Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I haven't really been reading this thread..

Dude, you'll give yourself a hernia..

so your opinion is based on ignorance. that makes sense at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So not the worst despite the incredible amount of movement and commerce that takes place there.

So when, which based on the daily death rates, it becomes the worst, is that the time you will accept that Trump has made a mess of it?

Because remember, he said they were doing a great job when there was only a few deaths. He said they were doing great with less than a few thousand deaths.

Is there a point that you will accept that Trump is not doing a good job?

It's a projection nothing more.

Why would I be in favour of a high death rate? You've lost me there.

it is a very simple projection to make. 1000+ deaths a day and no sign of that coming down. do you not think trump should be something to reduce that number? is that not his job? I cant remember the last time he even mentioned covid. he wants to forget about it and hope it goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

It's a projection nothing more.

Why would I be in favour of a high death rate? You've lost me there.
    Given that you claim to not like Trump yet all I have seen here is you defending him to the hilt, what is it about him that makes you dislike him in terms of personality and/or policy and/or achievements in office?

so your opinion is based on ignorance. that makes sense at least.

Yes, well, I sometimes have better things to be doing than laughing at idiots getting worked up about politics in the US..

• Advertisement

Yes, well, I sometimes have better things to be doing than laughing at idiots getting worked up about politics in the US..

so you're a bit bored this morning and thought you might try to get a rise out of people, is that it?

so you're a bit bored this morning and thought you might try to get a rise out of people, is that it?

Kind of..yeah..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So when, which based on the daily death rates, it becomes the worst, is that the time you will accept that Trump has made a mess of it?

Because remember, he said they were doing a great job when there was only a few deaths. He said they were doing great with less than a few thousand deaths.

Is there a point that you will accept that Trump is not doing a good job?

I base my opinions on actual reality not projections. If that day comes let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So not the worst despite the incredible amount of movement and commerce that takes place there.

At best, they're the 10th worst out of 200. You can try spinning that till you get dizzy but for a developed nation to be performing worse than 95% of countries is píss-poor performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nobody claimed it was the worst, your defending against something that wasn’t claimed. Being not quite the worst isn’t something to aspire to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

WrenBoy wrote: »
    No, she definitely did, I remember that alright.

She went to Chinatown in SF on the 24th February at a time when there were 53 confirmed cases in the US in total. Chinatown is in her election district and she represents the people living there in Congress. She lives very nearby to it. She went on a walkabout there when there was an uncertainly and fear about Covid etc to show support to local businesses. I'm not seeing the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I base my opinions on actual reality not projections. If that day comes let's see.

But you can only have an opinion on something after it actually happens? Really?

the reality is that 1000+ a day are dying and trump is not even mentioning covid let alone doing something about it.

Trump and his administration has consistently projected total deaths and the reality has been far far worse. Even by that measure alone based on his own projections, the response has been disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kind of..yeah..

Mod

Stay out of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump and his administration has consistently projected total deaths and the reality has been far far worse. Even by that measure alone based on his own projections, the response has been disastrous.

Sure but not the worst

Sure but not the worst

not yet. but they are getting there very quickly. should trump wait until they are the worst before doing something?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    She went to Chinatown in SF on the 24th February at a time when there were 53 confirmed cases in the US in total. Chinatown is in her election district and she represents the people living there in Congress. She lives very nearby to it. She went on a walkabout there when there was an uncertainly and fear about Covid etc to show support to local businesses. I'm not seeing the issue here.

I too am curious. What exactly was controversial about this?

We were still going out on the piss in packed pubs and licking door-handles at that point. Our lockdown wasn't until near the end of March.

We were still going out on the piss in packed pubs and licking door-handles at that point. Our lockdown wasn't until near the end of March.

trump is still holding rallies and we are supposed to be concerned about something that pelosi did in February.

Sure but not the worst

Who is saying that? You're arguing against a point that nobody is making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Simples. Nancy Pelosi does something. Mainstream media (Fox) freaks out. Repeat. Right wing sheep chime in. Nothing controversial about her trip to Chinatown nor the haircut gate, but it's Pelosi and bashing Pelosi is a big-time mainstream media (Fox) pastime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Think thats more a you thing..:pac:

Think thats more a you thing..:pac:

We were all at it. No point hiding it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

not yet. but they are getting there very quickly. should trump wait until they are the worst before doing something?

There's a prize for being worst. Why else pursue it?

Sure but not the worst

San Marino is the worst in deaths per million population metric. Is that the measure? At least its not as bad as San Marino the microstate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Igotadose wrote: »
    Simples. Nancy Pelosi does something. Mainstream media (Fox) freaks out. Repeat. Right wing sheep chime in. Nothing controversial about her trip to Chinatown nor the haircut gate, but it's Pelosi and bashing Pelosi is a big-time mainstream media (Fox) pastime.

We had a day full of people upset on here because Trump said a guy was a business owner of a burnt out building when he was the property owner(a different business)of the burnt out building. So to ascribe that to one side is a bit non-sensical.

Igotadose wrote: »

In fairness she shouldn't have gone for the hair do. While indoor salons can open in California they are still restricted locally in San Francisco. Poor judgment on her part.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The numbers are in on "The Trump Economy" and it does NOT look good.

The IRS just released the low level details for 2018 on the economy and the information in to really blows a hole in a lot of the "Greatest Economy in the world" rhetoric.

57% of American households make less that 50k a year and their take home pay decreased by $307 in 2018 when compared to 2016.

So , nearly two thirds of Americans are worse off under Trump then they were under Obama.

The wealthy though , they made out like Bandits!!

Compare 2 categories of people

Those that earning between $50k and $100k and those that earn from $500k to $1M

On Average , those in the higher income group earn nine times as much as those in the lower group.

The lower group saw their taxes decrease by an average of $148 for the year , the higher income group saw their taxes decrease by $17,800 - Which is 125 times more than the lower group!

Another little factoid

"The number of households making $1 million or more but paying no income taxes soared 41% under the new Trump tax law. Under Obama, there were just 394 such households. With Trump, this grew to 556 households making on average $3.5 million without contributing one cent to our government."

Champion of the little guy my arse.

We had a day full of people upset on here because Trump said a guy was a business owner of a burnt out building when he was the property owner(a different business)of the burnt out building. So to ascribe that to one side is a bit non-sensical.

I found two post on it. Are you sure it wasn't a dream or something? Or maybe you imagined it? Or are you mixing up what's real with what you would like to be real?

EDIT: As if to prove my point to CQD earlier, I see that there's a thank on your post despite it being false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

They can write whatever they want but Trump and his supporters (myself included) aren't going to believe that fake news article.

We'll have to wait for the polls from military voters to see if it's had any impact on their choice for president.

From conservatives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement