Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

How is it that I know Mike Pence is VP but I cannot remember who the Dem V P is/could be. well I could look it up. I but that is not the point.

Hmm, seems like you might get the chance to ace your very own little test just like Trump did in the near future. Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Osama's niece and Obama's brother. Biden has the Richard Spencer nod.

Which he promptly rejected, unlike Trump in 2016. Let's see if Donald does the same for the very fine people over at thd Aryan Nations who have been funding his campaign and how his likeminded white supremacist advisors like Stephen Miller will feel about it if he does.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/fast-forward/453577/trump-campaign-donations-morris-gulett-neo-nazi/%3fgamp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Which he promptly rejected, unlike Trump in 2016. Let's see if Donald does the same for the very fine people over at thd Aryan Nations who have been funding his campaign and how his likeminded white supremacist advisors like Stephen Miller will feel about it if he does.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forward.com/fast-forward/453577/trump-campaign-donations-morris-gulett-neo-nazi/%3fgamp

The only people who would vote for Biden based on Spencer's endorsement would be those knuckleheads who believe in so-called "accelerationism".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

For every anti trump/ biden supporter , what republican president would you have ever supported ?
    For every trump / anti biden supporter, what democratic president would you have supported ?

(And i mean post civil war, not when the parties were effectively in different places)

For me kennedy and potentially clinton (before we know what we now know) would have been the only dems I would have supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

For every anti trump/ biden supporter , what republican president would you have ever supported ?

My experience of Republican Presidents is Reagan, the 2 Bushes and Trump but realistically, I was a child when Reagan and Bush Senior were in power.
    I'd probably go with Reagan because my perception was that was well liked generally but truth be told, I see each Republican President mentioned as being a step down from the one that went before with the last one being several steps below the others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

How is it that I know Mike Pence is VP but I cannot remember who the Dem V P is/could be. well I could look it up. I but that is not the point.

That's on you. Kamala Harris is the least bland pick for VP since Palin, for different reasons obviously.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

For every trump / anti biden supporter, what democratic president would you have supported ?

(And i mean post civil war, not when the parties were effectively in different places)

For me kennedy and potentially clinton (before we know what we now know) would have been the only dems I would have supported.

Eisenhower.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Brian? wrote: »
    Eisenhower.
    Same........91% top marginal tax rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

NEW: In upcoming book, Michael Cohen writes Donald Trump's disdain for Obama was so extreme he hired a "Faux-Bama" to participate in a video in which he "ritualistically belittled the first black president and then fired him.

Same........91% top marginal tax rate!

The last Republican president to actual focus on building the middle and working class. Also the last one to win before without the southern strategy.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I like this question.

Although I wasn’t alive for his reign, Eisenhower would definitely be one based on what I’ve read. Ronald Reagan too if I was pushed for another one.

If John McCain won in 2008 he definitely would have been one. The fact he went out of his way to pull up his own supporters on inaccuracies they had about Obama during the campaign just summed up the kind of man he was. I didn’t agree with many of his policies but he was adored across the political spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Faugheen wrote: »
    I like this question.

Although I wasn’t alive for his reign, Eisenhower would definitely be one based on what I’ve read. Ronald Reagan too if I was pushed for another one.

If John McCain won in 2008 he definitely would have been one. The fact he went out of his way to pull up his own supporters on inaccuracies they had about Obama during the campaign just summed up the kind of man he was. I didn’t agree with many of his policies but he was adored across the political spectrum.

That’s the thing, you can disagree with someone’s policies/ politics but think that they are a decent enough guy with integrity. I wouldn’t vote for them but you could respect them when in office.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I like this question.

McCain I will always have a huge amount of respect for, if I disagreed with his policies.

Reagan is a whole different kettle of fish. He used racist dog whistles to get elected(Made up welfare queen), funded right wing paramilitaries and dictators in central America, secretly smuggled arms to the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, actively undermined civil rights legislation(he vetoed the civil rights restoration act, veto overturned by congress), ramped up the war on drugs and ignored the AIDS epidemic.

That's before we even talk about the disaster, for the middle class, that was Reagnamomics .

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting endorsement. Anita Hill says she'll vote for Biden. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics/anita-hill-joe-biden-voting/index.html

That puts paid to another tiresome tGOP attack line against Biden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

My God, could you imagine if Trump was accused like this, the globalist controlled mainstream media would be all over it. Because it is Biden, there is radio silence... I guess the Biden supporters are going to call this fake news? Pretty disgusting that he allegedly sexually abuses teens.

A former Secret Service agent assigned to the Vice President Joe Biden residence claims that the Service often had to protect female agents from him.

https://newscetera.com/former-joe-biden-secret-service-agent-we-had-to-protect-women-from-him-weinstein-level-stuff/

“We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s asses.”

“He would mess with every single woman or teen. It was horrible,”

Additionally, the agent claims that Biden would walk around the VP residence naked at night. “I mean, Stark naked… Weinstein level stuff,” he added.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My God, could you imagine if Trump was accused like this, the globalist controlled mainstream media would be all over it. Because it is Biden, there is radio silence... I guess the Biden supporters are going to call this fake news? Pretty disgusting that he allegedly sexually abuses teens.

A former Secret Service agent assigned to the Vice President Joe Biden residence claims that the Service often had to protect female agents from him.

https://newscetera.com/former-joe-biden-secret-service-agent-we-had-to-protect-women-from-him-weinstein-level-stuff/

“We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s asses.”

Additionally, the agent claims that Biden would walk around the VP residence naked at night. “I mean, Stark naked… Weinstein level stuff,” he added.

"Speaking on condition of anonymity". Didn't you guys say yesterday that anonymous sources are worthless and are essentially "fake news"?

Any allegations should of course be investigated and prosecuted in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Could you tell me more about the author 'Jiggy'? Links to any bona fide news reportage, qualifications and experience would be great. Otherwise, I'm afraid that article is a crock of sh1te.

Could you tell me more about the author 'Jiggy'? Links to any bona fide news reportage, qualifications and experience would be great. Otherwise, I'm afraid that article is a crock of sh1te.

That's not the point. Complete BS about President Trump was being lapped up yesterday. Today when its Bidens turn its "FAKE NEWS". Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Original story Brought to you by gateway pundit .... We report the truth and leave the Russia collusion fairy tale to the conspiracy media

:D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That's not the point. Complete BS about President Trump was being lapped up yesterday. Today when its Bidens turn its "FAKE NEWS". Hypocrisy at its finest.

To quote your own words
    No. Those claims are not credible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

What complete BS ?

To quote your own words

To parafrase your words...

Trump did something, no evidence - he's a monster!
    Biden did something, no evidence - fake news!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The desperation is palpable this morning.

weisses wrote: »
    We report the truth and leave the Russia collusion fairy tale to the conspiracy media

There might be more to it when you take it in conjunction with Mrs. Tara Reaed's accusations along with video evidence of Biden sniffing young girls hair. No smoke without fire etc. etc.?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The desperation is palpable this morning.

I consider the "losers" story an act of desperation. Trump made massive gains this week then the story drops, what a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

To parafrase your words...

Trump did something, no evidence - he's a monster!
    Biden did something, no evidence - fake news!

You wrote off the accusations about Trump calling fallen soldiers "losers and suckers" as fake news, even though this was reported on many credible news sites as factual.

You have now posted one article, citing unnamed sources on what looks like someone's blog (is it even a real news site?) And expect everyone to believe it as gospel truth.

If the accusations against Biden are true then he deserves to lose the election by a landslide and be arrested/charged.

See! I will say this because I don't believe anyone should be above the law, meanwhile you will defend #IMPOTUS to the hilt and never say a bad word against him no matter what.

Thats the cult mind of his zealots who suffer from the auld TDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I consider the "losers" story an act of desperation. Trump made massive gains this week then the story drops, what a coincidence.

Don't you use that same thinking to wonder about the veracity and timing of the Biden story?

The hypocrisy is that you don't even stick to your own rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Massive gains on once again displaying his unparalleled ignorance for the entire world to see? Sure, you're quite right about that. Trump did call John McCain a loser, by the way. It's there on his Twitter feed, in black and white.

Your level of Trump delusion is getting worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So an anonymous blog on an unknown website is a riposte to reportage on CNN, ABC AP, Reuters, Fox, WP, NYT? Okie dokie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Don't you use that same thinking to wonder about the veracity and timing of the Biden story?

The hypocrisy is that you don't even stick to your own rules.

In fairness the Biden story about the secret service is from a few years ago, long before even Joe Biden hoped to run.

It won't affect him, as Nancy Pelosi said that's "Joe being Joe".

It's old news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement