Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No but it's very hard to be Informed on what is posted there unless you go to the dark side and see if for yourself.

Otherwise you're relying on what other people or outlets tell you that is posted there.

You linked to whitehouse.gov is that the dark side?

You’ve stopped making much sense in your last few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

briany wrote: »
    Hold on, the word 'reform' is defined as making a change, especially one of a positive nature. Given the way Trump's conducted himself so far, it's hard to say that a return to the presidential style of old, as Biden promises, wouldn't represent a kind of reform at this point.

"Kind of" isn't reform though. Reform means the complete change of big picture stuff on an institutional level. Universal healthcare, gun control, ending a war, regulating Wall St, economical reform, educational changes like college fees etc. Big broad life changing policies.

So far, Bidens message just seems to be "Vote for me, I'm nicer than Trump". Meaning the election is focused on Trump either way.

But we've still a bit to go and Im hoping the Dems have a proper rollout policy in place and we're only seeing fluffy stuff so far. Biden did come out against the NRA yesterday so maybe we'll start see him get serious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Overheal wrote: »
    You linked to whitehouse.gov is that the dark side?

You’ve stopped making much sense in your last few posts.

You asked if it is hard to be informed on what QAnon posts that was my response. I linked the Whitehouse page in response to a different question I was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

He has built the wall as promised.

He has drained the swamp and exposed the deep state as promised.

He has Made America Great Again as promised.

I believe that will continue to Keep America Great for another 4 years or at least do a better job of doing so than Biden would.
    In what way is America currently great, that was not true in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

If a person believes that he has lived up to his previous campaign promise of Making America Great Again and they believe that he will continue to keep America Great or at least do a better job than Biden of doing so.

Is that reasoning flawed?

There is nothing wrong or flawed If you believe that to be the case. As long as you don't present your believes as being factual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I believe that will continue to Keep America Great for another 4 years or at least do a better job of doing so than Biden would.

No he hasn't and Mexico didn't pay for the bits that were built either as he promised.

He indulged in the swamp. Golf trips to his own resorts costing the tax payers money directly into his pocket / hired a bunch of criminals on his staff and billionaires to his cabinet.

Massive unemployment / 200k dead from a catastrophic response to the virus etc. You might think that's great but it's more in the total disaster bracket.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No he hasn't and Mexico didn't pay for the bits that were built either as he promised.

He indulged in the swamp. Golf trips to his own resorts costing the tax payers money directly into his pocket / hired a bunch of criminals on his staff and billionaires to his cabinet.

Massive unemployment / 200k dead from a catastrophic response to the virus etc. You might think that's great but it's more in the total disaster bracket.

Ah but he's owning the left etc apparently according to his supporters, and even at that he seems to be failing at this

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

namloc1980 wrote: »

Didn't trump jr also campaign as part of the "we build the wall" project/scam? Along with a lot of Trump's other mates?
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-build-the-wall-indictment/index.html
    4 charged with fraud so far

This is an excellent watch on the border wall or as Trump puts it "the super duper wall"...it's been a flop unsurprisingly, parts of it collapsing, new sections also easy to get over.... but it has helped line the pockets of a lot of Trump's supporters...standard
    https://youtu.be/3ZRE6uVMDAo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lol. According to CBP, 317 miles had been completed by September 8. As of May 2020, only 16 miles out of 194 miles of wall constructed under the Trump administration was not replacement fencing. He said Mexico would pay for it, however, that didn't happen. Trump's wall will cost the American taxpayer an estimated $45 billion.
    According to a 2020 study, the potential welfare benefits from constructing Trump's proposed border wall (if illegal immigration is reduced massively, with potential increases in the wages of local American low-skilled workers) are substantially smaller than the cost of constructing the wall.
    Additionally, a private organization called We Build The Wall constructed 0.5 miles (0.80 km) of new wall on private property near El Paso, Texas, with Trump's encouragement. By August 2020, some of its leaders, including Steve Bannon, were arrested on allegations of defrauding hundreds of thousands of dollars. This case is ongoing.

What a success that wall has been!

Drained the swamp?? He has a number of his children and in-laws working in his administration, none of whom have a notion how to run a bath, let alone the roles they've been gifted. How is that level of nepotism 'draining the swamp'?

To date, at least 7 of Trump's associates have been arrested and/or indicted. These include Steve Bannon, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen and George Papadopoulos. The only swamp being drained belongs to Trump himself. Trump himself has been impeached.

Exposed the deep state? What exactly do you believe the deep state is and how has he exposed it?

Made America great?! 194k deaths from Coronavirus. Protests on the streets. 18 million Americans unemployed. California skies are filled with smoke from widespread wildfires.

Yeah, it's the sort of Utopian existence we all dream of living in...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

No doubt this situation will form part of the election narrative.

BLM riots have broken out in Pennsylvania after a person of color was shot dead by police. The deceased, Ricardo Munoz, had a violent criminal history.

Police were called to a domestic disturbance and upon arriving, were charged at by Munoz who was wielding a large knife. The officer tried to get away but Munoz was too fast, meaning the officer had no choice but to shoot. The whole incident was caught on bodycam and the footage has been released.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/14/ricardo-munoz-shooting-death-police-protests-pennsylvania

After a Pennsylvania police officer fatally shot a man during a domestic disturbance call on Sunday afternoon, street protests were dispersed with teargas.

Not sure why they are being refereed to as "protests", they are clearly riots...

Hundreds took to the streets of Lancaster following the shooting, a crowd forming outside the police station. The department said multiple buildings and government vehicles were damaged.

Some footage of the riots:

Here is a video of the shooting (warning disturbing content):

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I see the president has accepted to take part in an extra debate hosted by Joe Rogan but Biden had refused to comment yet.

Regarding the Ricardo Munoz situation. I think it is very unfortunate that the man has died. I wish it could have been different. However, it is my opinion that he should have been shot in the circumstances he put himself into. The officer had no choice but to shoot, it is as clear as day from the footage. There is no need for the protests/riots in PA, this man was not shot because of his race.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I see the president has accepted to take part in an extra debate hosted by Joe Rogan but Biden had refused to comment yet.

If course the clown wants to be front and centre when the circus comes to town, Biden should just say "No thanks, The three planned debates are enough" and leave it at that.

Indeed, more info:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516288-trump-says-hes-interested-in-debate-hosted-by-joe-rogan

One of the dumbest things I’ve heard this cycle. Trump however is clearly strangely eager as an incumbent to get as much debate time in as he can, knowing he will lose this race outright if he fails at the debates.

Trump flustering about such as hoc debates is nothing new: he famously challenged Bernie to a 1v1 debate during the primaries in 2016 being vocal in his belief Bernie wouldn’t accept. To his chagrin, Bernie absolutely did accept his offer, to which Trump instantly backpedaled.

All Trump does with these silly ideas is feed meat to plebs.

Biden should just say "No thanks, The three planned debates are enough" and leave it at that.

In your opinion, what would be the harm of him doing the extra debate?

It’s a podcast. This is not seriously up for consideration.

The best organization to handle presidential debates is the Cmte for Presidential Debates.

Overheal wrote: »
    One of the dumbest things I’ve heard this cycle.

Could you explain why you think it is dumb? I' dont understand what is dumb about asking for an extra debate. Surly it is good for the voters? Especially if it were to be hosted by Joe Rogan who has a massive, young audience. It could increase voter turnout massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Joe Rogan? Sweet Jesus. Is this election not enough of a circus already?

Surely Joe Biden's suggestion of a rolling fact checker during the debates would be more helpful for voters? Funnily enough, Trump has refused to comment on that suggestion.

• Advertisement

Could you explain why you think it is dumb? I' dont understand what is dumb about asking for an extra debate. Surly it is good for the voters? Especially if it were to be hosted by Joe Rogan who has a massive, young audience. It could increase voter turnout massively.

I already did. It’s not a serious idea.

Why give Trump the air time to shout and waffle? Why bow to his requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Even the fact that it's hosted by Joe Rogan should be dismissed immediately. He is a woeful broadcaster, and despite his popularity, has the credibility of Rush/Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

This is beyond delusional stuff, nothing more than sloganeering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Rogan disqualified himself as a moderator in April when he said he would vote for Trump rather than Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Ah but he's owning the left etc apparently according to his supporters, and even at that he seems to be failing at this

Always cracks me up listening to Americans talking about the left there as if they had one. The Democrats economically are at best centre right.

Rogan disqualified himself as a moderator in April when he said he would vote for Trump rather than Biden.

Didnt know that

rosser44 wrote: »
    This is beyond delusional stuff, nothing more than sloganeering.

Thats one way of putting it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Didnt know that

Here's the quote:

“I’d rather vote for Trump than Biden, I don’t think Biden can handle anything. You’re relying entirely on his cabinet. If you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can’t do that. And we don’t know what the fúck he’ll be like after a year in office."

Would make his moderation seem ever so slightly biased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

I like Joe Rogan's podcast, but I can imagine him skinning up halfway through a debate and letting his sidekick Eddie Bravo ask questions such as, "Dude, which one of you guys would tell us where the aliens are?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement