Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Penn wrote: »
    Can't wait for the switch to "Really if you think about it, he's actually a patriot for saying those things"

"If I were an American, I would prefer a Commander in Chief who allows and mocks the deaths of American soldiers than one who doesn't. It just shows he's better suited to the role."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Can't wait for the switch to "Really if you think about it, he's actually a patriot for saying those things"

How long do you think it will be? One more day? Two?

This story strikes me as one of those where the press makes the claims, waits for the denials and then releases evidence.

What's funny about this one is that people are denying he would do such a thing when he has already done such things publicly.

It defies reason. To me, this is the weirdest thing about the Trump presidency - the ability of people to believe things from Trump that in other domains they would not. If Trump was just some guy in a pub talking like that, they'd think he was a conman who couldn't be trusted. But now that such a man is POTUS, they believe what he says without question. These are normal, ordinarily rational people but when it comes to Trump, that rationality is suspended.

It's the same shíte that you see in autocracies and cults of personalities throughout history and in far away countries but I never thought that I would be in the same forum as the people enthralled by these types.

It's mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's doing a live presser now and the level of nonsense and lies is quite high, even for him. Making a load of false claims about Biden and how the country is "doing so well".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This press conference is so full of lies and misleading statements. He was asked a question about the poisoning of the Alexei Navalny and what should be done about it but he just went on a rant about China and the virus and that Hillary Clinton would start a war with North Korea. Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He also showed off geographical knowledge and offered some amazing insight when asked a question by an Indian journalist:

"It's really an incredible place, an incredible country. And it is definitely big. It's definitely big."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

1973 [Biden elected]
    2020: NOW I’ll get results!

He almost certainly believes John Kelly to be one of the sources. Trying to destroy his credibility here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1301991095904202756?s=19

Maybe he meant he left a message on her answering machine so she could listen to it when they got back.

Or maybe he's just a f*cking liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Maybe he meant he left a message on her answering machine so she could listen to it when they got back.

Be interesting to see how the performing troupe spin this one icon14.png

• Advertisement

He is. But it will be be credible to the credulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Definitely dementia.

Billy Mays wrote: »

That's really the only reason some of us are here.

Why are they wheeling out this tired geriatric?

It's elder cruelty.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1302001919884513287

Perhaps this angle of attack on Biden was ill advised.

Look who stood in for Trump at the US cemetery at the WWI commemorations at Aisne Marne in 2018 which Trump reportedly refused to attend....John Kelly.

AP18314518658381_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Billy Mays wrote: »

I'll take "link dump like hell and stuff the thread with absolutely anything else to try and push this back a few pages, and after that just pretend it didn't happen" for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i think he's the 1st president not to invade another country, and by all accounts has brokered a peace deal in the ME that his predecessors have failed to do.

perhaps he was alluding to the futility of war, anyone that does that is a loser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Anti Trumpers, clinging onto another big nothing burger.

i think he's the 1st president not to invade another country, and by all accounts has brokered a peace deal in the ME that his predecessors have failed to do.

perhaps he was alluding to the futility of war, anyone that does that is a loser?

Have to say I wasn't expecting the angle to be that it was some sort of philosophical commentary on the futility of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anti Trumpers, clinging onto another big nothing burger.

U OK hun?

• Advertisement

Didn't take long and incorrect in a whole post well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What country did Obama invade?
    You know, the last president.

A peace deal in the Middle East?
    Do you know anything about Palestine or Iran?
    Can you call it a peace deal when countries are getting bombed?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Didn't take long and incorrect in a whole post well done.

i said think so appsolutely am open to correction.

i do believe the reports - he said something similar about john mc cain a few years back.

What country did Obama invade?
    You know, the last president.

A peace deal in the Middle East?
    Do you know anything about Palestine or Iran?
    Can you call it a peace deal when countries are getting bombed?

gaddafi and libya?

re my ME comments, lets perhaps forget those as i think they are incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Trump is such a ****ing stupid idiot. How anyone can support him is beyond me. Consistently more holes in the nonsense he spouts than a fine cheese.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Trump is such a ****ing stupid idiot. How anyone can support him is beyond me. Consistently more holes in the nonsense he spouts than a fine cheese.

i think everyone in this thread agrees.

the question for the american electorate is; is joe more of (to use your words) 'a ****ing stupid idiot'?

i think there is evidence to suggest so.

Why does he insist on backing up Putin?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1302002915217940480

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What peace deal was this?

Why does he insist on backing up Putin?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1302002915217940480

how did he back up putin?

'it tragic its terrible, it shouldn't happen' - everyone feels the same

'we haven't had any proof yet' - do you expect him to condemn russia with no proof?

• Advertisement

What peace deal was this?
    gaddafi and libya?

re my ME comments, lets perhaps forget those as i think they are incorrect.

i heard that trump brokered a peace deal, i thought he might be nominated for a peace prize. i was mistaken.

i need to do more research on the topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement