Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

salmocab wrote: »
    The bigger point would be though how does one know MSM is all biased unless one reads it, it’s like they’ve been told it’s all biased and just accept it.

Once you connect the dots yourself you know it's biased so you don't need anyone to tell you that it's biased.

Are CNN and fox news not biased?

There was a time when I viewed and believed MSM but not anymore.

Once you connect the dots yourself you know it's biased so you don't need anyone to tell you that it's biased.

Everywhere you've cited as your sources are heavily biased...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Main story on the BBC today is David Cameron speaking out against the Brexit withdrawal agreement. They have a video interview with him up on the site.

I don't believe it though. Obviously digitally manipulated by the nasty MSM.

Look its very simple. If it isn't some random unqualified, unemployed person talking directly into a webcam in their childhood bedroom its not trustworthy.

I'd consider those to be acceptably biased since they don't try to hide their biases like the MSM do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,884 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd consider those to be acceptably biased since they don't try to hide their biases like the MSM do.

You find them acceptable because they say what you agree with regardless of absense of proof or logic. It's not acceptable bias, it's confirmation bias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

We can boil lessoutrageplz dot connecting down to this - "When they say good things about trump they're not biased and telling the truth, but when they say bad things about him they are biased and lying"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That’s nonsensical, join what dots? You believe they are biased but don’t read it, that makes zero sense.
    You however do read things that are openly biased because you think that 2 or 3 times a year they get it right. I’d be very confident that MSM from all sides is right a hell of a lot more than that.
    The reality is you’ve been told that it’s fake news and are happy to believe that.

You previously claimed your sources weren't biased in terms of ownership etc... So you weren't aware...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There it is, the final nail in the credibility coffin.

Only a certain few can "join the dots", They do this by ignoring most media outlets and instead use one that they themselves readily admit to being 99% wrong.

You couldn't make this up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think that you're confusing honesty with bias.

All publications will have some form of bias - they have to select what they publish, after all.

Honesty is another measurement. Some publications have more rigorous fact-checking than others. Some make stuff up, others are looser with checking sources and others demand multiple sources before they publish.

It's perfectly possible to be heavily biased and factual and it's also possible to have little political bias while being completely false.

Then there's the difference between factual reporting and editorial content. Editorial content is just opinion. Understanding the difference isn't difficult but they get mixed up all the time. For example, the AP reports events while Ben Shapiro spends 30 minutes telling you why you should be angry at liberals for it. In 5 seconds, the AP leaves you better informed than 30 minutes with a talking head.

It all depends on what you want though. If you want talking heads on youtube to confirm your beliefs every day, you have the right approach. If you want to be informed, you're going about it the wrong way.

• Advertisement

There it is, the final nail in the credibility coffin.

Only a certain few can "join the dots", They do this by ignoring most media outlets and instead use one that they themselves readily admit to being 99% wrong.

You couldn't make this up :pac:

According to you and other posters my credibility was gone the second I said I support Trump and that I'd vote for him over Biden.

So I had no credibility to lose since I had none to begin with.

I'll just stay in my bubble and everyone that wants to can stay in their MSM bubble because god forbid you get any news from any other sources other than the almighty forever honest unbiased MSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump now several points ahead in Iowa.

He should carry it, though it often flips from party to party.

Given its solid working class population and that its economy is as far from Wall St. And Silicon valley as one can get in America, he should carry it and has to if he has any chance

According to you and other posters my credibility was gone the second I said I support Trump and that I'd vote for him over Biden.

So I had no credibility to lose since I had none to begin with.

I'll just stay in my bubble and everyone that wants to can stay in their MSM bubble because god forbid you get any news from any other sources other than the almighty forever honest unbiased MSM.

Please provide evidence for this claim you have made against me or apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

In fairness Timberrrrrr, take the most intense Trump Trump Loyalist online and you'd be their mirror image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

What left-wing sites do you look up for news, LessOutragePlz?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Danzy wrote: »
    Trump now several points ahead in Iowa.

He should carry it, though it often flips from party to party.

Given its solid working class population and that its economy is as far from Wall St. And Silicon valley as one can get in America, he should carry it and has to if he has any chance

Trump has always been ahead in iowa

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/iowa/

What left-wing sites do you look up for news, LessOutragePlz?

CNN and MSNBC you gotta keep an eye on what the opposition are saying.

Danzy wrote: »
    In fairness Timberrrrrr, take the most intense Trump Trump Loyalist online and you'd be their mirror image.

I dont appreciate people making untrue claims against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Your credibility is not out the door when voting for trump. Its the flawed reasoning as to why you vote for trump that could have an effect on your credibility.

The evidence is available all throughout this thread and other Trump threads the hatred for Trump and his supporters is easy for everyone to see.

You can't be a decent human being and a Trump supporter only Biden supporters are good people.

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Your credibility is not out the door when voting for trump. Its the flawed reasoning as to why you vote for trump that could have an effect on your credibility.

Is there any reason that voting for Trump is not flawed in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I have yet to see a reason for voting for Trump that isn't flawed. I don't hate people that voted for Trump, what I dislike is that when the facts are presented to them that they refuse to accept them and look to blame others.

I cannot see why anyone would vote for Trump alfter he presided over the Covid 19 response and the soon to be dead 200k Americans. That anyone would even contemplate voting for such a failed individual, never mind all the other nonsense, is IMO a deleliction of their duty to protect the country and their fellow citizens.

From a wider world context, he had undoubtedly made things worse in terms of the climate change response, international cooperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

You can't be a decent human being and a Trump supporter only Biden supporters are good people.

There must be some out there! :pac:

But seriously, I think its fair to question "goodness" of someone who happily votes for someone who is themselves morally questionable (and that is an accurate statement because his morality has been questioned).

The bigger issue is that in a two party system, a lot of people will be forced to vote for a candidate they may see as questionable because for them its the lesser of two evils. An endorsement for Trump or Biden is not necessarily that, but more 'not an endorsement' for the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Is there any reason that voting for Trump is not flawed in your opinion?

Again ... Anyone is free to vote for the man that in itself cannot be considered "flawed" imo, however many of the reasons used as to why Trump is their man are flawed and wont hold in an honest debate ... as is shown on various threads on boards

The evidence is available all throughout this thread and other Trump threads the hatred for Trump and his supporters is easy for everyone to see.

You made a claim specifically about me, either back up your claim with evidence or retract your claim/lie and delete the post.

If you wish I can report the offending post and let mods deal with it but I would prefer not to go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

CNN and MSNBC you gotta keep an eye on what the opposition are saying.
    Sorry, I mean sites that are generally considered left wing and not part of the mainstream media. Which openly left wing sites do you check for legitimate news stories?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

sydthebeat wrote: »

His lead this cycle is less than half of what it was at the same point in 2016 as well - 1.7% RCP average vs 4.3% in 2016

Sorry, I mean sites that are generally considered left wing and not part of the mainstream media. Which openly left wing sites do you check for legitimate news stories?

itsgoingdown.org

roarmag.org

theintercept.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If you wish I can report the offending post and let mods deal with it but I would prefer not to go that route.

Mod: quit trying to strong-arm a response/reaction this way. If you have a problem with a post, report it. Otherwise debate or ignore it.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That anyone would even contemplate voting for such a failed individual, never mind all the other nonsense, is IMO a deleliction of their duty to protect the country and their fellow citizens.

And what if a person believes that Biden being president for the next 4 years presents a bigger threat to the future of America than trump does.

Would that same person not feel as though it would be a dereliction of their duty to protect their country and fellow citizens by voting for Biden?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement