Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I see the media are reporting that Trump is encouraging voter fraud .... a felony.

Oh no wait, he's proving a point how unreliable the mail in voting system is ...

Pity he couldn't prove that point in a court of law when his lawyers were asked to though.

So what's his plan? - Encourage his supporters to commit voter fraud and when they do and they get caught he'll shout "See!!! I told you there was voter fraud!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I see the media are reporting that Trump is encouraging voter fraud .... a felony.

Oh no wait, he's proving a point how unreliable the mail in voting system is ...

I know this is hard to believe but the President of the United States actually did encourage voter fraud.....crazy right?

You do know that his legal team were asked to produce evidence of widespread mail in voting fraud in a court case in Pennsylvania as they claimed and couldn't produce ANY evidence. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

duploelabs wrote: »
    Where'd you get that 90% from?

Myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Myself?

So you don't know definitively that it's 90%, do you not realise how susceptible you are to being coerced?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,667 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And offering up absolutely nothing to fix it, if it even is broken.

So basically, he has thrown up an idea, as if it was actually true, but he is actually in a position to have got all the required evidence from each state.

But as we have seen, it appears that Trump supporters don't actually expect Trump to actually solve any problems.

• Advertisement

So you don't know definitively that it's 90%, do you not realise how susceptible you are to being coerced?

Of course it's a possibility but I believe that they are a trustworthy news source.

Of course it's a possibility but I believe that they are a trustworthy news source.

How do you distinguish between the 90% that you say you trust as unbiased and the 10% of stories pushing a certain agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I get a lot of my news from YouTube.

I watch:

Liberal Hivemind
    Steven Crowder
    Ben Shapiro
    Fleccas Talks
    Barely Informed with Elad
    Slightly Offens*ve
    The Hodgetwins
    Liberty Hangout
    Tim Pool
    Mark Dice
    No wonder you swallow that "land of the free, home of the brave" bullsh!t if this is the sort of stuff you're watching

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How do you distinguish between the 90% that you say you trust as unbiased and the 10% of stories pushing a certain agenda?

See what other news sources are saying in relation to the event/story being reported and decide whether a bias may or may not exist.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    No wonder you swallow that "land of the free, home of the brave" bullsh!t if this is the sort of stuff you're watching

I find the content that they produce very informative and entertaining.

• Advertisement

See what other news sources are saying in relation to the event/story being reported and decide whether a bias may or may not exist.

You already know a bias exists, you happen to have made up a figure of 10%.

But what 10%? And which stories?

And does that include the omission of stories?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You already know a bias exists, you happen to have made up a figure of 10%.

But what 10%? And which stories?

And does that include the omission of stories?

The previous poster asked how I distinguish between the 90% and the 10% that's how I do it.

Don't really know what your asking me.

Not it doesn't include the omission of stories especially MSM stories.

Decide? On what parameters? What makes you adjudicate whether there is bias or not?

Decide? On what parameters? What makes you adjudicate whether there is bias or not?

My own personal judgement and also Twitter sometimes helps me in adjudicating whether there is bias or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I get that you like Trump but read what you wrote out loud and tell me that it doesn't sound stupid.

The previous poster asked how I distinguish between the 90% and the 10% that's how I do it.

Don't really know what your asking me.

Not it doesn't include the omission of stories especially MSM stories.

But if you already think the MSM is biased then anything that disagrees with your usual channels will simply be classed as fake. Not sure how you can use such a system to determine if your 'real' sources are telling the truth.

Omission is another major item. Failing to detail out the growing deficit, whilst telling you all about the growing economy will of course lead you to believe that Trump is doing a wonderful job.

Telling you that positive cases are going down, but failing to tell you that testing has also been massively reduced is not telling you the full story.

My own personal judgement and also Twitter sometimes helps me in adjudicating whether there is bias or not.

You literally are describing what could be a case study of Cognitive bias?

You literally are describing what could be a case study of Cognitive bias?

If it means that I don't get exposed to the fake news of the MSM then I'm happy.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But if you already think the MSM is biased then anything that disagrees with your usual channels will simply be classed as fake. Not sure how you can use such a system to determine if your 'real' sources are telling the truth.

Omission is another major item. Failing to detail out the growing deficit, whilst telling you all about the growing economy will of course lead you to believe that Trump is doing a wonderful job.

Telling you that positive cases are going down, but failing to tell you that testing has also been massively reduced is not telling you the full story.

Who decides what stories should or shouldn't be omitted?

Who decides if a story is unbiased or not?

And who facts check the fact checkers?

If it means that I don't get exposed to the fake news of the MSM then I'm happy.

Spoken like a true MAGA devotee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The Congressional Budget Office projects the federal deficit will reach $3.3 trillion in 2020 under Trump’s mismanagement.

The federal deficit was $597 billion in 2016.

Tis going well.

The U.S. trade deficit surged in July to $63.6 billion, the highest level in 12 years, as imports jumped by a record amount. The Commerce Department reported that the July deficit was 18.9% higher than the June deficit.

Didn't he promise something different?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Otherwise described as "As long as I stay in my bubble , I'm happy"

Basically sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalala"

The U.S. trade deficit surged in July to $63.6 billion, the highest level in 12 years, as imports jumped by a record amount. The Commerce Department reported that the July deficit was 18.9% higher than the June deficit.

Didn't he promise something different?

Been running large monthly trade deficits for years:

trad0620_2.png

Trump promised to eliminate it. Another Trump failure to deliver a key campaign promise from his 1st term.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How do you know it’s fake if your getting no exposure to it? Are you just believing other sources that tell you it’s fake?

salmocab wrote: »
    How do you know it’s fake if your getting no exposure to it? Are you just believing other sources that tell you it’s fake?

Pretty much if I'm told it's fake news then I'm going to believe that it's fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Been running large monthly trade deficits for years:

trad0620_2.png

Trump promised to eliminate it. Another Trump failure to deliver a key campaign promise from his 1st term.

"You will see a drop [in the trade deficit] like you’ve never seen before.”
    Trump 30/06/16

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Pretty much if I'm told it's fake news then I'm going to believe that it's fake news.

Now I certainly believe that of you

• Registered Users Posts: 25,599 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Spoken like a true MAGA devotee.

Who is probably glued to FOX "news" 24/7 365 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's hard to believe that with all this access to information at our fingertips, so many people choose to "inform" themselves by getting their "information" from talking heads with no regard for the truth. It's even got to a point in the US that over half of self-described Republicans think that QAnon is at least partly true.

Whatever happened to judging publications and journalists on their record for accuracy?

• Advertisement

Mike Pence is being very dishonest about North Carolina numbers, not surprisingly. I mean sure if you ignore the whole Covid thing and the 190k dead people then everything is rosy!

In reality it's:

- 80,000 jobs lost since election Day
    - 8.5% unemployment
    - 6% increase in hourly earnings over 4 years (1.5% pa) when adjusted for inflation.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMS37000000000000001?amp%253bdata_tool=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/SMU37000000500000003

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement