Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So only Biden or Trump supporters can post in this thread? Outside opinions don't count and automatically file you into one side of the 2 way horse race.

Gotta!

Not at all, but if someone is coming with outside opinions, you would expect them to offer negative and positive opinions of both sides.

If all their negative opinions are of one side, what then are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Not if you debate in good faith I'd imagine.

Debating by saying "I'm not a Trump Supporter.. but"

And then proceeding to post endlessly about how bad Biden is without ever being willing to either admit to supporting Trump or to provide any objective insight isn't good faith debating.

There are several other people that post here in vociferous support of Trump . Lots of people disagree with them , but they post in good faith.

That particular style of posting is not far removed from a similar style of posting couched as

"I'm not a racist but...." or "I've nothing against Travelers, but....."

And then proceeding to launch into endless screeds about foreign nationals or travelers.

Own your opinions , don't hide behind silly veils.

Completely agree. Just seems odd the ban comes hot of the wheels of numerous poster demanding the poster says he is a Trump supporter, to which he claimed he was not. Accept it, move on..........and call him up on any issue where he is blatantly wrong. You can believe both are not fit for office......but you can believe one is less fit than the other. Doesn't mean you have to nail your to the mast as a "supporter" of one.

Too many emotions getting riled up here, when they don't hear what they want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Not at all, but if someone is coming with outside opinions, you would expect them to offer negative and positive opinions of both sides.

If all their negative opinions are of one side, what then are they?

I've read said poster call Trump an idiot. If he's far more critical of Biden, then so what. Doesn't mean he's a Trump supporter. He can simply think Biden is much more of a poor candidate. Doesn't mean he's right........doesn't mean he's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So only Biden or Trump supporters can post in this thread? Outside opinions don't count and automatically file you into one side of the 2 way horse race.

Gotta!

Mod

Mod actions aren't up for discussion here. If you have an issue pm me. Discuss the previous action again or respond to this instruction, and your posting privileges will be removed.

People are free to post in this thread once they follow the rules, whatever leanings they have politically.

Completely agree. Just seems odd the ban comes hot of the wheels of numerous poster demanding the poster says he is a Trump supporter, to which he claimed he was not. Accept it, move on..........and call him up on any issue where he is blatantly wrong. You can believe both are not fit for office......but you can believe one is less fit than the other. Doesn't mean you have to nail your to the mast as a "supporter" of one.

Too many emotions getting riled up here, when they don't hear what they want to hear.

Because frequently people try to use the 'Oh you're all just anti-Trump here' card to counter people feeling his actions, behaviour and manner are unacceptable.

Is it not acceptable to ask someone who implies that this is a theme on the thread to explain why people shouldn't have a problem in this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Get back on topic folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Biden: “The words of a president matter. Even a lousy president.”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

At his presser Biden got a fairly nuanced question on Kosovo Serbia economic deal that was just announced and wider implications for Israel and Palestine relations. Didn't miss a beat in his answer and showed has extensive foreign affairs knowledge. Kinda blew a hole in the dementia narrative again. A few days ago Trump was asked a binary question on whether police officers should wear bodycams or not. He couldn't offer any answer at all.

His son served in the military so you could see he's quite angry but restrained today. He even said as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Biden: “The words of a president matter. Even a lousy president.”

It must be quite hard for Biden to actually respond to a lot of that stuff that Trump says. Purely because it is so idiotic. It must be like being asked to criticise a small child with learning disabilities. You'd be unsure as to what to actually say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It must be quite hard for Biden to actually respond to a lot of that stuff that Trump says. Purely because it is so idiotic. It must be like being asked to criticise a small child with learning disabilities. You'd be unsure as to what to actually say.

I can’t wait for the debates it’s going to be excellent TV. I don’t think Trump will be able to shout Biden down like he did with Hillary so he may flounder. I’m not sure how much of an effect it’ll have on the election though, as usual both sides will claim a victory.

I wonder how are they preparing Biden for the debates.

Surely it would be like a training camp with one person, a tall, domineering type standing in for Trump and coming out with all sorts of slogan type comments and vague statements.

At least I hope they are doing it.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can’t wait for the debates it’s going to be excellent TV. I don’t think Trump will be able to shout Biden down like he did with Hillary so he may flounder. I’m not sure how much of an effect it’ll have on the election though, as usual both sides will claim a victory.

It's going to be interesting. Biden has a history of having a short fuse so he'll need to make sure to control himself. If he has any brains at all he'll just keep fairly quiet, stick to his own agenda and let Trump destroy himself with his own stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Biden has taken the reported Trump comments very personally and could you blame him.

I wonder how are they preparing Biden for the debates.

Surely it would be like a training camp with one person, a tall, domineering type standing in for Trump and coming out with all sorts of slogan type comments and vague statements.

At least I hope they are doing it.

Absolutely they'll have a Trump stand in for Biden to spar with and to come out with whatever they can imagine he'd come up with. They have the 2016 debates as a basis to work on as well the last 4 years of Trumps behaviours and talking points. He should be prepared.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Absolutely they'll have a Trump stand in for Biden to spar with and out with whatever they can imagine he'd come up with. They have the 2016 debates as a basis to work on as well the last 4 years of Trumps behaviours and talking points. He should be prepared.

Yep. Biden has a history for saying stupid things at the wrong moments which is a concern, but when you're up against a blithering idiot like Trump, it should really work in his favour. I hope he's being well prepared - no matter what people say, the optics of the debates can really have an effect on potential voters.

118785356_1570202143150957_4306176807633920368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=3XKtvRhapU0AX_jT2qK&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=55f47bd0c38e03ca20bea00441e97c9a&oe=5F7622AB

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    118785356_1570202143150957_4306176807633920368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=3XKtvRhapU0AX_jT2qK&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=55f47bd0c38e03ca20bea00441e97c9a&oe=5F7622AB

Haha. He said QAnoners should take advantage of mental health in the Affordable Care Act.

So apparently the Serbia Kosovo deal isn't actually a deal at all and Trump signed a letter acknowledging the non deal. What a circus.

• Advertisement

I'm actually sorry that that post was deleted. It bookended their time here perfectly.

Missed it, what was the gist?

Seem the mod order after thanks for the pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So apparently the Serbia Kosovo deal isn't actually a deal at all and Trump signed a letter acknowledging the non deal. What a circus.

Please don’t tell me trump is taking credit for this?

He absolutely is going by his Twitter feed.

1000x-1.jpg

Front and centre. He just had to be seen signing something even though the United States is not party to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lol, does Trump check in every now and again to review progress, or does he chair discussions or did he just throw his name on the page for the photo op.

In fairness anything that helps to progress peace and stability in the Balkans is positive. But he literally signed a piece of paper purely for optics.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Lol, does Trump check in every now and again to review progress, or does he chair discussions or did he just throw his name on the page for the photo op.

Any opportunity for a photo op, Trump is going to take it. This is the Reality TV Presidency, remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

At his presser Biden got a fairly nuanced question on Kosovo Serbia economic deal that was just announced and wider implications for Israel and Palestine relations. Didn't miss a beat in his answer and showed has extensive foreign affairs knowledge. Kinda blew a hole in the dementia narrative again. A few days ago Trump was asked a binary question on whether police officers should wear bodycams or not. He couldn't offer any answer at all.

But...but....Person, woman, man, camera, TV.

He can remember 5 words in a row! IN A ROW!!!

Fox News reporter now also confirming the Trump insulting the military story:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fox News reporter now also confirming the Trump insulting the military story:

Can't wait for the switch to "Really if you think about it, he's actually a patriot for saying those things"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement