Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

5th September 2020 , the day id never thought id see, where the boards left will use fox news as a credible source because it suits their agenda.
    They are one of the sources being listed, alongside The Atlantic and the AP. Most likely being promoted because it's harder to accuse Fox News of pro-Biden bias.

Though evidently not impossible.

5th September 2020 , the day id never thought id see, where the boards left will use fox news as a credible source because it suits their agenda.

It's more the fact that it's been verified by multiple sources. Like it's probably a much bigger sign of delusion when people such as yourself are treating the AP as a biased source when they verified the sorry too.

I just couldn't vote for Biden so Trump is the only alternative in this 2 horse race.

And if you were to ask me why I couldn't vote for Biden I would say he is a lackluster candidate that doesn't bring the same kind of energy and drama that Trump does during his campaigning and presidency.
    Energy and drama? That's what you base your vote for a candidate on?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If a recording emerged of the comments would you still support Trump?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If it wasnt from a publication that fabricated ‘things he said’ in the past maybe but the atlantic are bottom tier biased for making up things

What about it being confirmed elsewhere?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I just couldn't vote for Biden so Trump is the only alternative in this 2 horse race.

And if you were to ask me why I couldn't vote for Biden I would say he is a lackluster candidate that doesn't bring the kind of energy and drama that Trump does during his campaigning and presidency.

He brings 'drama' alright... Usually the outrageous kind as he engages in basic populism.

Which is somewhat ironic when you see that your username is "LessOutragePlz"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    If a recording emerged of the comments would you still support Trump?

While the comments are abhorrent, on the offchance that they are true, he would still be ahead of joe biden for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And the day that Trump supporters who usually swear Fox is the most reliable source is suddenly wrong.

Brian? wrote: »
    What about it being confirmed elsewhere?

It is entirely possible 2 staffers were paid off and have just said it to the same news outlets, AP are also all about speed, wouldnt be shocked if they were just copying the atlantics story as ‘fact’ without confirming.

It just doesnt sit right that the first publication to have it is the one that made up the ‘n word tape’ story

And the day that Trump supporters who usually swear Fox is the most reliable source is suddenly wrong.

I have never used fox news as a credible source, they were always and will always be dirt to me

• Advertisement

It is entirely possible 2 staffers were paid off and have just said it to the same news outlets, AP are also all about speed, wouldnt be shocked if they were just copying the atlantics story as ‘fact’ without confirming.

It just doesnt sit right that the first publication to have it is the one that made up the ‘n word tape’ story
    Well then, you'd be accusing their reporter who said he verified the quotes of being a liar.

You're not a believer in Occam's razor are you? The simplest explanation here is that he said some stupid things. You know why it's so believable? He says many stupid things.

they/them/theirs

Well then, you'd be accusing their reporter who said he verified the quotes of being a liar.

The news media lie about donald trump to get more traffic, never seen that before :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

While the comments are abhorrent, on the offchance that they are true, he would still be ahead of joe biden for me.

There you have it. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Energy and drama? That's what you base your vote for a candidate on?!?!

Yeah he's got to have good energy and not be afraid of the drama that is result of some confrontations, and Trump has not shied away from confrontations with the media when he's called out them out on some of their fake news stories.

Biden just strikes me a yes man with very low energy and he doesn't excite me as a candidate like Trump has during his presidency.

You're not a believer in Occam's razor are you? The simplest explanation here is that he said some stupid things. You know why it's so believable? He says many stupid things.

The simplest explanation of anything in an election year especially scandals about a sitting president is that ‘a staffer said they said’ are usually false.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The news media lie about donald trump to get more traffic, never seen that before :rolleyes:

Imagine being Irish and thinking you have this much skin in the game to try this hard to disbelieve the eminently believable.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There you have it. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

What would it take joe biden to be found doing or saying for you to vote trump ?

The simplest explanation of anything in an election year especially scandals about a sitting president is that ‘a staffer said they said’ are usually false.

Usually false? Based on what exactly.

In my experience they are 99% true. Especially when it comes to Trump.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What would it take joe biden to be found doing or saying for you to vote trump ?

I wouldn't vote for Trump ever.

• Advertisement

wow

You really have fallen for the Cult party line hook line and sinker!

This is what true Trump derangement syndrome looks like folks.

Yeah he's got to have good energy and not be afraid of the drama that is result of some confrontations, and Trump has not shied away from confrontations with the media when he's called out them out on some of their fake news stories.

Biden just strikes me a yes man with very low energy and he doesn't excite me as a candidate like Trump has during his presidency.

Except for when he's asked a hard question and storms off stage in a huff :D

Do you believe Trump when he says "many people have told me" or when he claims "Lots of people, good people have called me"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Akesh wrote: »
    It's funny watching those on the far left decide which sexual assault is believable based on the political allegiances of the accused.

It's not funny watching the deluded support someone who advocates grabbing women by the pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I guess the question is that what has Donald done during his life and tenure as president to be given the benefit of the doubt here?

I mean, he lied on camera about paying stormy off (something that would have finished any other president), when he literally signed the cheque.

why hasn't anyone asked why he should be believed? He lied again yesterday about saying he called Melania in New York to say he couldn't go when she was on the trip with him!

I get he's your man. But he is a terrible, terrible person and hopefully he gets ****ed out of the white house in november and we never have to hear another turgid word come out of his stupid mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

And that before mentioning that trunl has verifiable told two different lies in direct response to the story (phoning melania in the US when she was in France too, claiming he never called McCain a loser when its right there on his own Twitter account), but that is apparently too much to face up to so better to engage full on fingers-in-ears mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And if you were to ask me why I couldn't vote for Biden I would say he is a lackluster candidate that doesn't bring the same kind of energy and drama that Trump does during his campaigning and presidency.

"Energy and drama" jesus man get a grip, it's not a reality tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

For me if he: denied climate change
    advocated grabbing women by the pussy
    claimed corona virus would magically disappear
    called neo-nazis good people
    calling dead conscripted soldiers losers

The list is long. Unfortunately, Trump has done all these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

If I were an American, Biden openly endorsing white supremacy, having white supremacist advisors, constantly putting Russian interests ahead of American ones, trusting Russian claims over American intelligence services, allowing Russia to order the deaths of American troops and saying not doing a thing about it then mocking these murdered troops as "losers and suckers", removing all children at the border from their parents and moving them into concentration camps, calling for armed uprisings against elected officials, writing off covid as a political conspiracy/hoax that will just go away like a miracle, gassing peaceful protesters including the clergy, and lying over 20,000 times in less than four years would be a start.

Though that would more than likely make me just sit the election out more than anything, as these are all also things trunl has already done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement