Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

What would you accept as proof?

Are you saying that the AP are "liberals"? Why would Trump lie about never calling McCain a loser in his denial?

Proof would be evidence. Taped conversation etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It’s amazing the things Trump support want proof in court over yet are happy tell us all about Bidens declining health, suddenly then the burden and level of proof goes out the window.

You've said multiple times that you're not a Trump supporter but leap to his defence constantly. The quotes are entirely credible and there's no indication they were made up.

Can't stand Trump or Biden. Two idiots, but if you think the quotes are credible coming up to an election without evidence then fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Can't stand Trump or Biden. Two idiots, but if you think the quotes are credible coming up to an election without evidence then fair enough
    Why aren't they credible?

Why aren't they credible?

Have a think about that.

• Advertisement

JKnoxer wrote: »
    Oh,Like joe who does his speeches from empty warehouses?

With no questions

Have a think about that.
    Maybe you could just lay out exactly what you mean.

James LaPorta is an AP reporter who verified the story with officials in the Department of Defence. The original Atlantic article says they had multiple sources with first hand knowledge of what Trump said. The Washington Post is now also running the story. Whose credibility is it you're questioning, exactly? The sources? The news outlets/magazines?

Have a think about that.

Highly reputable publication and it's backed up by the AP. They're entirely credible quotes and have been verified. It's also worth noting that a large proportion of quotes that end up in newspapers/magazines do not have a recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

With no questions

Didn't one of you post a link to this earlier? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZrpgR9dm4

Biden giving a speech in a church to a bunch of people then taking questions? Just wondering maybe you need new talking points. If tyou've got the nerve, watch the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Of course he said these things. It's who he is. There's actual video of him calling John McCain a loser and he's even trying to deny that. The irony of a draft dodger saying these things!

• Advertisement

Highly reputable publication and it's backed up by the AP. They're entirely credible quotes and have been verified. It's also worth noting that a large proportion of quotes that end up in newspapers/magazines do not have a recording.

No recording means no evidence.

It's the run in to the election. Do the maths.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Didn't one of you post a link to this earlier? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZrpgR9dm4

Biden giving a speech in a church to a bunch of people then taking questions? Just wondering maybe you need new talking points. If tyou've got the nerve, watch the whole thing.

What's "one of you"? My opinions are my opinions

So the department of defense are lying?

How about you just explain what you mean?

Are you saying that this is a conspiracy between multiple media companies and sources within the Trump administration to get a damaging story out to affect the election? That it is entirely untrue and without basis? Who has orchestrated this conspiracy? Not Biden since he's incapable, obviously.

Since that's your position......why did Trump lie about calling McCain a loser in his denial?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So evidence is only worthy if it's recorded, so corroborating stories don't count a factual evidence?

You must be an excellent barrister

duploelabs wrote: »
    So evidence is only worthy if it's recorded, so corroborating stories don't count a factual evidence?

You must be an excellent barrister

He's going to hate it when he finds out that court cases use corroborating stores and first hand accounts as evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The great thing about all of this is Trump supporters like yourself know he would have said those things. It’s what you like about Trump, the fact that he “tells it like it is”. They know this is bad, so they’ll play it down and pretend it didn’t happen but it’s how he talks about everything.

Of course Trump thinks the military are suckers and losers. He thinks that about everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

The grasping at straws meme would suit your post perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I think you don't understand how journalism works. That's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The great thing about all of this is Trump supporters like yourself know he would have said those things. It’s what you like about Trump, the fact that he “tells it like it is”. They know this is bad, so they’ll play it down and pretend it didn’t happen but it’s how he talks about everything.

I was going to ask the question here to the Trump supporters about whether it'd change their opinion of him if (hypothetically) he did in fact say those things.

Then I realised they'd either say it would, then if it was proven he did say those things they'd backtrack or come up with some other excuse or "It's not as important as (insert whatever here)", or it wouldn't change their opinion of him in the first place.

That's the hateful thing about where the state of politics is now in America, something like this, simply wouldn't matter to most of his supporters.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Of course Trump thinks the military are suckers and losers. He thinks that about everyone!

As iv'e pointed out in previous posts Trump's an idiot. How does that make me a supporter of him?

Please back up your post with some sort of semblance of reason.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

They can write whatever they want but Trump and his supporters (myself included) aren't going to believe that fake news article.

We'll have to wait for the polls from military voters to see if it's had any impact on their choice for president.

They can write whatever they want but Trump and his supporters (myself included) aren't going to believe that fake news article.

We'll have to wait for the polls from military voters to see if it's had any impact on their choice for president.

Do you deny he called John McCain a loser?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What makes it 'fake news'?

Because you don't believe the source?

Because it doesn't fit with your preconceived values?

Or a different reason?

which is it?

Although i don't support Trump he has done a lot of good for Americans also and i respect your point of view on him. Well done for sticking to your guns.

Why is it fake news?

What do you know that we don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Or a different reason?

which is it?

I don't believe the sources, plenty of people out there that hate Trump and don't want to see him get re-elected so there's plenty of motivation out there for "sources" to come up with some fake allegations.

Also the owner of the Atlantic has previously donated to the Democratic party including to Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama so there's a bit of bias there already.

Politically, Bradley considers himself a centrist. He has contributed to the Democratic Party.[1] In the 2008 U.S. presidential primaries he donated $104,300 to Hillary Clinton and $102,300 to Barack Obama and $69,000 to Mitt Romney

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_G._Bradley#:~:text=Bradley%20(born%201953)%20is%20the,The%20Hotline%2C%20and%20Government%20Executive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Although i don't support Trump he has done a lot of good for Americans also and i respect your point of view on him. Well done for sticking to your guns.

Usually the lists of the good he's done include economic things no longer true, said lists tend to ignore 2020. Can you enumerate what he's done, and why it's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Or a different reason?

which is it?

Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder haven't confirmed the story yet, but I'm sure their teams of indepenent, experienced, unbiased journalists and researchers are chasing down sources and corroboration as we speak.

• Advertisement

Gerry boy. I don't think calculus or trigonometry is going to get you out of this one!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement