Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It must be a sad day for the Trump haters on here and elsewhere with the Nobel Peace Prize Nomination for the Israel UAE peace deal and the Serbia Kosovo deal. Plus following through on his commitment of reducing troops in Iraq by 3000 is all great news for the President Trump. All plays well for November. Democrats and Biden not so much!

Sorry Mate, Trump admitted on tape to downplaying the coronavirus.
    Thousand of lives could have been saved.

No distractions will change this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It must be a sad day for the Trump haters on here and elsewhere with the Nobel Peace Prize Nomination for the Israel UAE peace deal and the Serbia Kosovo deal. Plus following through on his commitment of reducing troops in Iraq by 3000 is all great news for the President Trump. All plays well for November. Democrats and Biden not so much!

That's not even a good attempt at trolling. Must do better, Comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

PropJoe10 wrote: »

The same boilerplate post has been made by others several times already today. It's lazy at best.

Why would it be a sad day?

Second time same person nominated him as far as I know, and the result will be the same I'd say?

Or proof that him being a cu*t lead to the death of a lot of his fellow citizens?

Fairly noticeable however that given the latest recording of him being his usual self, certain people are trying very hard to grasp this nobel prize straw and ignoring that his actions lead to the death of a lot of his fellow citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The same boilerplate post has been made by others several times already today. It's lazy at best.

If that's the best that they can come up with, they're in trouble. It's quite noticeable that some of the usual candidates don't seem to have much to say this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I hope neither of them win. Both are idiots in their own way.

But since Tulsi Gabbard isn't in the race I guess we have to watch dumb and dumber fight it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, I hope neither of them win. Both are idiots in their own way.

But since Tulsi Gabbard isn't in the race I guess we have to watch dumb and dumber fight it out.

But given the reality that, despite your wish, one of them must win, which would you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Out of these two then Trump, I doubt Biden will be a better president and that Trump has broken a 39-year-old streak of American Presidents either starting a war or bringing the United States into an international armed conflict.

Whereas Biden helped start the Iraq war, Trump is now pulling out troops (just in time for election day as it happens).

You?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Billy Mays wrote: »
    What a surprise the clapping seals are nowhere to be seen in this thread this evening :pac: :pac:
    PropJoe10 wrote: »

Mod: Wind it in, both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Out of these two then Trump, I doubt Biden will be a better president and that Trump has broken a 39-year-old streak of American Presidents either starting a war or bringing the United States into an international armed conflict.

Whereas Biden helped start the Iraq war, Trump is now pulling out troops (just in time for election day as it happens).

You?

Biden is dismal when it comes to foreign policy as Iraq proved.

Trump is more disappointing though as he sees better than many how awful America's interventionism has been but hasn't done anything about it.

Regarding war,,,he wanted to invade Venezuela but did not want to do the work and has been very much Saudi Arabia and Israel first type guy and when you see what those 2 nations are doing.............:eek:

He has threatened to pull troops before from those forever wars but nothing comes from it instead he just re deploys them elsewhere.

I'd like to be proved wrong but I see him backing down quickly from those statements last week once the hawks of the GOP speak to him.

I think when it comes to picking between these 2 best to focus on other stuff as neither are exactly doves no matter what their die hard supporters might say.

• Advertisement

You?

You never explained why you posted shíte by this guy.

Is this where you get your news from? It's not even fit for the CT forum.

Here's more from this guy.

Multiple sources? Hmmm...I wonder will Trump fans believe in these sources...

Looking through this guy's Twitter feed - he seems legit:

https://twitter.com/AmericaTalks/status/1284471025044987904

https://twitter.com/AmericaTalks/status/1254081004500738048

https://twitter.com/AmericaTalks/status/1242520184004284416

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,827 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

You never explained why you posted shíte by this guy.

Is this where you get your news from? It's not even fit for the CT forum. [\quote]

So Biko provides a valid opinion on who he thinks will win and your go-to response is to bring up some old post to belittle Biko"s opinion?
    Sorry that tactic won't work and just makes you look petty!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,711 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You?

Trump is doing is damnedest to start one, only he's looking for it to take place on home soil.

Trumps strategy to not engage in foreign affairs of a security and military persuasion extended to letting Saudi Arabia away with killing and dismembering an American Citizen, allowing Russia to put bounties on US soldiers and abandoning the Kurds within the SDF in Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You?

Are we pretending that Obama and Biden didn’t withdraw troops, and weren’t crucified for doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    Are we pretending that Obama and Biden didn’t withdraw troops, and weren’t crucified for doing so?

Apparently so, it seems they only sent troops in and now Trump is the saviour of those soldiers and will bring them all home. The fact he hasn't donenit yet is because he has been too busy but he promises he will get around to it any day now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What Trump did, could it be classed as genocide?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

biko wrote:

Trump managed to potentially start a war, in America!

You?

I would vote for Biden. The US needs a capable politician leading them through very difficult times. They need somebody of experience, that is willing to listen to experts. They need someone that can work not only in a bi-partisan way, but actually get his own party on the same level.

They need someone that doesn't lie, all the time.

What 39-year streak? What war did Obama start?

How did Biden help start the Iraq war? That was a republican POTUS (GWB) and the GoP. The Senate, House and the American people were lied to. Based on the evidence presented by the GWB WH, their seemed to be a imminent risk from Iraq. But none of that falls on Biden.

He is indeed pulling troops out of Iraw, or has at least announced it. But do you know the number of US troops based abroad now v's when Obama finished?

How many drone strikes has Trump allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bob Woodward sitting in a lifeboat, watching the Titanic sink:

“This seems like a good time to mention I have a recording of that iceberg letting us know it was gonna be in the way.”

Bob Woodward sitting in a lifeboat, watching the Titanic sink:

“This seems like a good time to mention I have a recording of that iceberg letting us know it was gonna be in the way.”

There are certainly a question on having such information, but would it really have made a difference?

Are people really of the view that Trump would have changed course if only people had known how serious it was? THere were plenty of people pointing out that exactly, and many questions were asked about either Trump knew and didn't care, or didn't know and therefore the US system of protection was completely broken. Neither was a good look for Trump.

Is there anybody really of the opinion that Trump wasn't fully aware of the reality?

But just as now, Trump would turn the argument to the journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

This election has now become a battle between a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, and a nearly 80 year old loon whose best argument is "hey I'm not the other guy"

ELM327 wrote: »
    This election has now become a battle between a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, and a nearly 80 year old loon whose best argument is "hey I'm not the other guy"

hes certainly after bringing peace to his own country! what a sham! who really is the loon here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »
    There are certainly a question on having such information, but would it really have made a difference?

Are people really of the view that Trump would have changed course if only people had known how serious it was? THere were plenty of people pointing out that exactly, and many questions were asked about either Trump knew and didn't care, or didn't know and therefore the US system of protection was completely broken. Neither was a good look for Trump.

Is there anybody really of the opinion that Trump wasn't fully aware of the reality?

But just as now, Trump would turn the argument to the journalist.

Instead of sitting on this for his millionth book, Bob Woodward should have taken a lesson from that journalist who helped bring down Nixon through aggressive daily reporting of the scandal to reveal crucial information to the public

the one Redford played

I forget his name

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yet the “Nearly 80 year old loon” Is far and away the better candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hes certainly after bringing peace to his own country! what a sham! who really is the loon here?

In fairness Trump is not responsible for the actions of the superwoke. I'd imagine there's zero crossover between the superwoke and trump supporter base.

salmocab wrote: »
    Yet the “Nearly 80 year old loon” Is far and away the better candidate.

Guess we'll see.

In fairness Trump is not responsible for the actions of the superwoke. I'd imagine there's zero crossover between the superwoke and trump supporter base.

Guess we'll see.

'superwoke', more bullsh1t terms, its clearly obvious this guys an idiot, and a dangerous idiot at that

Instead of sitting on this for his millionth book, Bob Woodward should have taken a lesson from that journalist who helped bring down Nixon through aggressive daily reporting of the scandal to reveal crucial information to the public

the one Redford played

I forget his name

Would it though? We all saw the impeachment, where the GoP refused to even listen. The only 'news' to this book is that Trump openly admitted it on tape, nobody can be actually surprised that Trump knew the reality, surely?

Trump knew all about it but chose to downplay to try to keep the economy going long enough to get to the November election. You don't need a Woodword book to tell you that. All it does it 100% back it up.

Are you expecting Trump supporters to suddenly start ot take the virus seriously now? That people will stop going to rallies? Start wearing masks? That Trump will stop pretending that everything is perfrectly fine?

Fox News took the angle yesterday that it was somehow Graham fault, or the journalists fault. It is never Trump. It is never a question of his decisions.

When the story came out is irrelevant. It is nothing but a deflection tactic to try to shir the narrative away from POTUS who took a deliberate decision to put more people in harms way for the simple reason as to try to enhance his prospects of winning reelection.

We all know Trump is not responsible for anything at all.

It's been a while since I've seen so much hay made from so little.

He got a nomination from some crank and you'd swear that he actually won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'superwoke', more bullsh1t terms, its clearly obvious this guys an idiot, and a dangerous idiot at that

Well labelling is the rights thing, lefty loons, libtards, sleepy joe, superwoke They use name calling as a weapon because otherwise their arsenal is pretty empty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement