Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

After discussion via pm Kidchamelion may post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How is that abusive?

it hurts trumps fee-fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Are Americans always so abusive towards their president?

I would be too young to remember pre Obama but can't remember him being lampooned as much

That would depend on if we are talking about Godless atheist Obama, Muslim Obama, Nazi Obama, Communist Obama, Communazi Obama, or Kenyan Obama. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

it hurts trumps fee-fees.

That can't be right, sure how many Trump supporters have we had claim he is stoic in the face of abuse? The fact he is the thinnest skinned person i have ever had the misfortune of watching outside of a fictional movie is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

• Advertisement

So biden is rude because he wouldn't talk to a reporter. As he was walking to this childs grave.

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/status/1302673736919912449

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So biden is rude because he wouldn't talk to a reporter. As he was walking to this childs grave.

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/status/1302673736919912449

That's a bit much alright, he is not a sheep dog, turning to every call.

Enough real clips of Joe meandering..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Also , just like anywhere else , if you are getting a rise out of the target of your slagging you tend to keep going.

Trump is incredibly thin skinned and reacts badly and without even a hint of humor about it.

Contrast Trumps reactions to stuff to Obamas reaction to the birther stuff where he played a video clip of the Lion king as a joke response.

Even years earlier when Gerald Ford, who got lampooned mercilessly after falling on the stairs to Air Force One did a bit at the White House Press dinner with Chevy Chase making fun of himself.

This article lists a number of times in the past where various Presidents have been the butt of jokes on TV shows and how they all reacted in largely the same way - With good grace and humour , unlike Trump who demands people be fired etc.

To be fair, having such small hands means falling over is a lot more serious for Trump than for normal sized hand people. The whole stairs process is a big deal with those normal sized hand rails for people to hold as well.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Danzy wrote: »

The Reporter in the clip could be called rude for sure and indeed insensitive given that Biden is just coming out of Mass and heading over to the graves of his wife and two of his children.

However , the Trump mouthpiece that posted that Tweet is utterly beneath contempt.

Danzy wrote: »

Meandering you say? Before you reply i am aware of the context of the clip. the context being that the forget he was supposed to wait for his wife so decided to stand next to a puddle. as you do.
    https://twitter.com/BionicMD/status/1302718362615779329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Meandering you say? Before you reply i am aware of the context of the clip. the context being that the forget he was supposed to wait for his wife so decided to stand next to a puddle. as you do.
    https://twitter.com/BionicMD/status/1302718362615779329

To be fair, he was waiting on Melania, which isn't shown if this is the clip I'm thinking of. In the full clip, she shows up and the clip has a very different context.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Clips such as this show that Biden's campaign is pre-planned & scripted, purposely curated to coordinate with the media. This is not the first time he looked knackered or was breathing heavily etc. How could Biden do 4 years as commander in chief, let alone do 8 years! He would not last.

https://twitter.com/jacobkschneider/status/1303073244933754885

To be fair, he was waiting on Melania, which isn't shown if this is the clip I'm thinking of. In the full clip, she shows up and the clip has a very different context.

I said i knew the context. you just repeated what i had already said.

I said i knew the context. you just repeated what i had already said.

Welp. Apologies.

Yes, you did provide the context and I added nothing that you hadn't already provided.

Clips such as this show that Biden's campaign is pre-planned & scripted, purposely curated to coordinate with the media. This is not the first time he looked knackered or was breathing heavily etc. How could Biden do 4 years as commander in chief, let alone do 8 years! He would not last.

He only has to be fitter than one candidate. He only has to read better than one candidate. He's not in an election against Paul Ryan. He's running against the guy who struggles to walk and can barely read.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The breathing thing is fairly standard for people with a stammer - They take a very conscious long deep breath before starting to speak to steady themselves. He's done it for years.

The "move it up there" comment could be anything - He could be taking about the microphone , he could be getting the camera adjusted or even the screen that he's using for the Video Conference.

This constant angle about Biden's health and/or cognitive ability is beyond tiresome at this stage , especially given the multitude of opportunities that Trump provides for exactly the same kind of attacks.

Does the Trump team have anything to actually campaign on other than trying to blame Biden for everything that has happened in the last 4 years under the Trump administration?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This constant angle about Biden's health and/or cognitive ability is beyond tiresome at this stage , especially given the multitude of opportunities that Trump provides for exactly the same kind of attacks.

Biden does something = Bad

Trump does exact same thing or even worse = Patriot / King among men / Not as illegal as some people might think / Huur Duurr Orange man bad / They would have died eventually anyway / He just drank too much apple juice / What about this unrelated thing, huh? HUH? / Fake News

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Penn wrote: »
    Biden does something = Bad

Trump does exact same thing or even worse = Patriot / King among men / Not as illegal as some people might think / Huur Duurr Orange man bad / They would have died eventually anyway / He just drank too much apple juice / What about this unrelated thing, huh? HUH? / Fake News

Relax lads, I don't think even Joe takes it this personally. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The breathing thing is fairly standard for people with a stammer - They take a very conscious long deep breath before starting to speak to steady themselves. He's done it for years.

The "move it up there" comment could be anything - He could be taking about the microphone , he could be getting the camera adjusted or even the screen that he's using for the Video Conference.

Does the Trump team have anything to actually campaign on other than trying to blame Biden for everything that has happened in the last 4 years under the Trump administration?

What makes me tilt my head to one side and mutter 'bless' when I see the dementia Biden angle regurgitated here is that it's been shown to be a planted Russian story and completely un-provable. But then facts and proof seem to elusive to the trumpettes

• Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How do you feel about Trump and the White House’s collusion with Fox and OAN?

• Advertisement

I see Trumps ex ivana is going to be on loose women (I think they said monday), be interesting to see if she drops any bombshells.

I see Trumps ex ivana is going to be on loose women (I think they said monday), be interesting to see if she drops any bombshells.

What bigger bombshell is there than he raped her?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

I have asked others in this thread to expand on their points and improve their posting - so i will do the same here.

AFAIK, that was an allegation - if you have evidence to the contrary please post it. If not, id suggest taking a look at your posting with regards to throwaway comments like that.

"During the couple's divorce proceedings in the early 90s, Ivana Trump accused the current GOP frontrunner of assaulting and raping her in a rage over a painful scalp reduction surgery. (Donald denies both the assault and the surgery.)"

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/53n7w3/he-raped-me-when-donald-trump-was-accused-of-sexual-assault

Hannity and Trump call all the time

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/05/sean-hannity-donald-trump-late-night-calls.html

Hannity coordinating legal and media defense with Trump and Manafort

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/21/paul-manafort-text-messages-released-sean-hannity

Gaetz and Hannity colluding also

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/matt-gaetz-a-lawyer-asked-sean-hannity-not-a-lawyer-how-to-make-michael-cohen-firestorm-go-away/

OAN/WH collusion

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/media/one-america-news-trump/index.html

Just seen this video of Biden, Nice angle to 7se against Trump, looks genuinely angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

duploelabs wrote: »
    What makes me tilt my head to one side and mutter 'bless' when I see the dementia Biden angle regurgitated here is that it's been shown to be a planted Russian story and completely un-provable. But then facts and proof seem to elusive to the trumpettes

Ironically, those who still believe the story, are probably better off getting tested for dementia themselves (and see if they can "ace" the test as Trump claims he did).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »

They haven't gotten anything else to stick on Biden (so far). So they'll follow the Dear Leader. Biden has been out and about for the past few weeks, but that'd never get in the way of Don telling yet more porkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Mother of God, that is pretty bad. He looks unhealthy there IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Mother of God, that is pretty bad. He looks unhealthy there IMHO.

Is that yer next line of attack?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement