Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

He is not a criminal.

Can you tell me what crime he has been convicted of?
    Apparently to the left, "credibly accused" means convicted.

More fake news.

He hasn't been convicted of a crime so he is not a criminal.

So you're okay with criminals who avoid charges by settling with district attorneys? So basically rich criminals are fine. Your moral compass is pretty warped. The man isn't legally allowed to manage a charity because of how it operated for his own benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

He is not a criminal.

Can you tell me what crime he has been convicted of?

If I am running around killing people am I considered a criminal ?

yes or no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

duploelabs wrote: »
    Unnamed co-conspirator in the case that took down Michael Cohen

And what crime was Trump convicted of in that case?

So you're okay with criminals who avoid charges by settling with district attorneys? So basically rich criminals are fine. Your moral compass is pretty warped. The man isn't legally allowed to manage a charity because of how it operated for his own benefit.

He is not a criminal as he has not been convicted of a crime.

A settlement does not mean he is guilty of a crime, or that it is an admission of guilt.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Apparently to the left, "credibly accused" means convicted.

I know, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

A settlement does mean he is guilty of a crime, or that it is an admission of guilt.
    He illegally operated a fraudulent “university” and a self-dealing “foundation.” He avoided charges by paying millions of dollars to settle those cases.

;)

A settlement does mean he is guilty of a crime, or that it is an admission of guilt.

So you had no problem with OJ Simpson when he got off for killing his wife? Never convicted so all good.

I know, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

So I am not a criminal when running around killing people .... Only when I'm actually caught doing it ?

So you had no problem with OJ Simpson when he got off for killing his wife? Never convicted so all good.

Yup innocent until proven guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he wsan't indicted because Barr decided that a president cannot be indicted. very convenient for trump. But dont worry, Trump's time in prison orange will come.

weisses wrote: »
    So I am not a criminal when running around killing people .... Only when I'm actually caught doing it ?

You could have killed those people in self defense so, no you would not be a criminal if you were running around killing people.

You need to be convicted of a crime in a court for you to be a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Ah , that's ok so - He just acts "Handicapped" to mock people because he thinks a handicap is something to mock.

So he wasn't mocking that specific disabled journalists , just all disabled people in general.

Lovely.

I can't believe what I am reading here...

At no stage did the user you're quoting say that Trump acted handicapped. You're just putting words in their mouth so you can have a childish groundless rant about Trump and claim he mocked all disabled people. He did no such thing and you know very well he didn't.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'll ask again as you are ignoring the question.

I didn't ignore the question. You just failed to understand the answer. Trump said you gotta see this guy in reference to his grovelling. Watch the video I included. The motions he uses are the ones he always used when mocking people and no that does not mean he's mocking all disabled people. What the hell is wrong with you all? NO disabled people mocked for being disabled. It never happened.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/04/10/trump-university-settlement-judge-finalized/502387002/
    A federal judge finalized the $25 million settlement between President Trump and students of his now shuttered Trump University on Monday, with New York's attorney general claiming “victims of Donald Trump’s fraudulent university will finally receive the relief they deserve.”

So trump settled ... According to you that is an admmission of guilt

And according to you
    I can't support a criminal.

Ur welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Campaign finance violation, a federal crime

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/04/10/trump-university-settlement-judge-finalized/502387002/

So trump settled ... According to you that is an admmission of guilt

And according to you

Ur welcome

You need to read my post again I said a settlement is NOT an admission of guilt never has been and it never will be, unless they admit liability with the settlement.

Edit: I left out the word not in my original post

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yup innocent until proven guilty.

I punch you in the face. Am I innocent of punching you in the face until proven guilty in a court of law? Let's say there's not enough evidence and I'm given a verdict of not guilty. Were you not punched in the face?

Innocent until proven guilty is the legal position of the court, judge, prosecutors, jury etc, must start from the position that the defendant is innocent, and it's up to the prosecutors to prove to the judge/jury that the defendant is guilty.

It does not mean a crime has not been committed until the defendant has been proven guilty, or that if they're found not guilty it doesn't always mean they're not guilty, but could mean there wasn't enough evidence (or the prosecutors weren't able) to prove the defendant was guilty.

Trump not being convicted of a crime does not mean he hasn't committed any, and given his position and the number of investigations into him and his stonewalling of every investigation, it's more than likely he is guilty of some crimes.

Right now it's only his position as POTUS which is helping him block criminal proceedings against him.

You need to read my post again I said a settlement is NOT an admission of guilt never has been and it never will be, unless they admit liability with the settlement.

Edit: I left out the word not in my post

Yeah that word is kinda important

Campaign finance violation, a federal crime

What court convicted him of this crime?

Penn wrote: »
    Right now it's only his position as POTUS which is helping him block criminal proceedings against him.

Plus his wealth which he can use to settle without admitting guilt

Every normal citizen would have done serious time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He's an unindicted co-conspirator in that case but he cannot be indicted while in office.

Penn wrote: »
    I punch you in the face. Am I innocent of punching you in the face until proven guilty in a court of law? Let's say there's not enough evidence and I'm given a verdict of not guilty. Were you not punched in the face?

Innocent until proven guilty is the legal position of the court, judge, prosecutors, jury etc, must start from the position that the defendant is innocent, and it's up to the prosecutors to prove to the judge/jury that the defendant is guilty.

It does not mean a crime has not been committed until the defendant has been proven guilty, or that if they're found not guilty it doesn't always mean they're not guilty, but could mean there wasn't enough evidence (or the prosecutors weren't able) to prove the defendant was guilty.

Trump not being convicted of a crime does not mean he hasn't committed any, and given his position and the number of investigations into him and his stonewalling of every investigation, it's more than likely he is guilty of some crimes.

So your basically saying that a person is not innocent until proven guilty?

And that a crime has been committed but there isn't enough evidence to prove it.

Tell me this: Who decides that a person is guilty of a crime even when there isn't enough evidence to prove it?

He's an unindicted co-conspirator in that case but he cannot be indicted while in office.

So he's not a criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I didn't ignore the question. You just failed to understand the answer. Trump said you gotta see this guy in reference to his grovelling. Watch the video I included. The motions he uses are the ones he always used when mocking people and no that does not mean he's mocking all disabled people. What the hell is wrong with you all? NO disabled people mocked for being disabled. It never happened.

No he didn't - you're deliberately ignoring it at this stage. I'll quote Trump again as you've obviously missed it the first few times: "nice reporter, now the poor guy you gotta see this guy". Why say he's a "poor guy" that people "gotta see"? What's poor about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Southern District of New York

Southern District of New York

Can you provide me with the judgement that was made against him and the punishment that was handed down by the court?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He's not hiding anything he's under no obligation to release them.

Ever hear of Schrodinger's cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So he's not a criminal?

I don't know where you're getting that.

Regardless, it's clear that you'll just continue to redefine what you consider to be a criminal to avoid having Trump fit that definition. That's your right, childish and illogical as it may be.

I assume you can be held to that definition in future conversations?

Ever hear of Schrodinger's cat?

I have, watched a video in relation to quantum theory that used it.

I can see how you would apply it here but the law is black and white.

You're either guilty or not guilty.

There's a lot more of a grey area in science especially quantum theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You are not a criminal until you are tried and convicted by a jury of your peers. The law is pretty clear and unanimous in most western countries about this. The US (and Ireland for that matter) is no exception.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement