Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Fox news were always unreliable , i love how many people are holding them up as fact now , the reports shown are still from jennifer griffen, shes always been unashamedly anti trump and it wouldnt shock me for her to just take the atlantic story on its word and run with it.

If the original spurce wasnt the atlantic and the person saying it on fox wasnt griffen id give it credit but for now its 2/10 likely not true

So what news sources are reputable in you opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No. Those claims are not credible.

Do you accept Trump lied when he denied calling McCain a loser? Do you accept Trump lied when he claimed he rang Melania at home even though she was in Paris with him?

Multiple sources have said Biden sexually assaulted Tara Read

But but but Biden.

Truly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If the original spurce wasnt the atlantic and the person saying it on fox wasnt griffen id give it credit but for now its 2/10 likely not true

What basis have you computed those odds from? Have you got instances of the Atlantic and the person on fox being found out to be false in the past?

What would be a reliable source in your view? Even the Vox article posted as a refutation earlier, confirms the reports (albeit, it can be construed as a refutation, which is what the Washington Examiner did, by cherrypicking the Vox article, that Kidc then quoted here.)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Are you saying Obama invaded Libya?

If he did, then Trump invaded Syria

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Do you accept Trump lied when he denied calling McCain a loser? Do you accept Trump lied when he claimed he rang Melania at home even though she was in Paris with him?

I wont write it off but I have not as yet had a chance to fact check it. The short answer to your question is Trump is human, we all lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I wont write it off but I have not as yet had a chance to fact check it. The short answer to your question is Trump is human, we all lie.
    Here is your fact check, from the horses mouth himself: "John McCain is a loser."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/622522682245033984

Will you now accept that Trump did indeed call McCain a loser and lied when he recently claimed he didn't?

If you accept that, isn't it possible that he's also lying in his denials of the things he is reported to have said by the Atlantic, AP and Fox?

By the way there is no complicated fact checking. He said McCain was a loser in his own words and tweeted out. He then denied that this week. Do you accept he lied in his denial?

He claimed he rang Melania at home from Paris even though she was in Paris with him. Do you accept he lied? Here's an official White House report of Melania in Paris. The first line reads:

First Lady Melania Trump traveled with her husband to Paris, France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Armistice that ended World War I.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/readout-first-lady-melania-trumps-visit-france/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

If the reports are true and Trump did say all the things being reported.......would that be enough to turn you against him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Multiple sources have said Biden sexually assaulted Tara Read

What sources? Because none of Biden’s staff at the time witnessed or corroborated any wrongdoing. Or are you referring to the family members or friends she allegedly told? You don't seem to know the difference between a primary and a secondary source.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If you accept that, isn't it possible that he's also lying in his denials of the things he is reported to have said by the Atlantic, AP and Fox?

I have already pointed out (with sources) that the Atlantic article is not reliable. Yes it looks like Trump lied about calling McCain a loser I accept that. But as I have also pointed out, I think McCain is a loser myself (RIP) so I agree with Trump on that. People lie all the time, you, me, Biden and Trump. The fact that he has lied about this small Tweet says nothing about his character in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

It's funny watching those on the far left decide which sexual assault is believable based on the political allegiances of the accused.

What sources? Because none of Biden’s staff at the time witnessed or corroborated any wrongdoing. Or are you referring to the family members or friends she allegedly told? You don't seem to know the difference between a primary and a secondary source.

I was referring to the family members

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was referring to the family members

I thought so. In this case, the sources were actually present and witnessed the incident when it happened. Do you think they are all lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

"Billionaire philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, the majority owner of The Atlantic, has donated over $1.2 million to former Vice President Joe Biden and other Democratic candidates and groups since 2019, Federal Election Commission records show."

Hmmmmmmm sure is quite convenient that they published a Trump hit piece when the majority owner of the publication has supported the Democrats with big donations including over $610k to Biden.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/04/laurene-powell-jobs-jeffrey-goldberg-democrats/

"Powell Jobs contributed $2,800 to former Vice President Joe Biden’s primary campaign in October, and in June she divvied out an additional $610,600 to the Biden Victory Fund. She’s also provided maxed out donations to at least 66 other Democratic politicians since the start of 2019, all the while providing nothing to Republican candidates, according to Federal Election Commission records."

I thought so. In this case, the sources were actually present and witnessed the incident when it happened. Do you think they are all lying?

Anyone with a tiny bit of cop on knows they are lying.

"Billionaire philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, the majority owner of The Atlantic, has donated over $1.2 million to former Vice President Joe Biden and other Democratic candidates and groups since 2019, Federal Election Commission records show."

Hmmmmmmm sure is quite convenient that they published a Trump hit piece when the majority owner of the publication has supported the Democrats with big donations including over $610k to Biden.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/04/laurene-powell-jobs-jeffrey-goldberg-democrats/

"Powell Jobs contributed $2,800 to former Vice President Joe Biden’s primary campaign in October, and in June she divvied out an additional $610,600 to the Biden Victory Fund. She’s also provided maxed out donations to at least 66 other Democratic politicians since the start of 2019, all the while providing nothing to Republican candidates, according to Federal Election Commission records."

How many times has Trump slagged off AOC? He also donated to her campaigns :pac:

so Reads family are to be believed but actual witnesses to Trumps actions are lying :D

You really do need to try harder, your going down the lacking in effort road now.

Akesh wrote: »
    It's funny watching those on the far left decide which sexual assault is believable based on the political allegiances of the accused.

Based on evidence and credibility.

• Advertisement

Multiple women have claimed Trump sexually assaulted them, do you believe those womens claims?

Those on the left? Mmmmmmmmm.
    Akesh wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

And how would you "fact check" it?

What credible sources are available to you?

Spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

If the reports are true and Trump did say all the things being reported.......would that be enough to turn you against him?
    Not sure if you've missed this one, but I'd be very interested in an answer.

If these comments ARE true, would they be enough to turn you against Donald Trump?

That rules you out so.

You seem to have missed it so I'll ask again...

Here is your fact check, from the horses mouth himself: "John McCain is a loser."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/622522682245033984

Will you now accept that Trump did indeed call McCain a loser and lied when he recently claimed he didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

5th September 2020 , the day id never thought id see, where the boards left will use fox news as a credible source because it suits their agenda.

5th September 2020 , the day id never thought id see, where the boards left will use fox news as a credible source because it suits their agenda.

You again are ignoring the Associated Press confirming the story. Since you're now trying to claim Fox News is unreliable due to apparently having anti Trump biases, do you accept the AP confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Not sure if you've missed this one, but I'd be very interested in an answer.

If these comments ARE true, would they be enough to turn you against Donald Trump?

I just couldn't vote for Biden so Trump is the only alternative in this 2 horse race.

And if you were to ask me why I couldn't vote for Biden I would say he is a lackluster candidate that doesn't bring the same kind of energy and drama that Trump does during his campaigning and presidency.

Again, what news sources are reputable Iyo?

• Advertisement

I already have. Pay attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement