Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I didn't denounce the Dem mayors I was merely pointing out that a number of posters were saying that Trump wasn't doing enough to stop the riots but, he offered help to some Dem mayors and they turned down his offer. So putting the blame on him for not doing enough to stop the riots is fairly stupid.

That's a strawman. You posted this tweet, here it is again:

with a list of democratic "rioting cities". You said and I quote: Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

But as shown most of these cities with a small number of exceptions are no longer "rioting cities". You posted news stories from the week of the George Floyd protests to prove your point. I clearly posted news stories showing similar "burning cities" controlled by Republicans from the same timeframe. Don't try to move the goalposts now.

By the way what do you make of this in Fort Worth. Police chief dropped rioting charges against protestors. Fort Worth has a republican mayor. Seems the republicans are soft on rioters. https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/08/fort-worth-police-chief-ed-kraus-drops-charges-rioters-george-floyd-protests/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

weisses wrote: »
    Trump is doing nothing to stop the riots ... in fact he hopes they work in his favor

Nothing he can do when Democratic mayors like Ted Wheeler in Portland are refusing federal assistance.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's a strawman. You posted this tweet, here it is again:

with a list of democratic "rioting cities". You said and I quote: Not a lot he can do when the cities that are burning are run by democratic mayor's, some of whom are refusing federal assistance.

But as shown most of these cities with a small number of exceptions are no longer "rioting cities". You posted news stories from the week of the George Floyd protests to prove your point. I clearly posted news stories showing similar "burning cities" controlled by Republicans from the same timeframe. Don't try to move the goalposts now.

By the way what do you make of this in Fort Worth. Police chief dropped rioting charges against protestors. Fort Worth has a republican mayor. Seems the republicans are soft on rioters. https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/08/fort-worth-police-chief-ed-kraus-drops-charges-rioters-george-floyd-protests/amp/

Show me exactly where I denounced the Dem mayors?

As for those charges being dropped the police chief is trying to create a better relationship between themselves and the community, I don't see how that is a bad thing:

“Words are a start, but must be backed up with action,” said Chief Kraus in a statement. “To that end, I am dropping all charges for rioting that have resulted from the protests in Fort Worth, and each individual that was arrested for that violation will be notified by letter that their charges have been dropped. This is just one step on a long journey, but I hope it shows that the FWPD is committed to walking the path of reform with our community.”

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As for those charges being dropped the police chief is trying to create a better relationship between themselves and the community, I don't see how that is a bad thing:

“Words are a start, but must be backed up with action,” said Chief Kraus in a statement. “To that end, I am dropping all charges for rioting that have resulted from the protests in Fort Worth, and each individual that was arrested for that violation will be notified by letter that their charges have been dropped. This is just one step on a long journey, but I hope it shows that the FWPD is committed to walking the path of reform with our community.”

DM: Roll for Awareness.

525005.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Nothing he can do when Democratic mayors like Ted Wheeler in Portland are refusing federal assistance.

Wrong ... He could send in the national guard using the insurrection act

Why hasn't he done so yet ?

• Advertisement

I don't know I'm not an expert on stopping riots nor do I claim to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump could take a lead from him wouldn't you agree?

I don't know I'm not an expert on stopping riots nor do I claim to be.

Then don't claim that There is nothing Trump can do

Trump can do something about it but doing nothing may help him in securing a second term ... WHAT A ****IN MORON PRESIDENT

Meanwhile there are also riots in Omaha which has a Rep Mayor ( Is she also refusing help ?) Riots in Aurora, Colorado also a rep mayor .... I can go on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Another definitely normal Trump campaign email

trump-fundraising-email.png?w=833

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump could take a lead from him wouldn't you agree?

Yes indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If he did the lefties would say he was trying to start a civil war.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Stop portraying him as the victim .... Im trying to keep my dinner in

This tactic suits him ..... Tonight he will add a bit more fuel to the fire ... dont insult my intelligence by pretending otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

:rolleyes:

Oh change the record would you:
    Time for you to ignore the fact he has actual whiten supremacists in his direct advisory team, and has retweeted people shouting "white power!" in response to protesters.

Time for you to ignore the fact he has actual whiten supremacists in his direct advisory team, and has retweeted people shouting "white power!" in response to protesters.

Ignoring and shouting lefty is part of the playbook ... It doesn't require critical thinking

Yeah the fact that some of the protesters view the feds as his personal army rather than a government entity providing assistance is one of the main problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

ManBaby Trump as he was called at one stage.

Has there been evenone genuine trump supporter that has argued in good faith ?

Don't think so........

That is because it is literally impossible to argue for truno in good faith without repeatedly criticising him, and if there is one thing above all else that Trump and his supporters and his supporters will not tolerate under any circumstances, it is any form of criticism about Trump whatsoever.

Yeah the fact that some of the protesters view the feds as his personal army rather than a government entity providing assistance is one of the main problems.

One of the main problems is 17 year olds running around murdering people with automatic rifles ... I can understand you don't see it as a problem ... But it is definitely a problem, believe me

One of the main problems is 17 year olds running around murdering people with automatic rifles ... I can understand you don't see it as a problem ... But it is definitely a problem, believe me

You make it sound like it was a unprovoked attack and that he just shot them in cold blood.

Also it wasn't an automatic rifle it was semi-automatic.

This is has been debated to death some view it as murder others as self defense I believe it was the latter but we'll have to wait and see what the outcome of his trial is as for now it's just pure speculation by both sides.

That is because it is literally impossible to argue for truno in good faith without repeatedly criticising him, and if there is one thing above all else that Trump and his supporters and his supporters will not tolerate under any circumstances, it is any form of criticism about Trump whatsoever.

Trump had a golden opportunity to win a second term, By just taking the pandemic seriously, by properly reacting to the Floyd murder etc ... He only had to be presidential and use his brain

What did he do ? .. or better what did that narcissistic, conspiracy theory lover, sexist little voice in his head tell him ?

You make it sound like it was a unprovoked attack and that he just shot them in cold blood.

Also it wasn't an automatic rifle it was semi-automatic.

This is has been debated to death some view it as murder others as self defense I believe it was the latter but we'll have to wait and see what the outcome of his trial is as for now it's just pure speculation by both sides.

It was a kid who watched to many movies and had access to a gun... May he rot in jail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

by properly reacting to the Floyd murder

He wasn't murdered

* WARNING disturbing content *

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-robert-duncan-usps-super-pac_n_5f4dafa9c5b64f17e141d8a7

Not suspicious at all....
    Head Of USPS Board Of Governors Is Also Director Of Mitch McConnell Super PAC

He wasn't murdered

* WARNING disturbing content *

Sorry .. unnecessary killing by a police officer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

while that is bad enough his mother drove him across state lines to be there. she has to be culpable as well.

while that is bad enough his mother drove him across state lines to be there. she has to be culpable as well.

I hope your not gonna tell me he also lived in a trailer park

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I hope your not gonna tell me he also lived in a trailer park

a nice respectable boy apparently. until he started shooting people in the head that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

LMAO Is that the best you got?? :pac:

The guy shouted white power sarcastically as moron leftists were calling them the KKK asking them were their white hoods were!

When liberals all started pearl clutching over it Trump deleted the bloody tweet. Fcuking hilarious that's the best proof you have that Trump's has been egging on white supremacists but just shows how paper thin the accusation ultimately is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

a nice respectable boy apparently. until he started shooting people in the head that is.

Well, yes, if you ignore his punching a young girl. So, apart from assaulting a girl, carrying an illegal semi automatic rifle and killing two people, Kyle's a grand fella altogether.

LMAO Is that the best you got?? :pac:

The guy shouted white power sarcastically as moron leftists were calling them the KKK asking them were their white hoods were!

White obese republican pensioners in golf carts shouting white power ....

curb-laughing.gif?1384968217

• Advertisement

When liberals all started pearl clutching over it Trump deleted the bloody tweet. Fcuking hilarious that's the best proof you have that Trump's has been egging on white supremacists but just shows how paper thin the accusation ultimately is.

Point is, that dumb **** posted it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement