Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have something soft nearby to occasionally smack yourself in the forehead with

“We’ve done 55, it’ll be close to 60 million tests,” Trump said. “And there are those that say you can test too much. You do know that.”

“Who says that?” Swan asked.

“Read the manuals, read the books,” Trump shot back.

“Manuals? what manuals?” Swan asked. “What books?”
    “We’re testing so much because we had the ability to test because we came up with testing,” Trump said. “Jonathan, we didn’t even have a test. when I took over, we didn’t even have a test. Now, in all fairness—”

“Why would you have a test?” Swan chimed in. “The virus didn’t exist.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/who-says-that-a-stunned-jonathan-swan-grills-trump-in-heated-back-and-forth-over-covid-19-testing/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Being accused of child sex trafficking isn't a big deal according to trump

https://twitter.com/TheMichaelMoran/status/1290524130396209152

Penn wrote: »

I'm not sure he really knows who John Lewis is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Of course he does. He knew he felt insulted by the man, mentioning several times in that clip that Lewis skipped the inauguration and the #IMPOTUS's State of the Union addresses. Does he know what Lewis did? No. Does he know what it is, to do things like what Lewis did? Absolutely not nor will he ever.

But the "no one did more than me for Black Americans" lie comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It’s a department store, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Igotadose wrote: »
    Of course he does. He knew he felt insulted by the man, mentioning several times in that clip that Lewis skipped the inauguration and the #IMPOTUS's State of the Union addresses. Does he know what Lewis did? No. Does he know what it is, to do things like what Lewis did? Absolutely not nor will he ever.

But the "no one did more than me for Black Americans" lie comes out.

In fairness, it's probably easy for Trump to remember everyone who was at his inauguration considering there were so few there. In fact it's possible that when Trump says Person Woman Man Camera TV he's actually just listing all the attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Still nobody has provided any credible proof of him having dementia. It's basically like the efforts to claim Clinton was dying. (that predated her fainting) Meanwhile Trump uses the presidency for his ego, says ridiculous things all the time and it seems to be ignored by supporters. He also seems to be incredibly poorly informed on everything. But that's not worrying?

Really ?

LOL. Joe rogan is a credible source on ANYTHING? He is the type of person that idiots think is smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Really ?

Is Joe Rogan a qualified medical professional or a hack who will say anything for views?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really ?

That just sums up the level of discourse when attacking Joe Biden, youtube links of Joe Rogan with no commentary. I'm going limbo dancing with that low bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »

I mean, maybe I am over simplifying this, but basically what he's saying here is that if you don't test people, then you don't know if they have the virus or not so it essentially doesn't matter if they have it or not.

Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    If you're going to use Joe Rogan as a source for anything serious, then it says a lot about you as a poster.

Smacks of double standards here, people were giving out about a poster who wouldn't read the guardian. I agree that Joe Rogan wouldn't be a trustworthy source, but you got to attack the message not the messager.

Smacks of double standards here, people were giving out about a poster who wouldn't read the guardian. I agree that Joe Rogan wouldn't be a trustworthy source, but you got to attack the message not the messager.

I have watched those video clips, what "message" is Rogan sending? What are his qualifications to make the claims he does?

LOL. Joe rogan is a credible source on ANYTHING? He is the type of person that idiots think is smart.
    Is Joe Rogan a qualified medical professional or a hack who will say anything for views?
    duploelabs wrote: »
    That just sums up the level of discourse when attacking Joe Biden, youtube links of Joe Rogan with no commentary. I'm going limbo dancing with that low bar
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    If you're going to use Joe Rogan as a source for anything serious, then it says a lot about you as a poster.

Just watch a video of Biden from 8/10 years ago and watch him lately.

There is also a Sky news video in there, and so what if Joe Rogan is talking about it, he is playing videos there, he isn't just making them up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Good oul Donnie there showing more empathy towards a child sex trafficer than a civil rights icon just cos he didn't go to his party

There is also a Sky news video in there, and so what if Joe Rogan is talking about it, he is playing videos there, he isn't just making them up

I know what the signs of dementia are. I've watched it happen in front of me. I am much more qualified to talk about it than Joe Rogan. Joe Biden is not showing signs of dementia.

Are either of those people, the sky news presenter or Joe Rogan, trained medical practitioners that have completed a diagnosis following a series of test as would be normal procedure in these situations?

It's ok, I'll wait

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think the point is that there is NO "trustworthy" source in the context of deciding whether Biden OR Trump are suffering cognitive decline.

Depending on your political viewpoint there are plenty of videos out there that appear to show both men behaving in a manner that could be construed as displaying indicators of cognitive and/or physical decline.

However, in the absence of a published medical report from a suitably qualified source where they have actually performed the requisite tests "live and in person" anyone trying to suggest definitively that either candidate is suffering from some mental condition or other is just guessing or being deliberately obtuse.

• Advertisement

Well now, I don't think he is academically smart, he is good at what he does though - interviewing people and getting the most out of his guests - this actually is an intelligence and skill in itself, it might not be 600 pts on leaving cert smart, but it is a sharpness for sure.
    He has had Brian Cox, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Steven Pinker, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt - amongst many other smart scientists on - and they aren't stupid people, he might not have a clue about the subject but he can steer the interview to make it fascinating nonetheless.

And saying I am an idiot because I like his podcast - shows your own f*cking ignorance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/opinion/trump-biden-presidential-debates-2020.html

No surprise they are trying to cancel the debates, it's a real shame, if they had picked Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang I would have actually backed the democrats, and either of those 2 could take Trump on easily in a debate.

Poor Joe won't even know where he is ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/opinion/trump-biden-presidential-debates-2020.html

No surprise they are trying to cancel the debates, it's a real shame, if they had picked Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang I would have actually backed the democrats, and either of those 2 could take Trump on easily in a debate.

can you clarify who you think is trying to cancel the debates? Bear in mind that there are only two parties that can cancel the event. which of them is quoted in that article? which to my reading is more about the history of the debates than anything else.

Who is "they"? You have posted an opinion peice from the NYT.

Well now, I don't think he is academically smart, he is good at what he does though - interviewing people and getting the most out of his guests - this actually is an intelligence and skill in itself, it might not be 600 pts on leaving cert smart, but it is a sharpness for sure.
    He has had Brian Cox, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Steven Pinker, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt - amongst many other smart scientists on - and they aren't stupid people, he might not have a clue about the subject but he can steer the interview to make it fascinating nonetheless.

which of his skills involves medical diagnosis?
    And saying I am an idiot because I like his podcast - shows your own f*cking ignorance.

I never said you were an idiot because you like his podcast. can you quote me where i said that?

I know what the signs of dementia are. I've watched it happen in front of me. I am much more qualified to talk about it than Joe Rogan. Joe Biden is not showing signs of dementia.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Are either of those people, the sky news presenter or Joe Rogan, trained medical practitioners that have completed a diagnosis following a series of test as would be normal procedure in these situations?

It's ok, I'll wait

deluded.

Yesterday I saw a guy lying on the side of the street, his 2 legs were broken and he was bleeding heavily, I think he was hit by a car, but I am no doctor and cannot tell if anything is wrong so I walked on, just not qualified to give an opinion.

Look at him in 2012 - sharp , on the ball, articulate ....

Now look at him in 2020 - @ohnonotgmail as a "dementia expert" yourself , what do you think ??

edit - oh sorry the source is "The political christian", I apologise, they must be just faked ....

deluded.

Yesterday I saw a guy lying on the side of the street, his 2 legs were broken and he was bleeding heavily, I think he was hit by a car, but I am no doctor and cannot tell if anything is wrong so I walked on, just not qualified to give an opinion.

Now look at him in 2020 - @ohnonotgmail as a "dementia expert" yourself , what do you think ??

where did i claim to be a dementia expert. i said
    I am much more qualified to talk about it than Joe Rogan.

Please stop putting words in my mouth in a pathetic attempt to be outraged.

deluded.

edit - oh sorry the source is "The political christian", I apologise, they must be just faked ....

Identifying dementia in anyone is not something the average person is capable of doing. It also requires in person assessments. So YouTube videos of a person famous for gaffes is not an effective way of doing so. Same reason I don't take diagnoses of Trump particularly seriously.

Also worth remembering that Biden has done debates in last 12 months and performed well.

deluded.

They could have fallen from a height?

You're in no position to make an assertion in this simple hypothetical situation, or in assessing anything more complex like a dementia situation, because you are not a medical practitioner

• Advertisement

point is you can see that he wasn't ok on the road in my hypothetical situation, just like you can clearly see something not right with Biden when you compare his speech from 8 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement