Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Batmannn wrote: »
    Trump has massive online support.
    He gets 50k likes for a Tweet in 10 minutes.
    Nobody likes Biden

If the presidential election was a popularity contest Hilary would be president.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nobody likes Biden

Now you even sound like Trump, Ratings/likes/retweets don't matter in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Nobody likes Biden

I like him.

Also just checking his profile, A tweet of his yesterday has 292 THOUSAND likes.

I like him.

Also just checking his profile, A tweet of his yesterday has 292 THOUSAND likes.

Which tweet is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

its gonna be trump. fiver bet, easy money :)

• Advertisement

Which tweet is this?

"We need to restore honor and decency to the White House."

"We need to restore honor and decency to the White House."

Link.please cos I didnt see that on his timeline

Link.please cos I didnt see that on his timeline

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1302769803925487616

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nobody likes Biden

Votes count, likes don't

My apologies I thought you meant Trump, I have just wasted 10 mins trawling through his twitter puke wondering where the hell he got a quarter million likes :pac:

• Advertisement

My apologies I thought you meant Trump, I have just wasted 10 mins trawling through his twitter puke wondering where the hell he got a quarter million likes :pac:

He's tweeted ****e all day.
    God help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

more worrying is that you thought trump tweeted "We need to restore honor and decency to the White House." some time in the recent past :D

God help you.

I was cursing you, thought you were trolling :pac:

more worrying is that you thought trump tweeted "We need to restore honor and decency to the White House." some time in the recent past :D

yeah but at first I didnt know the tweet said that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Batmannn

If the presidential election was a popularity contest Hilary would be president.

No she'd be in jail.

But seriously trump has a big following in every country. You can see his online support from every corner of the world.

Biden is going to be Crushed like a rat

And Hunter Biden will be Trump's focus attack in the debates.
    If. If. If Joe shows up.

I like him.

292k likes from bots

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No she'd be in jail.

But seriously trump has a big following in every country. You can see his online support from every corner of the world.

Biden is going to be Crushed like a rat

And Hunter Biden will be Trump's focus attack in the debates.
    If. If. If Joe shows up.

No certainty that Trump will win, he'll do well in working class areas but middle class will be a problem and above that a disaster for him.

1990sman wrote: »
    its gonna be trump. fiver bet, easy money :)

Anybody can predict trump 2020

Let's talk 2024 if you wanna gamble a fiver.

I'm going all in on either kayley mcenany, Ivanka or Tulsi gabbard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No she'd be in jail.

But she isn't, another one of Trump's failed campaign promises

292k likes from bots

Oh you’ve gone too far down the hole, I can’t help you I’m afraid.

• Advertisement

292k likes from bots

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/qz.com/1665059/data-show-trump-is-right-fewer-people-like-his-tweets-now/amp/

Trump loves his likes, he used to sit there and watch the numbers, Instead of doing his job
    US president Donald Trump spent a lot of time during a White House’s “social media summit” this week complaining that his tweets don’t get the same engagement that they used to.

“It used to go up, it would say 7,000, 7,008, 7,017, 7,024, 7,032, 7,044, right? Now it goes 7,000, 7,008, 6,998,” he said. “Does anyone know what I’m talking about with this? I never had that before. I used to watch it. It would be like a rocket ship when I put out a beauty.”

Talking about bots
    Trump’s Twitter account has traditionally had a greater percentage of bots and fake accounts following it than other politicians. Russian-linked Twitter bots retweeted Trump tweets about half a million times during the final months of the 2016 election,
    A Sparktoro examination of Trump’s Twitter followers last October found that 61% were “bot, spam, propaganda, and inactive accounts,” a significantly higher percentage than any other American politician the company could find.

People are just tired of him
    There is another factor that the White House may not be considering. Trump uses his personal Twitter account to hurl abuse at Democrats, presidential candidates like Joe Biden, media that doesn’t present him in a flattering way, and foreign leaders.

A Pew Research poll published in June suggests Americans are just exhausted by the steady stream of abuse. A huge majority (85%) of Americans say that the tone and nature of political debate has become more negative in recent years. And 55% blame Trump, agreeing he “has changed the tone and nature of political debate in this country for the worse.”

“Sizable majorities,” Pew notes, “say Trump’s comments often or sometimes make them feel concerned (76%), confused (70%), embarrassed (69%) and exhausted (67%).” Republicans are particularly exhausted by Trump news, an earlier Pew poll found.

Danzy wrote: »
    No certainty that Trump will win, he'll do well in working class areas but middle class will be a problem and above that a disaster for him.

No certain about anything
    Judging by online support though it's trump2020

A poll on another thread has 70% reckons he will win

No certain about anything
    Judging by online support though it's trump2020

A poll on another thread has 70% reckons he will win

Polls mean nothing as the Trump zealots like to remind us (unless the poll is in Trumps favour, then its the best poll ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

God help you.

Just on Trumps tweets alone, any of his supporters here wish to comment on the volume and content of his Twitter account? Do you honestly think that account represents a world leader or even a decent human being?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Just on Trumps tweets alone, any of his supporters here wish to comment on the volume and content of his Twitter account? Do you honestly think that account represents a world leader or even a decent human being?

His use of Twitter appeals to his base so he's just using it to his advantage, it's basically free publicity and a way to attack Biden without being in a face to face debate with him. With regards to him being a decent human being, the man is no angel but, I think some of comments describing him are a bit extreme and over exaggerated like comparing him to Hitler etc.

His use of Twitter appeals to his base so he's just using it to his advantage, it's basically free publicity and a way to attack Biden without being in a face to face debate with him. With regards to him being a decent human being, the man is no angel but, I think some of comments describing him are a bit extreme and over exaggerated like comparing him to Hitler etc.

I wouldn't compare him to Hitler, he's basically Berlusconi. He doesn't give a **** about anyone and has used the presidency for his own personal gain.

duploelabs wrote: »
    But she isn't, another one of Trump's failed campaign promises

Maybe she is not in jail.
    But it's Bill Clinton that Trump is after.
    And Trump all ways gets his man.
    Look what Trump done to Harvey weinstein and Jeffrey epstejn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

292k likes from bots

Indeed, there has been some speculation that the Democrats play these kinds of games...

https://disrn.com/news/dislikes-disappearing-from-biden-dncs-speech-on-youtube

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's acceptance speech had its "Dislikes" outnumber "Likes" in real-time on YouTube. However, hours after the speech ended, some of the "Dislikes" began disappearing from the acceptance speech videos as well as other videos from the 2020 Democratic National Convention, Just the News reports, including a screen grab of a user experiencing the drop in "Dislikes"

Maybe she is not in jail.
    But it's Bill Clinton that Trump is after.
    And Trump all ways gets his man.
    Look what Trump done to Harvey weinstein and Jeffrey epstejn.

Trump and Epstein the co-defenders in the sexual assault of an underage girl you mean?

The only people Trump has managed to put in jail in the last four years are the people he hired:pac:

The best people indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fact check: Trump was definitely after Hillary. "Lock *her* up."

Fact check: Weinstein was charged and convicted by the state of New York, not the federal government. It had nothing to do with the DOJ or WH.

If someone is telling you Trump did something to Epstein, then they're telling you he had him killed, I guess? Given that Trump and Epstein are indeed associates, and, fact check, were co-defendants on charges of raping a 13-year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement