Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Be great to see them do a debate with Joe Rogan. Joe would be a great moderator doubt Biden will agree to it but he could very well prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Here's the quote:

“I’d rather vote for Trump than Biden, I don’t think Biden can handle anything. You’re relying entirely on his cabinet. If you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can’t do that. And we don’t know what the fúck he’ll be like after a year in office."

Would make his moderation seem ever so slightly biased.

Makes him clearly unfit to evenly moderate any sort of debate between Biden and Trump while profiting off his own broadcast. The suggestion is mere distraction.

Overheal wrote: »
    Makes him clearly unfit to evenly moderate any sort of debate between Biden and Trump while profiting off his own broadcast. The suggestion is mere distraction.

Sure every moderator of a presidential debate is going to have to vote for one of the candidates. At least we know where Rogan stands.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Only losers need more debates.

Debates are there for the challenger to score points on the incumbent.

Biden is leading in all the places he needs to be leading right now. There is absolutely nothing to be gained in him giving Trump more air-time.

Even if it was a proper extra debate and not some bizarre side-show with Joe Rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Be great to see them do a debate with Joe Rogan. Joe would be a great moderator doubt Biden will agree to it but he could very well prove me wrong.

Would you be just as happy for, say, Howard Stern to host such a debate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Sure every moderator of a presidential debate is going to have to vote for one of the candidates. At least we know where Rogan stands.

Tell you what would be fair. Two debates. Joe Rogan moderates the first debate. And Alec Baldwin does the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. A debate moderator by definition should be impartial. Yes, they can have their own private views. But those shouldn't affect the debate itself. By publicly backing a candidate, there's not even an appearance of impartiality.

Have Chris Wallace, Steve Scully or Kristen Walker publicly backed one candidate over the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What makes you think he'd be a 'great moderator'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Joe Rogan. I think his heart is often in the right place, and he can facilitate some great discussions. However, he's not a particularly deep thinker and I don't think he challenges his guests enough. Nothing about him makes me think he'd be someone who should host a Presidential debate, even disregarding the fact that he's publicly backed Trump over Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

FFS they will be putting Howard Stern forward for the moderators position next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

FFS they will be putting Howard Stern forward for the moderators position next.

They could wheel out Kanye as the half time act :pac:

duploelabs wrote: »
    What makes you think he'd be a 'great moderator'?

His podcasts are great and he comes across as a clam individual that would be able to handle Trump and give Biden a chance to "own" Trump as many here seem to think he will do in the debates.

It makes him an unfit moderator. Laughable to suggest that candidates would be given even handed questions or equal time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Be fantastic to see it alright. Unfortunately looks like Biden doesn't have the sands to do it.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Only losers need more debates.

Debates are there for the challenger to score points on the incumbent.

Biden is leading in all the places he needs to be leading right now. There is absolutely nothing to be gained in him giving Trump more air-time.

Even if it was a proper extra debate and not some bizarre side-show with Joe Rogan.

Why wouldn't it be a proper debate?

Why wouldn't it be a proper debate?

How would it be a proper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Old Joe Biden had a farm
    e-i-e-i-o
    and on that farm he had uh...uh... you know the thing!
    e-i-e-i-o

Eh5N2wvWsAADTy-?format=jpg&name=medium

Why in Gods name is he wearing a mask when he's been put out to pasture

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Old Joe Biden had a farm
    e-i-e-i-o
    e-i-e-i-o

its called setting a good example

Maybe Trump should try it instead of holding his idiotic rallies during a pandemic. But that would be showing leadership, something #IMPOTUS doesn't have a clue about.

Overheal wrote: »
    How would it be a proper one?

Why wouldn't it be. What just because Rogan doesn't wear a tie and shirt or work for CNN Fox etc.. he can't moderate a debate? Afraid he might ask Biden an actual question and not a lay up?

Why wouldn't it be. What just because Rogan doesn't wear a tie and shirt or work for CNN Fox etc.. he can't moderate a debate? Afraid he might ask Biden an actual question and not a lay up?

Its already been discussed at length for the last 100 posts or so. But I understand clearly this is the more interesting topic for you than confronting, for example, the reality of grotesque human rights abuses being carried out by Trump's administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe Trump should try it instead of holding his idiotic rallies during a pandemic. But that would be showing leadership, something #IMPOTUS doesn't have a clue about.

Trump has an exemption from wearing a mask. it would rub off his makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Old Joe Biden had a farm
    e-i-e-i-o
    e-i-e-i-o

Your efforts to disparage Biden are getting worse by the day. He had the mask on as he came up to the podium as there were other people around but took out off when he spoke. I'll give you 1/10 for that poor effort.

Old Joe Biden had a farm
    e-i-e-i-o
    e-i-e-i-o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1305511403667693568?s=19

He doesn't set a good example because he doesn't care about anyone else except himself.

Look at these white racist Trump supporters

https://twitter.com/WayLightTruth/status/1305605049465425928

Oh hold on a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hands up who had "exploding trees" on their Trump BS bingo card.

Extremely incoherent here again. Talking absolute nonsense.

Also what he doesn't mention is that 57% of forests in California (3% are owned by the state of California) are owned and managed by the federal government so ultimately the buck stops with him on these forest fires. Of course the man has never taken responsibility for anything in his life.

Uh oh, fallen tree better call the bomb squad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Hands up who had "exploding trees" on their Trump BS bingo card.

Extremely incoherent here again. Talking absolute nonsense.

Also what he doesn't mention is that 57% of forests in California (3% are owned by the state of California) are owned and managed by the federal government so ultimately the buck stops with him on these forest fires. Of course the man has never taken responsibility for anything in his life.

i have no interest in listening to what trump said, but i am sure he got totally the wrong end of the stick as usual, but eucalyptus trees can explode in a wildfire

https://www.kqed.org/science/4209/eucalyptus-california-icon-fire-hazard-and-invasive-species

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Your efforts to disparage Biden are getting worse by the day. He had the mask on as he came up to the podium as there were other people around but took out off when he spoke. I'll give you 1/10 for that poor effort.

Biden is claiming Trump is responsible for neighbourhoods being destroyed in Democrat areas which is beyond comedic. Only Democrats will continue to destroy their own neighbourhoods.

Biden genuinely seems convinced that Trump is mother nature and can control the weather. He also seems to think that by voting Biden 2020, there would be change to the climate immediately and that all will be well with the world.

Bidens handlers have him sounding deranged.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1305563705267097603

• Advertisement

Biden is claiming Trump is responsible for neighbourhoods being destroyed in Democrat areas which is beyond comedic. Only Democrats will continue to destroy their own neighbourhoods.

Biden genuinely seems convinced that Trump is mother nature and can control the weather. He also seems to think that by voting Biden 2020, there would be change to the climate immediately and that all will be well with the world.

Bidens handlers have him sounding deranged.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1305563705267097603

Jesus it's getting ridiculous now for Biden. It's embarrassing seeing an elderly gentleman going downhill so fast.

The democrats have a lot to answer for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement