Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Except if the accusation is made by Tara Reed, then its fake news

Still spelling her name wrong Kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Except if the accusation is made by Tara Reed, then its fake news

Tara reed continually changed 'her story' and was so sketchy that her legal team dropped her

It's a good way of finding out if the postal system is fit for purpose because, if they caught voting a second time then we'll know that we can trust the postal voting system and if they don't well........... you can come to your own conclusion on that.

It's directing people to break the law. By the supposedly Law and Order President.

How would you even found out if the system worked, if the votes had been counted, it would be several months later before it came up in some analysis. As he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Indeed and some would say he has made America immeasurably worse in every single respect.

In fact 80% of Americans think that the country is on the wrong track and getting worse.

His approval rating had never been higher so, many Americans don't think he's doing such a bad job!

"President Donald Trump’s approval rating is the highest it has ever been, according to the trend line YouGov has created, tracking the numbers throughout his presidency."

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/08/31/president-donald-trump-approval-rating-highest-ever-yougov-trend-line-graph-poll?__twitter_impression=true

So now you're legitimising the President encouraging criminal behaviour. There doesn't seem to be any real behaviour you won't endorse.

He's just trying encourage people to test the postal voting system I don't see that as a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

His approval rating had never been higher, so many Americans don't think he's doing such a bad job!

"President Donald Trump’s approval rating is the highest it has ever been, according to the trend line YouGov has created, tracking the numbers throughout his presidency."

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/08/31/president-donald-trump-approval-rating-highest-ever-yougov-trend-line-graph-poll?__twitter_impression=true

Jesus H Christ , that's pathetic.

An All time high of 44.8% and people are trying to claim that it's a great sign.

The only President in HISTORY to never manage to get a majority of the country to approve of him.

He's just trying encourage people to test the postal voting system I don't see that as a bad thing.

It's criminal behavior.

Speaking of which, you still haven't responded to this
    duploelabs wrote: »
    We was an unnamed indicted co-conspirator in the southern district of new york in the trial of Michael Cohen, the fact that he's president meant that he escaped punishment.
    That's pretty much black and white for you

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No - He's trying to get people to commit a crime.

No more No less.

If as President he wants to ensure the integrity of the Electoral process he could approve the budget request that's been there for months at this stage for additional funding for Election Security.

It's criminal behavior.

Speaking of which, you still haven't responded to this

He hasn't been convicted of a crime you can use all the legal mumbo-jumbo you want but it doesn't change the undeniable truth that he is not a criminal.

He hasn't been convicted of a crime you can use all the legal mumbo-jumbo you want but it doesn't change the undeniable truth that he is not a criminal.

So you're not accepting down to it being 'mumbo jumbo', have you ever used that defence in court?

• Advertisement

So - When a school shooter murders a bunch of school kids and then eats their own gun before the police get to them - Are they not a criminal???

Or do they get to live on with an unblemished record because they were never convicted in a court?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

MAGA. Cities are burning, economy is in tatters, virus is killing 1000+ a day, virus has killed over 182000 people, national dbet the largest in history and grown 68% from 2016 to 2019, Russia openly attacking the democratic system, mass unemployment, food lines, schools closed, state having to provide billions or welfare to farmers due to trade decisions, and now he is openly saying that the electrical system itself is flawed and as such no democratic decision can be taken as real.

MAGA indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it works, the person will have committed voter fraud.
    If it doesn't work, the person will have attempted to commit voter fraud.

Both those things could lead to criminal prosecution against the person.

You don't see that as a bad thing?

No - He's trying to get people to commit a crime.

No more No less.

If as President he wants to ensure the integrity of the Electoral process he could approve the budget request that's been there for months at this stage for additional funding for Election Security.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if anyone actually does what he has suggested they do and if they will be tried and convicted of a crime.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if anyone actually does what he has suggested they do and if they will be tried and convicted of a crime.

And if they get arrested will "The President told me to do it" be a valid defence?

And if they get arrested will "The President told me to do it" be a valid defence?

I don't know I'm no legal eagle and I'm not familiar with the US justice system so I couldn't really answer that.

Worse case scenario is they get convicted for voter fraud but Trump will give them a presidential pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's a continual process he's building on the great work that he has done over the last 4 years.

It's open to interpretation some would say he has made America Great others would say he can continue to Make America Great.

And others would say that he has made America worse....a lot worse. We will see in November I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And if they do, which you know someone will, and they are caught, should Trump be held to blame for requesting them to do it?

He is the CiC and POTUS afterall.

The POTUS just requested that US citizens break the law. And you have nothing to say about it except maybe wait and see.

Again, why has Trump done nothing about this apparent shortcoming in the system until now? Why, as POTUS, has he been totally blindsided by this? He 'knew' there was voter fraud in 2016, and yet he appears to have done nothing at all to try to protect and enhance the system.

Surely that is one if his fundamental jobs, to protect the democracy of the country?

I don't know I'm no legal eagle and I'm not familiar with the US justice system so I couldn't really answer that.

Worse case scenario is they get convicted for voter fraud but Trump will give them a presidential pardon.

OK - So you're saying that with his statement Trump has basically said that everyone can commit voter fraud and as long as they say "Trump said it was ok" he'll pardon them??

And you don't see a problem with that utter destruction of the integrity of the electoral process ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are you currently unemployed? Because if you are, tweet a link to that post to Trump and you could probably get a job in his legal team.

• Advertisement

So you're not accepting down to it being 'mumbo jumbo', have you ever used that defence in court?

You said he was indicted which means:

"When a person is indicted, he is given formal notice that it is believed that he committed a crime"

https://www.justice.gov/usao/justice-101/charging

So he hasn't commited a crime he is believed to have done so.

Believing that he has commited a crime does not mean that he has commited the crime so he is not a criminal.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275871808261107712

He is a bullsh*tter by his own words.

And others would say that he has made America worse....a lot worse. We will see in November I suppose.

True it will be very exciting to watch.

You said he was indicted which means:

"When a person is indicted, he is given formal notice that it is believed that he committed a crime"

https://www.justice.gov/usao/justice-101/charging

So he hasn't commited a crime he is believed to have done so.

Believing that he has commited a crime does not mean that he has commited the crime so he is not a criminal.

So , in my example below
    So - When a school shooter murders a bunch of school kids and then eats their own gun before the police get to them - Are they not a criminal???

Or do they get to live on with an unblemished record because they were never convicted in a court?

Is the school shooter only "believed" to have committed mass murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's a felony and against the law. Amazing that we're at the stage that this has to be pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

An All time high of 44.8% and people are trying to claim that it's a great sign.

The only President in HISTORY to never manage to get a majority of the country to approve of him.
    :pac:

What's gas is when you actually click on the link to the yougov trend line, it shows that the daily caller article is a point blank lie. Trumps approval as per that very trend line was higher last June. https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/trackers/donald-trump-approval

It's almost as if The Daily Caller think their readers are sycophantic idiots who will gobble up whatever they're told, even when the very basis and sources of these claims show different.

I'm just going to state here that this counts both for his approval rating in isolation, and for his net approval when factoring in disapproval, which was also lower last June. Because if one thing can be depended upon, it is a Trump supporter reflexively replying to this to claim it meant 'the other' without even clicking on the link already provided.

June 2019: 45.2% approve, 52.2% disapprove, net - 7%
    Sep 2020: 44.8% approve, 53.6% disapprove, net -8.8%

So , in my example below

Is the school shooter only "believed" to have committed mass murder?

They were never convicted in court so they are not a criminal in the eyes of the law.

Obviously society will have a different view on that but, I'm speaking from the States and the legislature's viewpoint.

Would you not agree that having his highest approval rating in his history is cause for celebration among his supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Would you not agree that having his highest approval rating in his history is cause for celebration among his supporters?

Case in point.

• Advertisement

They were never convicted in court so they are not a criminal in the eyes of the law.

Obviously society will have a different view on that but, I'm speaking from the States and the legislature's viewpoint.

NO - They are a CRIMINAL.

They are not a CONVICTED Criminal , but they are absolutely categorically a Criminal.

Your inability or refusal to understand the differential is staggering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement