Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Correction second highest approval rating ever during his presidency.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Would you not agree that having his highest approval rating in his history is cause for celebration among his supporters?

Not really , because it's an incredibly embarrassing performance.

It's like someone having a party to celebrate finishing 10th in a 10 person race.

The old saying goes :-

"You can fool some of the all of the time and all of the people some of time"

Trump however has only ever managed the 1st part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quin_Dub wrote: »

It's like someone having a party to celebrate finishing 10th in a 10 person race.

But he got to 9th in the race once

I think it's down to over half the population still believing all the fake news from the MSM.

Once he convinces the majority of Americans to get their news from independent sources his approval rating should get above 50%.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think it's down to over half the population still believing all the fake news from the MSM.

Once he convinces the majority of Americans to get their news from independent sources his approval rating should get above 50%.

Sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can you point us to the independent sources which you use to get your news please.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

NO - They are a CRIMINAL.

They are not a CONVICTED Criminal , but they are absolutely categorically a Criminal.

Your inability or refusal to understand the differential is staggering.

More nonsense from you. Nobody is considered a criminal unless they have been convicted of a crime and all this mental gymnastics absurdity won't change that. I bet your philosophy would suddenly much different if it were Joe Biden that hadn't been convicted of a crime but yet was being called a criminal. The man is pretty damn close to being indicted in Ukraine; okay if we call him a criminal here? I bet you don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

More nonsense from you. Nobody is considered a criminal unless they have been convicted of a crime and all this mental gymnastics absurdity won't change that. I bet your philosophy would suddenly if it were Biden that hadn't been convicted of a crime but yet was being called a criminal. The man is pretty damn close to being indicted in Ukraine; okay if we call him a criminal here? I bet you won't think so.

Crooked Hillary?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What about her?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,667 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Igotadose wrote: »
    Crooked Hillary?

Mexicans

Protestors

• Advertisement

Can you point us to the independent sources which you use to get your news please.

TIA

I get a lot of my news from YouTube.

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Barely Informed with Elad
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout
    Tim Pool
    Mark Dice

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout

Man GTF
    They're about as Independent as Donalds Toupe.

The Hodgetwins? Would that be their 'The Conservative Twins' Channel.

Don't know how long you'll have been following them but they cottoned on to the market potential about 18 months ago and shifted their act to suit. Independent? :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout
    Tim Pool
    Mark Dice

It all makes sense now.

Man GTF
    They're about as Independent as Donalds Toupe.

The Hodgetwins? Would that be their 'The Conservative Twins' Channel.

Don't know how long you'll have been following them but they cottoned on to the market potential about 18 months ago and shifted their act to suit. Independent? :D:D:D:D

Their independent because they aren't controlled by anyone and they report on news and current affairs in an unbiased manner. There is no outside influence on their reporting and there is no hidden agenda it's all facts and no bullshiit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Their independent because they aren't controlled by anyone and they report on news and current affairs in an unbiased manner. There is no outside influence on their reporting and there is no hidden agenda it's all facts and no bullshiit.
    Unbiased?
    Take one example, ben shapiro (the others are actually worse) you are honestly saying he reports with no agenda and it's all facts?
    He is literally one of the founders of dailywire...
    who are infamous for sharing stories that are unverified with a notoriously right wing angle. They are also well known for climate change denial stories and for using fake pages to boost their engagement.

They are literally the opposite of what you claim.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It all makes sense now.
    So many grifters on that list....they would literally sell their soul for a dollar ffs

gmisk wrote: »
    Unbiased?
    Take one example, ben shapiro (the others are actually worse) you are honestly saying he reports with no agenda and it's all facts?
    He is literally one of the founders of dailywire...
    who are infamous for sharing stories that are unverified with a notoriously right wing angle. They are also well known for climate change denial stories and for using fake pages to boost their engagement.

They are literally the opposite of what you claim.

Yeah he has no agenda it's all facts no lies or bullshiit.

The climate has always been changing so I don't believe in climate change.

I've seen nothing that would make me doubt him or the daily wire as a reputable news source.

You patently don't know the mean of the word unbiased.

Surprised Diamond and Silk aren't on your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If you said that you prefer right leaning media that push conservative narratives that would be one thing but trying to say those sources are unbiased and not pushing hidden agendas is beyond laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout
    Tim Pool
    Mark Dice

This is what you find in your playlist when you watch one Joe Rogan video on youtube and fall asleep with autoplay on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if anyone actually does what he has suggested they do and if they will be tried and convicted of a crime.

The law and order president asks people to break the law. I'm out. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Yeah has no agenda it's all facts no lies or bullshiit.

I've seen nothing that would make me doubt him or the daily wire as a reputable news source.
    As I said already....that site is notorious for publishing unverified stories...literally....not facts....
    I mean ben shapiro literally lies about his own height.

Ok so you don't believe in climate change...the facts, and they are facts seem to point to you being incredibly wrong.
    I would recommend a lot of sites but the NASA one is very factual.
    https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,667 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

LOP, may I suggest that you expand your channels to include some of those on the 'other' side.

Not so much because you have to belive everything they say, but it gives a different POV and most of the time the truth is somewhere between the two.

Simply listening to one 'side' will only back up your bias. Of course they are going to say Biden is terrible, they want Trump to win. Of course it is the fault of the left, they are on the right and to admit that the right has any responsibility would mean holding themselves to account.

Try out some 'left' leaning channels for a while. See how you feel after a couple of days comparing the response to certain stories. You should find that neither side is giving a fully unbiased view, but there are certainly levels within that.

More nonsense from you. Nobody is considered a criminal unless they have been convicted of a crime and all this mental gymnastics absurdity won't change that. I bet your philosophy would suddenly much different if it were Joe Biden that hadn't been convicted of a crime but yet was being called a criminal. The man is pretty damn close to being indicted in Ukraine; okay if we call him a criminal here? I bet you don't think so.

The definition of Criminal is A person who has committed a crime.

Not "Convicted of a crime" but "Committed a Crime"

So yes , Donald Trump is a Criminal as the law has decided that he committed a crime , they just haven't convicted him yet , but they will sometime shortly after January 20th.

And - In whose universe in Biden "pretty damn close to being indicted in Ukraine"?

Even Bill " The Attorney General that doesn't know if it's illegal to vote twice" Barr has said that no charges will be brought against Biden.

That one is going to need backing up there Pete.

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout
    Tim Pool
    Mark Dice

The very definition of cognitive bias

Yeah he has no agenda it's all facts no lies or bullshiit.

The dailywire.... owned by Forward Publishing LLC which is owned and managed by the billionaire Wilks Brothers who made their money through the fossil fuel industry with their company Frac Tech. The Wilks brothers who are also a part of the extreme Christian right who interpret the bible literally....

So you can't see why there would for example be any bias on dailywire when it comes to stories about climate change?....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Leroy42 wrote: »
    LOP, may I suggest that you expand your channels to include some of those on the 'other' side.

If by other side, you mean left-wing disinformation grifters instead of right-wing disinformation grifters, I'm not sure that it's such a good idea. That would just leave someone even more misinformed. Although, there is a strong overlap between both left and right wing disinformation when it comes to topics like Syria and Russia for some reason.

gmisk wrote: »
    The dailywire.... owned by Forward Publishing LLC which is owned and managed by the billionaire Wilks Brothers who made their money through the fossil fuel industry with their company Frac Tech. The Wilks brothers who are also a part of the extreme Christian right who interpret the bible literally....

So you can't see why there would for example be any bias on dailywire when it comes to stories about climate change?....

Yeah turns out their not unbiased they say as much on their website:

"The Daily Wire does not claim to be without bias. We’re opinionated, we’re noisy, and we’re having a good time."

https://www.dailywire.com/about

As long as 90% is unbiased news I'm happy since we all have a little bit of inherent bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I see the media are reporting that Trump is encouraging voter fraud .... a felony.

Oh no wait, he's proving a point how unreliable the mail in voting system is ...

• Advertisement

Yeah turns out their not unbiased they say as much on their website:

"The Daily Wire does not claim to be without bias. We’re opinionated, we’re noisy, and we’re having a good time."

https://www.dailywire.com/about

As long as 90% is unbiased news I'm happy since we all have a little bit of inherent bias.
    Where'd you get that 90% from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement