Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

salmocab wrote: »
    Well labelling is the rights thing, lefty loons, libtards, sleepy joe, superwoke They use name calling as a weapon because otherwise their arsenal is pretty empty.

It's easier than making a well-reasoned defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Looks like the Russians are up to no good again.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1303979247980220417?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's been a while since I've seen so much hay made from so little.

He got a nomination from some crank and you'd swear that he actually won it.
    How many Nobels have you been nominated for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Instead of sitting on this for his millionth book, Bob Woodward should have taken a lesson from that journalist who helped bring down Nixon through aggressive daily reporting of the scandal to reveal crucial information to the public

the one Redford played

I forget his name

Don't blame the bearer of the news; it's news. It's on tape. It's fact. He's not the same man he was in the '70s (when he didn't vote for Nixon despite being a registered Republican.)

Looks like the Russians are up to no good again.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1303979247980220417?s=19
    The left and the MSM getting the excuses in already!

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'superwoke', more bullsh1t terms, its clearly obvious this guys an idiot, and a dangerous idiot at that
    What term would you prefer for those who are "peacefully protesting" alleged endemic violence with burning looting mobs?

ELM327 wrote: »

I suppose there'll have to be another collusion investigation when Trump wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Igotadose wrote: »
    Don't blame the bearer of the news; it's news. It's on tape. It's fact. He's not the same man he was in the '70s (when he didn't vote for Nixon despite being a registered Republican.)

i'm not blaming woodward for the news. I'm blaming him for sitting on it for 6 months. and I know people are saying that it would have made no difference if he had released it earlier but Woodward could not have known that 6 months ago. He sat on it because he wanted to save it for his book. this was just about money for him. If it resulted in extra deaths then that is a price he was willing to let others pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What term would you prefer for those who are "peacefully protesting" alleged endemic violence with burning looting mobs?

Are you saying all people who are exercising their constitutional guarded rights are all looters and rioters?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

these protests are clearly not peaceful, trump has played a critical role in inciting them, he has little or no interest in other humans, hes a typical cluster b narcissist, creates disruption by any means, ultimately for personal gain

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Are you saying all people who are exercising their constitutional guarded rights are all looters and rioters?

Anyone excersising their right to peaceful protest, no. But these mobs are burning down buildings. That's not peaceful.

these protests are clearly not peaceful, trump has played a critical role in inciting them, he has little or no interest in other humans, hes a typical cluster b narcissist, creates disruption by any means, ultimately for personal gain

Or these people could just, you know, not burn down and attack property and people who have actually bothered to work and build up a business. Or a nice house etc.

Or these people could just, you know, not burn down and attack property and people who have actually bothered to work and build up a business. Or a nice house etc.

of course they could and should, but they are expressing anger, humans dont exactly behave rationally when extremely angry, this administration has done everything in its abilities to incite this growing anger, with trump playing a critical role, as explained

• Registered Users Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

i'm not blaming woodward for the news. I'm blaming him for sitting on it for 6 months. and I know people are saying that it would have made no difference if he had released it earlier but Woodward could not have known that 6 months ago. He sat on it because he wanted to save it for his book. this was just about money for him. If it resulted in extra deaths then that is a price he was willing to let others pay.

Is it known what restrictions he was under when interviewing Trump? "I'm interviewing you for a book to be published in the Fall" versus "I can share anything I gather in these interviews anytime I want with whoever I want?"

Did the #IMPOTUS's team get to review the book or have the right to refuse publication without prior review? I think the latter kind of is typical and maybe this is the soonest the book could've been published.

of course they could and should, but they are expressing anger, humans dont exactly behave rationally when extremely angry, this administration has done everything in its abilities to incite this growing anger, with trump playing a critical role, as explained
    "Ah diddums, you ok, wanna go down and burn a business to the ground make you feel better"

People have this (or should have) thing called personal responsibility. If I were Trump I'd be making sure those criminals in BLM that organised these burnings would be tried and convicted.

"Ah diddums, you ok, wanna go down and burn a business to the ground make you feel better"

People have this (or should have) thing called personal responsibility. If I were Trump I'd be making sure those criminals in BLM that organised these burnings would be tried and convicted.

the usual trotted out bullsh1t, again, this is an extreme expression of anger, it is a wrong method of processing it, but it is understandable, trump probably has been the most dangerous president, and not just for america, be wary of the narcissists!

Of course he won't convict him, any propagators of racial tension (astroturfed are not) are playing to Trump's base. Hur-dur-black-man-bad

the usual trotted out bullsh1t, again, this is an extreme expression of anger, it is a wrong method of processing it, but it is understandable, trump probably has been the most dangerous president, and not just for america, be wary of the narcissists!

There's absolutely no excuses for violence and looting there shouldn't be any debate about it.

I don't care how angry someone is burning down people's businesses and homes is never acceptable, understandable or excusable and if you believe it is then you are contributing to the problem because you are enabling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

When Mueller said there was a lot of interference, whi was he "making excuses" for? When US intelligence services said similar who were they "making excuses" for? And when a Republican led bipartisan senate commission came to the same conclusion, who were they "making excuses" for?

Has it occurred to you that perhaps everyone else isn't lying abkut this with Trump and his goons being the only ones telling the truth? Especially on the back of Trump being recorded about lying to the US public despite it having cost likely well over 100,000 lives?

Isn't it funny that the clapping seals come on talking about the riots again on the morning when Trump's lies are exposed on tape saying that he knew how deadly the Coronavirus was but played it down because he didn't want to cause a panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The amount of straw-grasping going on in this thread is quite staggering. "Whataboutism" is an old Soviet propaganda tool, funnily enough. And it seems to be in fine fettle around these parts!

• Advertisement

There's absolutely no excuses for violence and looting there shouldn't any debate about it.

I don't care how angry someone is burning down people's businesses and homes is never acceptable, understandable or excusable and if you believe it is then you are contributing to the problem because you are enabling it.

of course people shouldnt engage in such activities, those doing so, should be arrested and charged accordingly, but it does happen from rising anger. again, this administration has done everything it can to incite these acts, they have played a critical role in these outcomes

of course people shouldnt engage in such activities, those doing so, should be arrested and charged accordingly, but it does happen from rising anger. again, this administration has done everything it can to incite these acts, they have played a critical role in these outcomes

I don't see how the administration has done anything to incite these acts, as people are responsible for their own actions no one is forcing them out onto the streets to burn down businesses and properties. So we'll just have to disagree there as I don't want go round in circles talking about who is or isn't responsible for the rioting and looting as it's been discussed to death already.

I don't see how the administration has done anything to incite these acts, as people are responsible for their own actions no one is forcing them out onto the streets to burn down businesses and properties. So we'll just have to disagree there as I don't want go round in circles talking about who is or isn't responsible for the rioting and looting as it's been discussed to death already.

but it truly needs to be discussed further, this potentially could be the most dangerous administration ever, and not just for america

but it truly needs to be discussed further, this potentially could be the most dangerous administration ever, and not just for america

There's not much point discussing it when neither of us are going to change our POVs. There's nothing you could say that would convince me that Trump and his administration are responsible for the actions of rioters and looters. As no one is forcing them out onto the streets to do what they are doing.

I highly doubt that you'll change your POV of blaming Trump and his administration for the rioting and the looting.

So what is left to discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This election has now become a battle between a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, and a nearly 80 year old loon whose best argument is "hey I'm not the other guy"

Nah it's more like

This election has now become a battle between an idiot who let circa 200,000 people die because he lied, and a nearly 80 year old gentleman who is the best chance American's have of fixing the country

There's not much point discussing it when neither of us are going to change our POVs. There's nothing you could say that would convince me that Trump and his administration are responsible for the actions of rioters and looters. As no one is forcing them out onto the streets to do what they are doing.

I highly doubt that you'll change your POV of blaming Trump and his administration for the rioting and the looting.

maybe theres more than just both us to discuss this matter

maybe theres more than just both us to discuss this matter

Fair enough but I'm fairly certain the other people that would discuss it, would fall into either side of the debate that I've already mentioned so I don't really see the point of it being discussed again tbh.

What do you think about Trump lying to the american people saying 'it would disappear like a miracle', when in truth (by his own words) he knew how deadly it was

Nah it's more like
    Yeah, 47 years in politics but the next 4 is where he really makes the difference :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah, 47 years in politics but the next 4 is where he really makes the difference :rolleyes:

he could, but he is an absolute dreadful candidate, so maybe not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement