Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Some posts deleted and Kidchamelion threadbanned. Keep it civil folks. Any issues, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Nope, Trump was loved before he p*ssed off the lefties worldwide by daring to run for president.
    And this is a flat out weird response since my post had said it was weird to call Trump a good man given he has bragged about perving on half naked underage girls at his pageants and has been a codefendant in a child rape case with Jeffery Epstein.

You never even tried to deny it, which says all that it needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This whole conspiracy about the "left" hating Trump for no reason at all bar the fact that he dared to run for President is one of the weirder ones I've come across. Trump isn't even a Republican - in fact, he was a paying Democrat for most of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    This whole conspiracy about the "left" hating Trump for no reason at all bar the fact that he dared to run for President is one of the weirder ones I've come across. Trump isn't even a Republican - in fact, he was a paying Democrat for most of his life.

He even donated to Kamala Harris before lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He even donated to Kamala Harris before lol

Can add that to Outlaw Pete's list of Trump's good deeds.

I mean, it's a pretty short list considering his wealth and opportunity to help people. And I don't think the sum total of those good deeds listed outweigh even just the fact he used charitable donations to the Trump Foundation to buy paintings of himself or to fund events at his own properties so a substantial portion of the charitable donations went into his own business, but maybe it's unfair to look at the man's life as a whole and judge him based on that rather than just pick 4-5 good deeds and proclaim the main a saint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

The Republicans were merely stupid enough for him to take advantage, especially after Obama scared the shi*e out of the more racially backwards set that tend to vote Republican.

He had ambition, he knew he wouldn't get anywhere with the Dems, so went with the GOP who he knew were gullible. That the GOP had descended into the mire and turned out to be really the Tea Party in charge of the GOP who gave him a massive boost with a literal cult ready to follow him was to his eternal advantage.

Gotta admire his ability to fuel and take full advantage of the gullible, the angry and the racists to get what he wants, as reprehensible as the approach is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

randd1 wrote: »
    The Republicans were merely stupid enough for him to take advantage, especially after Obama scared the shi*e out of the more racially backwards set that tend to vote Republican.

He had ambition, he knew he wouldn't get anywhere with the Dems, so went with the GOP who he knew were gullible. That the GOP had descended into the mire and turned out to be really the Tea Party in charge of the GOP who gave him a massive boost with a literal cult ready to follow him was to his eternal advantage.

Gotta admire his ability to fuel and take full advantage of the gullible, the angry and the racists to get what he wants, as reprehensible as the approach is.

He benefited from the GOP election process. The DNC System would have resulted in a more obvious alternative emerging sooner. There was also the super-delegates which would have also stunted his progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Pablo Escobar built schools, hospitals and houses for the poor

Proof he was a good man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Trump doesn't know if he's Republican or Democrat and he doesn't care. He's all about Trump and nothing else.

My prediction is he wins this election and becomes even more extreme and divisive for the next 4 years. I do think we will see a separate political party set up in the US that will become a major rival to the Reps and Dems at the next election in 2024. You can see the seeds of it already with the looney QAon movement and other nutters on the right. That said the left has it's fair share of nut jobs also so they may see the Dems as not radical enough for their platform also.

Sad what's become of them but as someone who spent years living in NY and then Dallas this was always coming at some stage but the internet has been like throwing petrol onto the fire for these headcases and given them an echo chamber of unimaginable size.

They might be beyond saving at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Pablo Escobar built schools, hospitals and houses for the poor

Proof he was a good man

Hitler loved his mammy and his German shepherd.

Proof he was a good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hitler loved his mammy and his German shepherd.

Proof he was a good man.

Must watch that Norm Macdonald special again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This whole conspiracy about the "left" hating Trump for no reason at all bar the fact that he dared to run for President is one of the weirder ones I've come across.

Who said there was "no reason"? Of course there's a reason.

The left hate him cause he does not pander to them and has intention to either. He understands that liberals have been infiltrated by radical leftists and are destroying the fabric of Western Society piece by piece and all under the guise of equality and social justice. What we are seeing today with the rioting and looting is the result of turning a blind eye to allowing leftists to brainwash children into seeing the world through their hate filled eyes. Trump gets this which is why he has, for example, recently ordered the purge of Critical Race Theory from Federal Government:

https://twitter.com/RussVought45/status/1302033078848753665

image.png

randd1 wrote: »

Completely. He gives the conspiracy theorist/idiot in society a flag to rally around. Whatever his shortcomings as a politician and human being, he's incredibly adept at working the media to his advantage. You'd have to give him some credit for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The left hate him cause he does not pander to them and has intention to either. He understands that liberals have been infiltrated by radical leftists and are destroying the fabric of Western Society piece by piece and all under the guise of equality and social justice. What we are seeing today with the rioting and looting is the result of turning a blind eye to allowing leftists to brainwash children into seeing the world through their hate filled eyes. Trump gets this which is why he has, for example, recently ordered the purge of Critical Race Theory from Federal Government:

Mod

Lets have a chat via PM about your posting. In the meantime, dont post in this thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

]

You keep saying "the left" hates Trump, I actually think we have better things to do, most left wing people probably dislike his policies and rhetoric.

Given that he's struggled to break 50% approval rating and the left is tiny in the US, I'd say there are a lot of centrist and right wing people who dislike him as well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

But it seems you have a dismissal for absolutely any criticism of Trump's character.

He racially discriminated in housing, called for the execution of innocent teenagers, pushed a racist conspiracy against Barack Obama, in addition to the many, many other things mentioned that you've dismissed out of hand.

[/url]

I'm really and truly glad that I don't live in your conspiracy fuelled world. Anyway, I'm not here to debate conspiracy theories with you. I wish you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Igotadose wrote: »
    Slow day on boards, here comes HRC.

Got anything actually, truly, new to say? Keep the jokes to a jokes thread.

Well, they are still spouting their Russia conspiracy theory.

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1302726323576672264

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Far from conspiracy. Truth. People went to jail for collaborating.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/anne-applebaum-interviews-peter-strzok/616003/

There may still be investigations going on, woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I won't hold my breath on your answering, but what is your taken on the Mueller Report, the US intelligence services, and a Republican-led bipartisan Senate commission all agreeing that there was substantial Russian interference in 2016 and how does this line up with your "conspiracy theory" claims?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/RussVought45/status/1302033078848753665
    I actually think you do believe all this. Wow, I hope you find comfort in your theories as they are extremely troublesome to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

New polling not looking great for Trump.....

Biden leads Trump by 10 points in new national poll

Trump is now fast running out of days to turn this 10% deficit around.

Steady she goes Joe, steady she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I've a feeling some people will wake up very confused and disappointed the morning after the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've a feeling some people will wake up very confused and disappointed the morning after the night before

It's looking like we might not have the result that night as usual. Some states, depending on the levels of mail-in ballots, might not be able to give their result until a few days after.

Given how close the election will be, it's possible they could be deciding states.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Penn wrote: »
    It's looking like we might not have the result that night as usual. Some states, depending on the levels of mail-in ballots, might not be able to give their result until a few days after.

Given how close the election will be, it's possible they could be deciding states.

Indeed , and that's where things potentially get into real difficulty.

A recent poll suggested that up to 60% of Democrats were planning to vote by mail compared to about 20% of Republicans. So it is absolutely possible that Trump could be seen to be holding a decent sized lead in a few of those swings states in the initial counting of the "on the day" votes.

He will absolutely declare himself the winner on that basis , but what could then happen is that over the next few days those leads could disappear , with Biden eventually declared the winner . Trump will scream "RIGGED ELECTION" and head for the Supreme courts.

However , one thing in Bidens favour is that in most of the key Swing states , the Secretary of State is a Democrat.

The secretaries of state in Arizona , Minnesota , Michigan & Pennsylvania are Democrats.

Just as Floridas GOP Sec of State in the 2000 election declared an end to any recounts , which handed the State to Bush, they will be the ones certifying the results in those states, ensuring that all the mail-in votes are counted etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

H9X6MA4.jpg

This is the http 404 page not found message on Joe Bidens web site, with an unintentionally hilarious message. :)

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

H9X6MA4.jpg

This is the http 404 page not found message on Joe Bidens web site, with an unintentionally hilarious message. :)

Love the line on top

"Battle for the soul of the nation"

Nice :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Ouch - Rasmussen giving Biden an 8 point lead in Wisconsin.

Rasmussen...
    The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone and online survey of Likely Voters in Wisconsin shows Biden with 51% support to Trump’s 43%. Three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and two percent (2%) remain undecided.

Among the 84% of Wisconsin voters who are already certain how they will vote, Biden leads 54% to 46%.

Only 2% Undecided..Not much left on the table to close the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Ouch - Rasmussen giving Biden an 8 point lead in Wisconsin.

Rasmussen...

Only 2% Undecided..Not much left on the table to close the gap.

Plus, not much of a bounce for Trump after the RNC. It's not looking great for him at all.

His base 43 per cent will vote for him, that looks to be it tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They have to find a way to flip some current Biden supporters.

The constant cry that the US is on fire and will only get worse under Biden is that strategy, try to scare people enough that even though things are demonstrably crap, hey they could conceivably be worse under Biden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement