Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Danzy wrote: »
    The good outways the bad. His bad is largely just talk.

The minimal amout of good he's done does not outweigh the massive steaming pile of rubbish his administration has been.

Gutting the EPA, opening up national parks for oil exploration, taking funding away from research and investment into renewable energy, withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, defunding the WHO mid pandemic, moving the US embassy to Jerusalem, giving a massive tax cut to the rich that'll be paid for by the next president in new taxes etc....

These aren't just talk. But on top of them , the talk is dangerous.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's a tiny country heavily under the influence of the USA. In terms of peace in the Middle East this treaty is meaningless. It's a molehill dressed up as a mountain and does nothing other than fool some of the American electorate while diverting attention away from Trump's support of Israel as they ramp up their mistreatment of Palestinians.

I agree it's being exaggerated, but it's still a positive.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭westdublin

Brian? wrote: »

Agreed that anything that can normalise relations between countries in the Middle East is a good thing.

But this is not a peace deal its a glorified trade deal between two countries who have been in contact for years.
    And lets not forget the absolute **** show he caused with the whole US Jerusalem embassy stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump reflects American ignorance of Middle Eastern politics and geography. He is America.

A lot of Americans have more in common with Trump than they'd like to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Brian? wrote: »

How is it a positive? An American lapdog sucks up to Israel. Apart from deceptive optics for Trump and Israel, cui bono? Certainly not the Palestinians who have described it as a "stab in the back" and have withdrawn their ambassador.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Trump Nobel prize nomination got the TDS overflowing at Atlantic.
    End the Nobel Peace Prize
    The Trump nomination shows that peace had its chance, and blew it.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/end-nobel-peace-prize/616300/

biko wrote: »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/end-nobel-peace-prize/616300/

In what way was the "TDS" overflowing? Please do explain your point.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

tenor.gif

So it was just in your mind :rolleyes:

tenor.gif

Yes. Why break the habit of a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This one?https://twitter.com/PeaceLovinRobot/status/1304434358841999360

• Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Trump reflects American ignorance of Middle Eastern politics and geography. He is America.

A lot of Americans have more in common with Trump than they'd like to admit.

Ignorance of Middle Eastern politics and geography are not uniquely an American trait.

Plenty of people around these parts don't seem to have a great gip on it either.

Ignorance of Middle Eastern politics and geography are not uniquely an American trait.

Plenty of people around these parts don't seem to have a great gip on it either.

But they don't tend to bomb Middle Eastern countries.

His Ignorance about the agreement also shows that he doesn't micro manage, he doesn't have a clue, civil servants or whatever, carry on the functions of the US government.

That just maybe, he isn't this astute dictator in waiting, people seem obsessed with the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

tenor.gif

Yeah! Take that Libtards!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

tenor.gif

Mod: Hardly a solid argument. If you're not willing to discuss the topic properly, then don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will be very curious as to what October surprises we see this year. There were various rumours as to damaging recordings last time around for both candidates. How knows what 2020 will bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

But they don't tend to bomb Middle Eastern countries.

Nah we just let the planes refuel at Shannon on the way to bombing.

Nothing to see here folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Ian O Doherty in his usual pro Trump articles repeats Trumps claim that all the unrest in the US cities is in those under Democratic control. I can’t find any evidence of this online

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Danzy wrote: »
    ?

Which bit was confusing for you?

Although I am pretty certain you are just trying to make me waste time writing self-explanatory things down, since told by a mod I suppose I will have to do it anyway;

It is TDS when a leftists publication wants to cancel a prize awarded brilliant people like Nadia Murad, Malala Yousafzai and Tawakkol Karman just because Trump is nominated a couple times.

The "journalist" shows symptoms in the article itself
    “Can you name a person who has done more for peace than President Trump?” Tybring-Gjedde asked me, insisting that the question was a serious one.

His nomination of Trump strikes me as preposterous.

The Trump nomination—one of hundreds, including this second from a Swede—helps show why.

No one here seems to object when last president Obama won the prize, something opposed by even Obama supporters and the Nobel secretary himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Although I am pretty certain you are just trying to make me waste time writing self-explanatory things down, since told by a mod I suppose I will have to do it anyway;

It is TDS when a leftists publication wants to cancel a prize awarded brilliant people like Nadia Murad, Malala Yousafzai and Tawakkol Karman just because Trump is nominated a couple times.

“Can you name a person who has done more for peace than President Trump?” Tybring-Gjedde asked me, insisting that the question was a serious one.

The Trump nomination—one of hundreds, including this second from a Swede—helps show why.

No one here seems to object when last president Obama won the prize, something opposed by even Obama supporters and the Nobel secretary himself.

Actually a lot of people objected to Obama winning it including me. You’ve taken one dumb journalists opinion and are trying to imply that it represents the opinions of many when it doesn’t really. Why do you constantly do that I wonder?

Then you are wrong. I was asking you to engage in meaningful discussion though I was pretty certain you would drop your usual one-liner and run away. This time you surprised me as you actually responded. With a stupid meme.

To Trump's nomination. The nomination is simply a sad publicity stunt by an obscure far right Norwegian climate change denier. He pulled the same stupid stunt in 2018. In 2018, it was for Trump's work on improving relations with North Korea. Hahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

To Trump's nomination. The nomination is simply a sad publicity stunt by an obscure far right Norwegian climate change denier. He pulled the same stupid stunt in 2018. In 2018, it was for Trump's work on improving relations with North Korea. Hahahahaha.

President Trump (among others) has also received another nomination from a Swedish politician this week.

https://twitter.com/magnusjacobsson/status/1304396176612040705

President Trump (among others) has also received another nomination from a Swedish politician this week.

https://twitter.com/magnusjacobsson/status/1304396176612040705

Did he not nominate the US, Serbian and Kosovan governments? Which would be an entirely different nomination. For instance, the EU was nominated for, and won, the Nobel Peace Prize.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Actually a lot of people objected to Obama winning it including me.
    Cool, just dig up that old post and I will believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Cool, just dig up that old post and I will believe you.
    MadYaker joined boards.ie in December 2010. Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

MadYaker joined boards.ie in December 2010. Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.

Does that somehow stop me having an opinion on it at the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does that somehow stop me having an opinion on it at the time?
    Well no, my problem was with biko asking you to dig up an old post proving that you were against it. You joined over a year after the award of Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, so asking you to prove yourself by digging up an old post is ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement