Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Like all Trump revelations his supporters will downplay and everyone else will be outraged. Will it change any minds? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Daddy was just trying to reassure people and not cause panic

It's what good leaders do

• Registered Users Posts: 83,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Donald Trump puts his rape defense on the taxpayer: Bill Barr's DOJ steps in to fight off defamation lawsuit brought by advice columnist E. Jean Carroll claiming he was 'acting as president' when he called her a liar.

If he was then he was unduly influencing a potential jury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Overheal wrote: »
    If he was then he was unduly influencing a potential jury

He has form in the Roger Stone case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

As already discussed:

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-12067203

Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize after helping to broker Israel-UAE deal

"For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees," Mr Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of parliament, told the channel.

On Tuesday, a White House official announced Mr Trump will hold a signing ceremony on 15 September for a groundbreaking Middle East agreement normalising relations between Israel and the UAE.

This ceremony will be a great watch, these troubled nations coming together in peace. I have personally refereed to Trump as the "peace president" due to his commitment to getting the Abraham Accords brokered as well as being the first president to set foot in North Korea. If he wins the Nobel prize, I think he will be widely known as the Peace President.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Like all Trump revelations his supporters will downplay and everyone else will be outraged. Will it change any minds? I doubt it.

Most of the Trump supporters on here are conspiracy theory believers etc and according to them, grabbing women by the pussy automatically means consent, so going to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Billy Mays wrote: »

I would have preferred that claims and quotes from the book were released without the audio. It's always fun to see Trump's fans go from "It didn't happen" to "Of course he said that and he was right".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This ceremony will be a great watch, these troubled nations coming together in peace. I have personally refereed to Trump as the "peace president" due to his commitment to getting the Abraham Accords brokered as well as being the first president to set foot in North Korea. If he wins the Nobel prize, I think he will be widely known as the Peace President.

Trump inciting violence
    "Part of the problem ... is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore."
    "In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough."
    “They used to treat them very, very rough, and when they protested once, they would not do it again so easily,” he said, before lamenting "we've become weak."
    At a Las Vegas rally in late February, as a protester was again being removed from the premises, Trump lamented that "we're not allowed to punch back anymore" and reminisced about the halcyon "old days," when a protester would "be carried out on a stretcher."
    Mr Trump said on Tuesday: "If Iran threatens us in any way, they will pay a price like few countries have ever paid."
    "The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea.

Aside from the above, not sure any President who used tear gas on his own peaceful citizens who were exercising their right to protest could expect to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

The same far right MP nominated him in 2018 right. It’s an election season distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That should be the final nail in the coffin.

What about all those supporters claiming it all a hoax the last few months? Trump played them for fools.
    All those defending that he couldn't have known. They look like idiots.

He actively went out of his way to play it down, and this made the problem way worse that it ever needed to be. Even in April he was pushing for churches to open, all the time knowing that the very people that go to church, the older portion of the population, were particularly at risk.

You are joking, right?

His supporters don't care.
    They've flipflopped on every principal they had and bent over backwards to defend the indefensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

As already discussed:

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-12067203

Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize after helping to broker Israel-UAE deal

"For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees," Mr Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of parliament, told the channel.

On Tuesday, a White House official announced Mr Trump will hold a signing ceremony on 15 September for a groundbreaking Middle East agreement normalising relations between Israel and the UAE.

Can you explain why visiting North Korea is a great thing worthy of praise, but the nuclear deal in Iran reached under the previous administration isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And yet there will still be the usual zealots jumping in and defending him, Thousands dead because he wanted to "play it down".

And yet there will still be the usual zealots jumping in and defending him, Thousands dead because he wanted to "play it down".

Or they will he posting incessantly about his nomination from an alt right MP, in dear leader mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trying to avoid causing panics is a good sentiment. The =IMPOTUS as is typical, did it poorly. Trying to make political hay from it was his grievous mistake. Being surrounded by morons of his own choosing was a big contributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think the problem with coronavirus numbers is that after a certain period of time, people just run out of the mental stamina to really care about it as much. It becomes background noise to a lot of people. Certainly not background noise to those who lost a loved one due to it, and may well hold Trump's boneheaded attitude to the crisis to being a contributing factor in their grief, but I doubt Trump's even that worried about that so long as it's more in safe Democrat states.

Trump must be thanking his lucky stars that the new media buzz is on the protests and disorder where he can position himself as the law and order president, and really fear monger the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Trump presidency plumbs new depths every single day. There's literally nothing that could surprise me at this stage.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The Trump presidency plumbs new depths every single day. There's literally nothing that could surprise me at this stage.

Biden live at the moment smashing his speech, maybe the #IMPOTUS zealots should watch it, that way they don't need to rely on FOX "news" soundbites and heavily edited clips.

Biden live at the moment smashing his speech, maybe the #IMPOTUS zealots should watch it, that way they don't need to rely on FOX "news" soundbites and heavily edited clips.

By "playing it down" he created complacency. Therefore, caused the death of American citizens. If it was anyone else I'd be surprised, but as I said, nothing that this administration does could possibly surprise me at this stage. Utterly disgusting bunch of people with deaths on their hands now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Or they will he posting incessantly about his nomination from an alt right MP, in dear leader mode.

Just to point out , there are literally thousands of people that are entitled to "nominate" someone for a Nobel Peace prize.
    According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:
    • Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
    • Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
    • Members of l’Institut de Droit International
    • Members of the international board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
    • University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
    • Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    • Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    • Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
    • Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

So , finding one person from that multitude to nominate him is utterly meaningless.

Making a short list , that perhaps means something. Let's see if that happens

Spoiler -
    It absolutely will not

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1303763125204811776?s=20

Meanwhile, Trump announced he will hold a briefing at 3:30 PM to announce his fantasy football team, er, list of future potential SCOTUS nominees. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's pretty impressive, Biden's having trouble keeping calm.

Obama, Clinton, Reagan were all great speakers. Biden, Bushes were more or less mediocre speakers (Bush I better than Bush 2).

And of course, somewhere way down the bottom of the barrel viewable only with a telescope, is the speaking ability of the #IMPOTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What a surprise the clapping seals are nowhere to be seen in this thread this evening :pac: :pac:

What a surprise the clapping seals are nowhere to be seen in this thread this evening :pac: :pac:

Waiting to see what spin Fox put on Trumps recordings before posting it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Waiting to see what spin Fox put on Trumps recordings before posting it here.

I thought Billy gave them, something that they could work with. I still wish the tapes were withheld for a day or two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1303763125204811776?s=20

Meanwhile, Trump announced he will hold a briefing at 3:30 PM to announce his fantasy football team, er, list of future potential SCOTUS nominees. :confused:

He's announced GOP senators Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton on the list :eek:

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    He's announced GOP senators Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and Tom Cotton on the list :eek:

Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court. Isn't this the man whose father was meant to have been involved in the assassination of JFK? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,827 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It must be a sad day for the Trump haters on here and elsewhere with the Nobel Peace Prize Nomination for the Israel UAE peace deal and the Serbia Kosovo deal. Plus following through on his commitment of reducing troops in Iraq by 3000 is all great news for the President Trump. All plays well for November. Democrats and Biden not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It must be a sad day for the Trump haters on here and elsewhere with the Nobel Peace Prize Nomination for the Israel UAE peace deal and the Serbia Kosovo deal. Plus following through on his commitment of reducing troops in Iraq by 3000 is all great news for the President Trump. All plays well for November. Democrats and Biden not so much!

It must be really sad for the thousands of families that lost loved ones unnecessarily that could have been saved with a proper response to the pandemic by the President who lied to the American public saying it was like the regular flu. Id say their sadness is a bit stronger than the sadness experienced by the Trump haters in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement