Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Again, what is it that you dislike about Trump?

Check my previous posts if you please. I'm not going to keep explaining myself.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

You've not explained yourself once on this, hence my asking. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to come over as being even somewhat credible here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You've not explained yourself once on this, hence my asking. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to come over as being even somewhat credible here.

Mod

Id tend to agree. Either stop being cryptic and put a little more into your posts, or stop posting in this thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Your earlier posts were you arguing against a point that nobody made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

So Biden screening participants and those looking to ask questions are being given scripts of pre-prepared questions etc Christ!!

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1301607488270336000

• Advertisement

So Biden screening participants and those looking to ask questions are being given scripts of pre-prepared questions etc Christ!!

Why does it cut away before we can get the context?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why does it cut away before we can get the context?

I dare any of the #IMPOTUS supporters here to sit through the whole thing. The #IMPOTUS 'rapid response director' selectively editing a line someone speaks... yah, right, nothing to hide there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Danzy wrote: »
    Money isn't everything, it's important but materialism isn't the sole driver and often not the main one.

It's also like the Tories winning over Labour in Britain, not because they were fully on board but Labour were a bigger threat, on many issues.

Add in that they had a horrendous attitude problem with so many of their own base.

Yet so many in Labour are stunned and still don't understand, often using that most toxic and self defeating concept in the left- false Consciousness, to explain it.

I get the point you are making to an extent in the context of "Conservative values" like Gay Marriage & Abortion but the damage done to them goes far beyond mere "Materialism".

It's not like were saying they are forgoing a second holiday or a newer car on a point of Principal or Morals.

They are less educated , have shorter life-spans and are more likely to have ill-health than their counterparts in Democrat led states.

Republican policies are literally killing them.

Yet the refrain is that "Things will be worse under Democrats"?

To some extent it highlights yet another weakness of the two party system in the US.

If you agree with the "social conservatism" angle from the GOP you have to vote for them , even if voting for them means less money in your pocket , less money spent on Education or Health care etc.

The inverse is also true for a lot of Democrat voters.

Politically , there should be at least 3 or 4 Major parties in the US
    • Tea-Party/Ultra Conservative Party
    • Centrist "Fiscal Conservative Party
    • Centrist Social Democrat Party
    • Left Wing Party

The GOP has been utterly consumed by the hard right side of the party , so it's very hard for the more more centrist conservatives , equally , although to a much lesser extent the Democrat party are drifting further left (relatively speaking in US terms) again making it hard for those Centrist types to get fully onboard.

There's a whole lot of disenfranchised voters out there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Setting aside the intersting editing.

The story has already been debunked - She was given a question to ask by the organisation she was representing on the day - A BLM affiliated local group. She decided instead to ask her own question or actually just to give her own opinion.

She was not given questions by the Biden team.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

The story has already been debunked - She was given a question to ask by the organisation she was representing on the day - A BLM affiliated local group. She decided instead to ask her own question or actually just to give her own opinion.

For context (source):
    “I’m just going to be honest, Mr. Biden,” Bennett began. “I was told to go off this paper but I can’t. You need the truth and I’m part of the truth.”

“Sure,” Biden replied.

“I have to give you the truth of the people,” Bennett continued. “And the truth of the matter is, we are heavily angry. Not angry as to where people say, ‘Oh, they’re protesting.’ There’s a difference between a protester and a rioter, a very big difference. We protest to get our voices heard. We protest to show that not just Blacks are tired of what’s going on.”

“The changes that we want have to be more in effect,” she said. “We have yet to see action. And I was always raised to go off action and not words.”

According to Bennett, the community is demanding to “hold these officers accountable to the same crimes that we are held accountable to.”

“If I was that officer, I would be under Kenosha County Jail right now,” she asserted. “If a medical examiner does their job and says, I’m ruling it homicide, that’s murder. Why are they not being done the same exact way that me or my brother and sisters out here in this world are being treated?”

“I’m only 31 and I’ve seen enough,” Bennett remarked. “It’s not what a lot of people think it is for us. We want the same exact rights as others. We want to be treated just like everyone else.”

Why is it always deception with you people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quin_Dub wrote: »

So, she met with Biden who was out in public in a group of people discussing and answering questions about various topics including Kenosha and the recent spate of violence. Hmm... So, Biden meets with people and answers questions.

Glad that's cleared up /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's nonsense as posted above but if you watch the actual video and not a 15 second clip that woman makes very powerful points about racial discrimination in her community and she thanks Biden at the end for actually coming to listen to her and people like her who experience discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Love these posts, you have nothing on Biden so you resort to posting lies. Just means he's winning :)

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, she met with Biden who was out in public in a group of people discussing and answering questions about various topics including Kenosha and the recent spate of violence. Hmm... So, Biden meets with people and answers questions.

Glad that's cleared up /sarcasm

Indeed - When was the last time Trump spoke with actual voters in a town-hall type setting??

Not a rally where he bellows from a stage , but where he sits with actual real people and listens to what they have to say?

You know , the stuff that has been the bread and butter of politicians since forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You are being fed bullsh!t and you are blindly swallowing it.

osarusan wrote: »
    You are being fed bullsh!t and you are blindly swallowing it.

Which wouldn't be so bad were it not for the compulsion to then spread it around in the hope of duping others.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

namloc1980 wrote: »

Id love to see a what if every other news network covered obama like they do trump , it would be borderline hate crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Id love to see a what if every other news network covered obama like they do trump , it would be borderline hate crimes.

Thankfully, there are 8 years of evidence of Obama in power and 4 of Trump in power so we can all see exactly why Trump is being treated as he is and why Obama wasn't.

This is his sh*tstorm, he has to own it.

Obama would need to first repeatedly lie every day about almost everything. He'd also need to have millions of dollars worth of foreign interests with an adversarial nation and lie about not having any business dealings with them. He'd probably also need to commit some campaign finance violations. Maybe take Putin's side over the US while we're at it.

I'm not arsed adding more because the list is long but Trump gets the media scrutiny that one might expect with a POS of a POTUS.

Your wasting your time with this crew. They are worse than Trump fan boys and girls. The leader can do no wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As iv'e pointed out in previous posts Trump's an idiot. How does that make me a supporter of him?

Please back up your post with some sort of semblance of reason.

Thanks in advance.

A reasoned analysis of your posts across multiple threads indicates that you support a Trump victory and what it represents. The caveat of 'I don't actually like Trump' is irrelevant when the 'but' follows every time.

I'm interested as to why this is a thing by the way - the 'I'm not a Trump supporter' guys who flood social media with Trump support. It's a curious quirk.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A reasoned analysis of your posts across multiple threads indicates that you support a Trump victory and what it represents. The caveat of 'I don't actually like Trump' is irrelevant when the 'but' follows every time.

I'm interested as to why this is a thing by the way - the 'I'm not a Trump supporter' guys who flood social media with Trump support. It's a curious quirk.

No idea. Ask a Trump supporter.

Find one quote from me that's expresses support for Trump. You need to be able to understand its possible say both candidates are flawed. That's the problem with guys like you, it's impossible for you to see grey. Everything is black or white. It's actually people like yourself that have society so divided.

Find one quote from me that's expresses support for Trump. You need to be able to understand its possible say both candidates are flawed. That's the problem with guys like you, it's impossible for you to see grey. Everything is black or white. It's actually people like yourself that have society so divided.

You're not fooling anyone. Even the Trump supporters here don't believe you.

You're not fooling anyone. Even the Trump supporters here don't believe you.

Okie Dokie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you're not a trump supporter you just trot out the same talking points as trump supporters. Do i have that right?

You are only on Boards a month, given the time we are in, and that the election is in 2 months, anyone so eager to take part in the discussion in the manner you have done, is either a Trump supporter, or someone who rates Trump more highly than they do Biden.

I don't care what you 'identify' as, you are far from being impartial or on the fence here.

Looks like he feels he is losing the military.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1301874647940636672

Unsurprising given how he views them, allowing Russia to put bounties on them, calling those who pay the ultimate price losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The Trump administration has apparently ordered Star's and Stripes military magazine, in publication since at lead the Civil War - https://theweek.com/speedreads/935882/trump-administration-reportedly-orders-military-newspaper-stars-stripes-shut-down

I'm sure everyone has put 2+2 together already, but yes of course this magazine reported on Trumps comments about the soldiers he allows the ordered assassinations of by Russia being "losers" for it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looks like he feels he is losing the military.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1301874647940636672

Unsurprising given how he views them, allowing Russia to put bounties on them, calling those who pay the ultimate price losers.

This isn't new info as Trump has wanted to eliminate it for some time but it's just another indication how how much disdain he has for the military. The paper was first published during the Civil War in 1861 and costs $15.5m to subsidise annually which is 0.002% of the DOD budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

We've had several banned posters who caveat their trump support with 'I'm not a trump supporter but...'

Reminds of the line from game of thrones by Eddard Stark that goes something like 'if there's a but in a sentence, everything that precedes it is bullsh!t'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement