservatives and Republican members of congress encouraged people to instigate violence on Democrats and suggested that Obama should be assassinated.

Trump has been egging on militias for months. He's also made references to a civil war if he loses in November..

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-protestors-with-guns-in-michigan-capitol-are-very-good-people-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

He also considered paying the legal fees of a man who punched a protesters back in 2016.

https://time.com/4256809/donald-trump-l/

Trump has been egging on militias for months. He's also made references to a civil war if he loses in November..

So you can't do what I asked then. Noted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Most of the people in that clip aren't even Democratic Party members. They're just various talking heads.

If you think that statements from various people is enough to judge the party by, wait till you see what FOX, Rush Limbaugh, Patriot Prayer, KKK, Proud Boys and the boogaloos have been saying.

Sobering. Thank you for sharing. People need to see the truth.

What truth? How many of those cities are actually "rioting cities"? Any contemporary news reports that there are riots in Atlantic City or Phoenix or Memphis? Fort Worth has a Republican mayor - very sobering indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

LIBERATE MICHIGAN, LIBERATE MINNESOTA, LIBERATE VIRGINIA.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I've never come across such an allegedly powerful man, that apparently has no power whatsoever. It's always someone else's fault when things start falling apart.

What exactly do you think the President should do to tackle the propaganda and lies of the MSM which has led to the riots and unrest? What should he do in response to these famous liberals and democrats suggesting republicans should be attacked and that he should be assassinated? You imply that he has the power to negate the affect these people have on the public and so I'm curious, what do you think he should do as these people are clearly quite effective at causing unrest and making the public believe that he and his administration think and want things they most certainly do not.

Do you think that helps stabilise the nation? A seventeen year old killed two people last week, his supporters and himself are trying to justify that. Days before he had people speak at the RNC who pointed guns at peaceful protesters. He's actively instigated violence with how he's approached entire situation.

But sure you're the guy who justifies how peaceful protesters at a church were attacked so he could do a photo op. The priest at the church backs up that they were largely peaceful. The Bishop at the time condemned Trump over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

President Trump is arriving in Kenosha soon. I think I speak for all posters here in hoping he stays safe during the visit.

President Trump set to tour damage, hold round table discussion in Kenosha

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/01/trump-kenosha-president-arrive-kenosha-shortly-after-noon/3453917001/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What exactly do you think the President should do to tackle the propaganda and lies of the MSM which has led to the riots and unrest? What should he do in response to these famous liberals and democrats suggesting republicans should be attacked and that he should be assassinated? You imply that he has the power to negate the affect these people have on the public and so I'm curious, what do you think he should do as these people are clearly quite effective at causing unrest and making the public believe that he and his administration think and want things they most certainly do not.

He patently isn't up the job given in your own words there is nothing he can do.

Time for him to step aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

LIBERATE MICHIGAN, LIBERATE MINNESOTA, LIBERATE VIRGINIA.

Don't worry, I'm sure Pete is such a loyal lad that he is happy to brush that off along with Trumps support for Republican house Rep physically assaulting a reporter by saying "anyone that can do a body slam is my kind of guy!".

I'd say actually making even a half-assed attempt at a unifying speech might be a good start. Despite the idiocy of the last 4 years, the words of the President of the United States still matter. I won't bother getting into a discussion with you, as I've been down that rabbit hole before, but all I'll say is that you can't keep blaming the "MSM" forever. Instead of continually flaming racial tensions, a unifying message might actually start the process of healing between the two sides. Trump has never made even a single attempt to be a President for all - you only have to go back to his inauguration speech to see where this all started.

At some point, Trump needs to own the type of country that he's creating. And so do you.

• Advertisement

President Trump is arriving in Kenosha soon. I think I speak for all posters here in hoping he stays safe during the visit.

Meh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement