Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seems to have had a bit of a nervous breakdown

Shame the right thinks mental health is a left wing hoax :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Overheal wrote: »
    Shame the right thinks mental health is a left wing hoax :o

Unless they're a right wing terrorist

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

seems to have had a bit of a nervous breakdown

Hope he's got good insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Kayleigh McEnany would put Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf to shame.

SNL will be back live in the studio October 3... and Jim Carrey will be taking on the role of Joe Biden

GettyImages-1159222751-2048x1366.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Overheal wrote: »
    SNL will be back live in the studio October 3... and Jim Carrey will be taking on the role of Joe Biden

GettyImages-1159222751-2048x1366.jpg
    I liked the woody harrelson version tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

francois wrote: »
    Kayleigh McEnany would put Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf to shame.

She really is a wonderful woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

She really is a wonderful woman.

Some men pay good money to have a woman abuse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Here are the lyrics of Despacito translated to English:

"Slowly
    I want to breathe your neck slowly
    Let me tell you things in your ears
    So that you remember when you're not with me
    Slowly
    I want to strip you off with kisses slowly"

Suites him perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"Slowly
    Slowly

Suites him perfectly.

Still digging i see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

"Slowly
    Slowly

Suites him perfectly. The NWA version was good, tho the dumb c*ts not getting it was a pss take was funnier

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1306025265290674177

What is exactly about Trump that makes you this fanatical? By any measure he's a failure as a man, a businessman and a political leader. To steal a line from the great Terry Pratchett, Trump should be "disqualified from the human race for shoving". So what does Trump mean to you? What does he do for you to make you see the world in the way you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

"Slowly
    Slowly

Suites him perfectly.
    You've posted doctored videos, and not responded when called out on it. You haven't said a word about Trump's town hall.

I'd be interested in your thoughts in both of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You've posted doctored videos, and not responded when called out on it. You haven't said a word about Trump's town hall.

The best you can expect is another doctored video tomorrow and a stupid comment that's been doing the rounds as if it was his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Doubt he has any thoughts of his own, most Trump fans don't, they just repeat the soundbites and whatever daily talking points they're given on Fox or YouTube.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

"Slowly
    Slowly

Suites him perfectly.

And here are the lyrics to "Fortunate Son" that Trump played as he arrived at a rally last week.
    Some folks are born, made to wave the flag
    Ooh, their red, white and blue
    And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
    Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no senator's son, son
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand
    Lord, don't they help themselves, y'all
    But when the taxman comes to the door
    Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yeah

It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate one, no
    Yeah, yeah

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
    Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
    And when you ask 'em, "How much should we give?"
    Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!", Y'all

It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no military son, son
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate one, one
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate one, no, no, no
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate son, no, no, no

A perfect metaphor for Trump.

From an article I was reading and kind of relating to social media and the dumbing down of society mentioned earlier on this thread I think.

"Almost two-thirds of young American adults do not know that 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust, and more than one in 10 believe Jews caused the Holocaust, a new survey has found, revealing shocking levels of ignorance about the greatest crime of the 20th century.

According to the study of millennial and Gen Z adults aged between 18 and 39, almost half (48%) could not name a single concentration camp or ghetto established during the second world war"

I find this to be a bizarre and depressing snapshot of American society right now.. It's not surprising then that Trump was easily able to build a base of poorly educated zealots that hang on his every word because they're too ignorant to know any better.

Yet another whistleblower, this time it's a Major in the Army National Guard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-protest-lafayette-square/2020/09/16/ca0174e4-f788-11ea-89e3-4b9efa36dc64_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-high_835p-lafayettesquare%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

According to Maj. Adam D. DeMarco's complaint given to Congress, for which he has already provided sworn testimony, defense officials transferred live ammunition to the DC Armory in the hours leading up to the infamous teargassing of the clergy incident in Lafayette Square. Alarmingly, the National Guard was also searching for crowd control devices "too unpredictable to use in warzones" such as the Active Denial System which uses high power microwave emissions to make victims feel like their skin is on fire, along with sonic weaponry. To be fair, the sonic weapon (the LRAD) can be used as a far more technologically effective announcement/megaphone style apparatus to communicate with large crowds.
    On June 1, federal forces pushed protesters from the park across from the White House, blanketing the street with clouds of tear gas, firing stun grenades, setting off smoke bombs and shoving demonstrators with shields and batons, eliciting criticism that the response was extreme. The Trump administration has argued that officers were responding to violent protesters who had been igniting fireworks, setting fires and throwing water bottles and rocks at police.

But DeMarco’s account contradicts the administration’s claims that protesters were violent, tear gas was never used and demonstrators were given ample warning to disperse — a legal requirement before police move to clear a crowd. His testimony also offers a glimpse into the equipment and weaponry federal forces had — and others that they sought — during the early days of protests that have continued for more than 100 days in the nation’s capital.

DeMarco, who provided his account as a whistleblower, was the senior-most D.C. National Guard officer on the ground that day and served as a liaison between the National Guard and U.S. Park Police. [emphasis mine]

A Defense Department official briefed on the matter downplayed DeMarco’s allegations, saying emails asking about specific weaponry were routine inventory checks to determine what equipment was available.

The Defense Department, U.S. Army and D.C. National Guard did not respond to specific questions about munitions and their intended use.

The chaos that erupted on the evening of June 1 played out before millions of viewers on split-screen television broadcasts as President Trump strode through the emptied park toward St. John’s Episcopal Church, where he delivered remarks and posed for photos with a bible.

U.S. Park Police Chief Gregory Monahan has testified that protesters were given clear warnings to disperse via a Long Range Acoustic Device. But DeMarco told lawmakers that is impossible because there was no such device on the scene at the time.

Not just hearsay, either: there's a paper trail,
    Just before noon on June 1, the Defense Department’s top military police officer in the Washington region sent an email to officers in the D.C. National Guard. It asked whether the unit had a Long Range Acoustic Device, also known as an LRAD, or a microwave-like weapon called the Active Denial System, which was designed by the military to make people feel like their skin is burning when in range of its invisible rays.

The technology, also called a “heat ray,” was developed to disperse large crowds in the early 2000s but was shelved amid concerns about its effectiveness, safety and the ethics of using it on human beings. [emphasis mine]

Pentagon officials were reluctant to use the device in Iraq. In late 2018, the New York Times reported, the Trump administration had weighed using the device on migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border — an idea shot down by Kirstjen Nielsen, then the Homeland Security secretary, citing humanitarian concerns.

But in the email, on which DeMarco was copied, the lead military police officer in the National Capital Region wrote the ADS device “can provide our troops a capacity they currently do not have, the ability to reach out and engage potential adversaries at distances well beyond small arms range, and in a safe, effective, and nonlethal manner.”

The email continued: “The ADS can immediately compel an individual to cease threatening behavior or depart through application of a directed energy beam that provides a sensation of intense heat on the surface of the skin. The effect is overwhelming, causing an immediate repel response by the targeted individual.”

Federal police ultimately were unable to obtain a heat ray device — or an LRAD — during the early days of protests in D.C., according to the Defense Department official.

The Major also went on to explain that despite official accounts, protesters are correct in that they were not given clear and adequate warnings to disperse prior to the infamous teargassing, and shield-bashing of foreign journalists:
    DeMarco said without an LRAD device, which can be used to make booming announcements to large crowds, Park Police officers instead issued dispersal orders to the crowd using a handheld red-and-white megaphone.

Laws and court rulings require police to give demonstrators repeated, clear warnings of officers’ intentions to escalate and to allow people adequate time and avenues to disperse peacefully.

DeMarco told lawmakers he was standing about 30 yards from the announcer but could barely make out the order. The chanting crowd, which was even farther from the officer with the megaphone, did not appear to hear the warnings, DeMarco said.

Protesters, journalists and humanitarian aid volunteers who were there that day have repeatedly said they never heard a warning before police began to move on the crowd. Advancing on foot and horseback, they pushed protesters back as explosions sent clouds of smoke and chemicals into the air, and officers fired rubber pellets into packs of retreating protesters.

Monahan has said violence by protesters spurred his agency to clear the area ahead of the D.C. mayor’s 7 p.m. curfew — instituted as a response to looting, vandalism and arson amid demonstrations on previous nights — with unusually aggressive tactics.

Monahan also told members of Congress in July that Park Police had followed protocol in issuing three warnings “utilizing a Long Range Acoustic Device” — although DeMarco’s testimony indicates no such device was in use.

U.S. Park Police did not respond to a request for further comment this week.

DeMarco first appeared before lawmakers on the House Natural Resources Committee in late July but followed up at the end of August with more specific answers to legislators’ questions about munitions and equipment used by law enforcement. His answers, submitted in written form, were shared with The Post this week by congressional staff of the House Natural Resources Committee.

He told lawmakers he felt compelled to come forward as a witness because he found the events at Lafayette Square “deeply disturbing.” His attorney, David Laufman, said DeMarco hopes lawmakers will continue to investigate the federal response.

“That anyone in the Department of Defense referred to American citizens exercising their First Amendment rights as ‘potential adversaries’ and even contemplated the use of an ADS on the streets of our nation’s capital is deeply disturbing and calls for further investigation,” Laufman said.

DeMarco also testified that a stash of M4 carbine assault rifles was transferred from Fort Belvoir to the D.C. Armory on June 1 and that transfers of ammunition from states such as Missouri and Tennessee arrived in subsequent days.

By mid-June, about 7,000 rounds of 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm ammunition rounds had been transferred to the D.C. Armory, DeMarco said.

He did not specify what the ammunition was for, and the D.C. National Guard did not respond to questions about the weapons transfers.

In late June, Congress opened an investigation into tactics used by federal law enforcement officers to clear protesters near Lafayette Square.

Monahan and DeMarco testified on the same day in July, at which time Monahan said the area around Lafayette Square was cleared June 1 so construction crews could erect a taller fence than the temporary barricades that had closed off the area. It followed a night in which a Park Service building was set on fire.

DeMarco told legislators that, having served in a combat zone where he spent time assessing various threats, he did not feel threatened at any point by protesters near the White House “or assess them to be violent.”

“From my observation, these demonstrators — our fellow American citizens — were engaged in the peaceful expression of their First Amendment rights,” he said. “Yet they were subjected to an unprovoked escalation and excessive use of force.”

This story only started breaking late this evening; Trump's photo op trauma continues to haunt him. Now, these weapons were not deployed on the protesters, but it's shocking they would even consider deploying it on citizens when they wouldn't even deploy it on 'migrant invasions' or enemy combatants in a war zone.

U.S. Park Police Chief Gregory Monahan may be on the hook for perjury unless he can whip up excuses for the disparity in accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

My two homies telling it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH6sqstkSM8

Joe is a walking meme

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Joe is a walking meme

Used to follow those guys. Loved some of their older videos from and remember when they were laughing at how much of an idiot Trump was 4 years ago.

When they decided to go after the easy picking red dollar, I decided I was no longer their target audience. Can't blame them, they all about dem gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit.

Any trade deal between the U.S. and U.K. must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period.

Joe Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Joe is a walking meme

Have you any constructive comments or discussion to add to this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Can't blame them, they all about dem gains.

That sounds like a version of dem boys just love watermelon.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Danzy wrote: »
    That sounds like a version of dem boys just love watermelon.

?

You're only a recent watcher of them obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Joe is a walking meme

I wonder what their take on Trump's shambolic townhall was:

tenor.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Funny that anyone who gets frustrated with their lack of engagement gets carded while these link-dumping fools get away with their disingenuous bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I wonder what their take on Trump's shambolic townhall was:

tenor.gif

Deafening silence!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit.

Any trade deal between the U.S. and U.K. must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period.

Joe Biden.

We're looking into this very strongly. Did you you know I have a magnificent golf resort in Ireland, some people say it's the best and nobody's seen anything like it before.

Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

From an article I was reading and kind of relating to social media and the dumbing down of society mentioned earlier on this thread I think.

"Almost two-thirds of young American adults do not know that 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust, and more than one in 10 believe Jews caused the Holocaust, a new survey has found, revealing shocking levels of ignorance about the greatest crime of the 20th century.

According to the study of millennial and Gen Z adults aged between 18 and 39, almost half (48%) could not name a single concentration camp or ghetto established during the second world war"

I find this to be a bizarre and depressing snapshot of American society right now.. It's not surprising then that Trump was easily able to build a base of poorly educated zealots that hang on his every word because they're too ignorant to know any better.

I think the Trump= Hitler angle has been done to death by this stage in fairness. So 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I think the Trump= Hitler angle has been done to death by this stage in fairness. So 2016.

nobody has said Trump=Hitler except you. why is that?

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »

You clearly didn't read the post if that's your take on it. Or maybe you did and you're just being obtuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement