Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The world is safer because of Trump?

How much do you get paid for this satire?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its akin to making Ken Barlow PM of the Uk

Not really, Biden has a far more established political than Trump for example. He also tends to be more respected both domestically and globally than Trump. It's not gonna be an exciting presidency in all likelihood but that's a hell of a lot better than the events of the last 4 years. It's some much needed stability, particularly in the current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Not really, Biden has a far more established political than Trump for example. He also tends to be more respected both domestically and globally than Trump. It's not gonna be an exciting presidency in all likelihood but that's a hell of a lot better than the events of the last 4 years. It's some much needed stability, particularly in the current situation.

In fairness I agree with you about stability. Trump spoke about America first. In international politics he has definitely put America first. Countries putting themselves first isnt a crime though. China put themselves first as do Russia etc.

But from a global point of view Biden would be a better president for everyone if the USA wants to be seen as world leader.

The tension with China will only escalate no matter who is in charge. For people who live in the western world a strong America is vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The world is safer because of Trump?

How much do you get paid for this satire?

Safer from north korean missiles - yes
    Safer from isis - yes
    Safer from any other risk - no
    More in danger from any risk - no

The rise of radical political groups left and right causing issues is one of the most media talked about things, but we had the same under obama with the occupy movement etc... so its nothing new.

Safer from north korean missiles - yes
    Safer from isis - yes
    Safer from any other risk - no
    More in danger from any risk - no

Isis was a strategy that was ongoing from before his presidency iirc. North Korea blew up a shared facility only a month back so there's no real indication that there's been any real deescalation.

In addition to that, he escalated a situation with Iran and wrecked relations with Iraq in the process.

• Advertisement

Eh, domestically he has managed to be entirely divisive. During a pandemic he has managed to politicise wearing masks. Has gone against state wishes in relation to Floyd protests and has managed to escalate situations. When a woman was killed by a White supremacist in Charlottesville, he said there was good people even on the white supremacist side. He has treated the press as an enemy of the people resulting in them being targeted by terrorists.

So he has terrible domestically as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What? This is news to me. Have you got any further information on that please.

The Biden videos weren't slowed down. That's just how he moves. He will be 80 in 2 years

(No more links to unfunny female comedians )

There you go, there's the court documents

https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf

also to note that Trump has history of paying off accusers and if they don't accept a pay off then intimidating them, like what Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels, testified and alleged respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

If you think things are bad in the US now, they will be absolutely chaotic when a dementia ridden senile old fool is in charge, keep an eye out on who Biden picks as his VP, because that's the next president of the US.

If you think things are bad in the US now, they will be absolutely chaotic when a dementia ridden senile old fool is in charge, keep an eye out on who Biden picks as his VP, because that's the next president of the US.

Still nobody has provided any credible proof of him having dementia. It's basically like the efforts to claim Clinton was dying. (that predated her fainting) Meanwhile Trump uses the presidency for his ego, says ridiculous things all the time and it seems to be ignored by supporters. He also seems to be incredibly poorly informed on everything. But that's not worrying?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You know that we hear people calling Trump a dictator, time and time again.

where do you hear this?

• Advertisement

Having a president that doesn't pour oil on every fire they come across would be a vast improvement

Who has dementia? Can you personal verify this? Have you a medical qualification to make this prognosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

How will Biden make things more chaotic?

He will listen to the scientists and doctors, he won’t surround himself with lying sociopaths.
    He will take responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Trumps behaviours are worringly akin to a dictator. He doesn't listen to reason around him or advice from the experts. The only people he listens to are business friends, Ivanka and the two sons. Also people in the media that are nice to him.

Biden will listen to advisors and experts and make informed decisions off the back of that like any normal president. That in itself is a vast improvement.

This is an abnormal presidency with a narcissistic man child in power.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Trumps behaviours are worringly akin to a dictator. He doesn't listen to reason around him or advice from the experts. The only people he listens to are business friends, Ivanka and the two sons. Also people in the media that are nice to him.

Biden will listen to advisors and experts and make informed decisions off the back of that like any normal president. That in itself is a vast improvement.

This is an abnormal presidency with a narcissistic man child in power.

Biden won't be running the country. The democratic party will . You will hear very little from him. He is more likely to be having nap time in a quiet room in the White House. Otherwise he will be sitting with a blanket over his lap and a nice cup of bovril on the go

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The current old fool was advising people to inject themselves with disinfectant so it's odd to see his defenders here pretend to care about cognitive ability when it's clearly no problem for them.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Biden won't be running the country. The democratic party will . You will hear very little from him. He is more likely to be having nap time in a quiet room in the White House. Otherwise he will be sitting with a blanket over his lap and a nice cup of bovril on the go

do you not tire of posting the same nonsense on a loop?

I notice you haven't responded to the court documents that I posted, willful ignorance?

do you not tire of posting the same nonsense on a loop?

https://www.oann.com/joe-biden-preparing-to-announce-running-mate/

I hope its Elizabeth Warren. But it has been suggested his VP running mate should be a black woman.

• Advertisement

I hope its Elizabeth Warren. But it has been suggested his VP running mate should be a black woman.

Still not reading them documents? Seems you're up to your old tricks of ignoring a reply that refutes or claim or else attacking the source

Why are you ignoring the court documents?

duploelabs wrote: »
    I notice you haven't responded to the court documents that I posted, willful ignorance?

it was clear they were never interested in them

what does have to do with your continued posting of the sleepy joe nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

da_miser wrote: »
    Harris to be VP

Dems do not want a debate , will show Joes is senile.
    Watch as all is done to avoid a debate.
    Biden to quit after a year or 2 at best,
    Harris to be president and Buttigieg will be VP

Pray Trump wins as alternative is..........

He had zero trouble debating in the primaries.

Trump is just going to talk/shout over him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I agree with the O.P. for the most part. Trump could cure all world sickness, eradicate world poverty and give 1 billion dollars to every American but the wacky people on the left/democrats would still ''protest'' and moan. In any case, Trump will get re-elected. His opposition is someone who is seemingly at the early stages of dementia and who wouldn't be able to hang with Trump in a live TV debate in any case. Also, the silent majority have seen what America would be like under Biden if all these ''protests'' in democrat run cities is anything to go by.

And the same tired lines get trotted out yet again.

Accuse Biden of "early stages of dementia" while ignoring Trumps issues and visits to hospitals, Claim Biden wouldnt be able for live debates while ignoring the fact that its the Republicans saying Trump shouldn't do live debates unless he gets to control the venues and the narrative of said debates.

He already is in charge, thats why its important for the American people to vote him out come November.

And the same tired lines get trotted out yet again.

Accuse Biden of "early stages of dementia" while ignoring Trumps issues and visits to hospitals, Claim Biden wouldnt be able for live debates while ignoring the fact that its the Republicans saying Trump shouldn't do live debates unless he gets to control the venues and the narrative of said debates.

Even the ridiculously biased CNN (Clinton News Network) are running the Biden shouldn't debate Trump story

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/08/01/should-biden-debate-trump.cnn

Biden has hid away from day one and will continue to do so. Such a weak candidate

And here qe have a prime example of yet another idiotic post making the same idiotic claims, it's getting boring now lads, if that's the best you have then it just goes to show how much trouble Trumps presidency is in.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »

Poster has a habit of demanding proof and not reading it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement