Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

And then Pence will get in. Nothing will change anyway.

A whole lot would change. Pence would visit the graveyard and I'm sure he'd stand up to Putin and support the soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Humour is funny though. Nothing you have posted is funny, it's just pathetic.

I didn't realise people were so strongly anti arthritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It seems good humour is gone when Trump is concerned.

Not sure what's humourous about making claims that someone is possibly crippled with arthritis. Pretty poor taste actually.

Actually you are wrong, If Biden spoke about dead soldiers the way Trump has then i would call him out for it and reverse my support for him.

Trump fans on the other hand refuse to believe that he would say these things and just double down on their support for him, An absolute horrible person who mocks the dead and we still see Trump zealots giving him 100% support.

Disgusting.

What do you expect? Your talking about posters who have said refugees should be left to drown at sea.

I didn't realise people were so strongly anti arthritis.

As a person who has two chronic illnesses, it annoys me somewhat when people are happy to speculate that people have a condition for the purpose of demeaning them. It's insulting to people of all ages who cope with them. You didn't say it for any genuine reason and we all know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A whole lot would change. Pence would visit the graveyard and I'm sure he'd stand up to Putin and support the soldiers.

Standing up to Putin helps the daily lives of Americans in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It would show that POTUS endorses democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well it might stop them paying people to kill their soldiers, or do American soldiers and their families not matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At least they would know that they're not being governed by a weak coward, which is the case at the moment.

Wow, I guess you really don't know and it shows. To quote Trump "sad".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Supporting unions
    Using racial equity instead of Equality meaning more racist programs
    Relaxing immigration and detention laws
    Support for ‘green new deal’
    Promising to tighten gun laws
    Inappropriately rubbing young girls

I should have realised you disliked him for being and decent.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Having their relatives still around rather than murdered by them with impunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You're probably right. Judging by the numbers of US citizens supporting Trump, I think they're probably beyond help as a country at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Disparaging?

A bit dramatic.

I just said he's probably crippled with arthritis.

Hardly a sensational comment or revelation.

The sensitivity of some posters about Trump continues to surprise me.

Careful now, they'll be calling your employer next.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i think he's the 1st president not to invade another country, and by all accounts has brokered a peace deal in the ME that his predecessors have failed to do.

perhaps he was alluding to the futility of war, anyone that does that is a loser?

What war was there between Israel and UAE?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Careful now, they'll be calling your employer next.

Most employers would be embarrassed to have a Trump supporter in their ranks, I know mine would. It says a lot about the employee's judgement and critical thinking abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

From the article in question:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

"When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true."

This is a straight up lie. Official navy documents have been obtained that prove it is a lie. If the Atlantic LIE about this, why trust their other claims about Trump?

Navy documents reproduced here:

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/4/21422733/atlantic-trump-military-suckers-losers-explained

"I obtained documents from the Navy via #FOIA about Trump's 2018 trip to Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris and the documents say his transport was canceled by the Navy due to rain."

"Zachary Fuentes, a deputy White House chief of staff at the time, was the one who decided Trump shouldn’t travel by helicopter and assured the president it was okay to miss the event. And former National Security Adviser John Bolton wrote in his deeply unflattering-to-Trump book that the president didn’t go to the cemetery solely because of poor conditions."

Did you expect there to be a record that says, "The POTUS doesn't want to go because it'll muss my hair and war dead are losers? So, yeah, tell them it's too rainy."

You really should read the whole article you post. The bit about the 'McCain part being confirmed' by Miles Taylor.

As was pointed out in the article you post, Merkel and Macron attended by car. Kelly did as well. Only Trump couldn't travel by motorcade, though the article gives him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Given the rest that's come out before and since, it's seems highly likely Trump in fact didn't want to go because he could give a rats about war dead. Doesn't like them, thinks they're losers, all believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is comical. It certainly looks like the Serbian president didn't realise they had agreed to moving their Israeli embassy to Jerusalem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING: Several boats have sunk during a boat parade in support of
    @realDonaldTrump on Lake Travis, @TravisCoSheriff confirms.
    Crews have responded to many boats in “distress.”

Hummm.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BREAKING: Several boats have sunk during a boat parade in support of
    @realDonaldTrump on Lake Travis, @TravisCoSheriff confirms.
    Crews have responded to many boats in “distress.”

Hummm.

probably an attack by the antifa maritime unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

probably an attack by the antifa maritime unit.

Boat Lives Matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

From watching the clip it seemed to me like he was serious to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

How is it that I know Mike Pence is VP but I cannot remember who the Dem V P is/could be. well I could look it up. I but that is not the point.

How is it that I know Mike Pence is VP but I cannot remember who the Dem V P is/could be. well I could look it up. I but that is not the point.

Kamala Harris. Pence has been VP for four years. Harris joined the race a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Osama bin Laden’s niece has endorsed Trump, doubt it will get him a significant amount of extra votes but it will do him no harm.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/osama-bin-ladens-niece-says-only-trump-can-prevent-another-9-11/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Found the same with Tim Kaine. Took me ages to remember him.
    Even now I struggle to remember his first name. My brain seems to auto correct it to Michael.

Osama bin Laden’s niece has endorsed Trump, doubt it will get him a significant amount of extra votes but it will do him no harm.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/osama-bin-ladens-niece-says-only-trump-can-prevent-another-9-11/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

FFS:

Bin Ladin (whose branch of the family has always spelled their name differently than her infamous uncle) lives in Switzerland but said she considers herself “an American at heart.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Osama's niece and Obama's brother. Biden has the Richard Spencer nod.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    What war was there between Israel and UAE?

They are both in a cold war against Iran.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement