Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I don't believe the sources, plenty of people out there that hate Trump and don't want to see him get re-elected so there's plenty of motivation out there for "sources" to come up with some fake allegations.

Also the owner of the Atlantic has previously donated to the Democratic party including to Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama so there's a bit of bias there already.

Politically, Bradley considers himself a centrist. He has contributed to the Democratic Party.[1] In the 2008 U.S. presidential primaries he donated $104,300 to Hillary Clinton and $102,300 to Barack Obama and $69,000 to Mitt Romney

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_G._Bradley#:~:text=Bradley%20(born%201953)%20is%20the,The%20Hotline%2C%20and%20Government%20Executive.
    Why has Trump lied about calling McCain a loser in his denials?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Do you deny he called John McCain a loser?

There's no denying that.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/622522682245033984?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I don't believe the sources, plenty of people out there that hate Trump and don't want to see him get re-elected so there's plenty of motivation out there for "sources" to come up with some fake allegations.

Also the owner of the Atlantic has previously donated to the Democratic party including to Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama so there's a bit of bias there already.

Politically, Bradley considers himself a centrist. He has contributed to the Democratic Party.[1] In the 2008 U.S. presidential primaries he donated $104,300 to Hillary Clinton and $102,300 to Barack Obama and $69,000 to Mitt Romney

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_G._Bradley#:~:text=Bradley%20(born%201953)%20is%20the,The%20Hotline%2C%20and%20Government%20Executive.

Is Mitt Romney not a Republican?

So you trust Trump in his denial, even though parts of that denial are demonstrably lies?

Why?

Why is it fake news?

What do you know that we don't?

The majority of the article is from "sources" that I'm not going to believe hence it is fake news.

I haven't claimed to know anything that you don't I'm choosing not to believe that fake news article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump denied it last night "Also, I never called John a loser". Why are you defending him when his defense includes a verifiable lie? Why do you trust everything else he said?

The majority of the article is from "sources" that I'm not going to believe hence it is fake news.

I haven't claimed to know anything that you don't I'm choosing not to believe that fake news article.

You choosing to not believe something doesn’t make it fake news it just means you have decided not to believe it, that doesn’t make it less true.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The AP have confirmed that the article is correct. are they lying as well?

So you trust Trump in his denial, even though parts of that denial are demonstrably lies?

Why?

Parts of his denial can be proven to be untrue with his own tweets and there's also a video of it.

But the rest of the article is a fake news hit piece and the MSM are trying to make the article believable by throwing in a small bit of truth.

salmocab wrote: »
    Is Mitt Romney not a Republican?

Yes hence my use of the word "a bit" of bias not completely biased.

• Advertisement

Parts of his denial can be proven to be untrue with his own tweets and there's also a video of it.

But the rest of the article is a fake news hit piece and the MSM are trying to make the article believable by throwing in a small bit of truth.

so he is lying about part of his denial but you still trust the rest of what he says?

salmocab wrote: »
    You choosing to not believe something doesn’t make it fake news it just means you have decided not to believe it, that doesn’t make it less true.

Same can be said for you believing it to be true just because you believe that it's true doesn't make it the truth!

His fanboys are very blinkered.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

James LaPorta is an AP reporter who verified the story with officials in the Department of Defence. Highly reputable reporter who is a former marine infantry man. Bio here. https://muckrack.com/james-laporta

Do you think the former marine is lying?

so he is lying about part of his denial but you still trust the rest of what he says?

His denial that he called John McCain a loser (even though he demonstrably did) adds even more credence to the rest of the story being true to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump denied it last night "Also, I never called John a loser". Why are you defending him when his defense includes a verifiable lie? Why do you trust everything else he said?

That's quite a desperate tweet. Trump knows well that this is true and that it will hurt.

What's that bit about swearing though?

Is he saying that he'll swear on a bible or something that he never called John McCain a loser?

Why would Trump lie in his denial?

If you're accused of robbing cash from a shop, and you claim that you've never been to the shop....and then photos emerge of you being there at the time of the crime.....does that not make your entire denial suspect?

Why the need to lie?

Yeah pretty much, fairly certain that everyone has lied at some point throughout their life he's only human after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

His fanboys are very blinkered.

They are. As are Biden's fan boys and girls.

Same can be said for you believing it to be true just because you believe that it's true doesn't make it the truth!

On balance though given everything it’s more likely to be true, I’ve weighed up the likelihood given what we know but you’ve stuck your fingers in your ears.

• Advertisement

It's being reported by multiple news outlets based on first hand knowledge. Believing there's credence to it is not the same as dismissing it as #fakenews

Yeah pretty much, fairly certain that everyone has lied at some point throughout their life he's only human after all.
    It's not an unrelated lie. It's literally part of his denial to the story.

so you believe somebody who is lying as they are talking to you? there is a special name for that.

They are. As are Biden's fan boys and girls.

If you actually read this thread there are very few if any "Biden fan boys and girls" in here. Nobody going to massive lengths to defend him or claim he is brilliant unlike those who are on the Trump train.

ollkiller wrote: »
    James LaPorta is an AP reporter who verified the story with officials in the Department of Defence. Highly reputable reporter who is a former marine infantry man. Bio here. https://muckrack.com/james-laporta

Do you think the former marine is lying?

I don't necessarily think he's lying if he genuinely believes the sources of the information he is just believing that fake news is true.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

But you believe your YouTube guys who also use "sources"?

So it's not the use of sources you have an issue with , just the fact that the story they tell doesn't align with your world-view.

Bad News isn't Fake News despite what Trump thinks - Most of the time , it's just bad news (or maybe just unflattering)

Has there been a single negative story about Trump that he hasn't called "fake news" ???

If we were to believe the stance he takes , he has never made an error , never misspoke , never made a wrong choice , nothing.

Just absolute unfiltered perfection , all day every day for his entire life.

That is simply impossible - EVERYBODY makes mistakes , mostly small things , but sometimes Big things. We've all done it and will continue to do it.

But for Donald Trump , everything negative that happens in his world is either "FAKE NEWS" or it was someone elses fault and he bears absolutely no responsibility for it.

Here's a little task for anyone interested.

Try and find a quote (an audio recording for Gerry) of Trump accepting responsibility for something bad that he was involved in.

Doesn't have to be during his time as President , anytime in his career will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I don't necessarily think he's lying if he genuinely believes the sources of the information he is just believing that fake news is true.

Eh? He wrote the article. So, what's this fake news he's believing? You realize there's no such thing as fake news, right?

When his denial contains a verifiable, clear and blatant lie, then the whole denial is suspect and "fake".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

It's being reported by multiple news outlets based on first hand knowledge. Believing there's credence to it is not the same as dismissing it as #fakenews

Problem is it's the same news organisations that have been telling Americans for almost 4 years now all types of fake news about Trump. Sooner or later people just switch off when there is no proof, which there isn't here.

Trump won't lose a single vote over this in fact it will if anything encourage his base as it will be seen as just another attack without substance.

• Advertisement

Problem is it's the same news organisations that have been telling Americans for almost 4 years now all types of fake news about Trump. Sooner or later people just switch off when there is no proof, which there isn't here.

Trump won't lose a single vote over this in fact it will if anything encourage his base as it will be seen as just another attack without substance.

are the AP fake news?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement