Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

duploelabs wrote: »
    Have you any constructive comments or discussion to add to this thread?

Plenty, unlike your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do you mean that in the same way that Trump insists he has a health plan but he doesn't want to show it to anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Faugheen wrote: »
    Funny that anyone who gets frustrated with their lack of engagement gets carded while these link-dumping fools get away with their disingenuous bollocks.

To be fair, those "truth bomb suspicions" are usually worded carefully to try and not fall foul of the mods (who don't seem to know what to do, or are not that visible about it).

I mean, all the dementia/nonhuman/lizardpeople/drugs stuff should really be in the conspiracies forum rather than here.

It's bad enough seeing the selective views being taken by the GOP, ignoring reality outside a very narrowly defined bubble, and when challenged, either ignore, or deny that reality is reality (I can't believe that people don't understand exposure settings on a camera, while at the same time also deny that Trump has dyed himself a shade of orange).

The answer is just to report it and hope the mods pick up on it, and occasionally let people know they're taking action. One side has already told 20,000+ lies in the debate.

do you mean that in the same way that Trump insists he has a health plan but he doesn't want to show it to anybody?

"It'll be great, we have some very smart people working on it"

4 years later
    :tumbleweed:

"Mexico will pay for the wall"

4 years later
    School funds funneled from US military to rebuild already existing wall, that has already started falling over, ladders and tunnels (and angle grinders) still not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Please furnish us with a previous post on this thread where you engaged in debate or put forward constructive insights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

nobody has said Trump=Hitler except you. why is that?
    From an article I was reading and kind of relating to social media and the dumbing down of society mentioned earlier on this thread I think.

"Almost two-thirds of young American adults do not know that 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust, and more than one in 10 believe Jews caused the Holocaust, a new survey has found, revealing shocking levels of ignorance about the greatest crime of the 20th century.

According to the study of millennial and Gen Z adults aged between 18 and 39, almost half (48%) could not name a single concentration camp or ghetto established during the second world war"

I find this to be a bizarre and depressing snapshot of American society right now.. It's not surprising then that Trump was easily able to build a base of poorly educated zealots that hang on his every word because they're too ignorant to know any better.
    You clearly didn't read the post if that's your take on it. Or maybe you did and you're just being obtuse.

Its not even thinly veiled lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Its not even thinly veiled lads.

nope, you're still not making any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

More allegations

'a former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

More allegations

'a former model has come forward to accuse Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her at the US Open tennis tournament more than two decades ago, in an alleged incident that left her feeling “sick” and “violated”.'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/17/donald-trump-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-model-amy-dorris?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

But but but

Tara Reed, I mean Ried, I mean reid, I mean raid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Please furnish us with a previous post on this thread where you engaged in debate or put forward constructive insights

Look back for yourself. It's you making the accusations. I feel no need to defend myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

More allegations

How convenient that the allegations are made less than 7 weeks before the election :rolleyes:

I guarantee you that there will be a few more of these allegations before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Look back for yourself. It's you making the accusations. I feel no need to defend myself.

Yet you sought to defend yourself, and accuse others in your previous post..

How convenient that the allegations are made less than 7 weeks before the election :rolleyes:

I guarantee you that there will be a few more of these allegations before the election.

Unlike the Republicans startling revelation weeks before the 2016 election, totally innocent and just bad timing huh? :rolleyes:

Are you dismissing the womans claim solely on the timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We're looking into this very strongly. Did you you know I have a magnificent golf resort in Ireland, some people say it's the best and nobody's seen anything like it before.

Donald Trump
    Ah of course...what a big success it has been so far.
    Losing a tonne of money every year up until 2018 anyway when it made a massive 2.9k profit!
    The 113k the Irish government gave to Doonbeg...for his own visit might help.

Unlike the Republicans startling revelation weeks before the 2016 election, totally innocent and just bad timing huh? :rolleyes:

Are you dismissing the womans claim solely on the timing?

Not dismissing anything allegations are not going to hurt Trumps chances sure he already has 25 against him makes it 26 now with this one.

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

His supporters choose to believe his versions of those events rather than the accusers versions. Just as you and others choose to believe those accusers versions of the those events rather than Trump's versions of those events.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

astrofool wrote: »
    "It'll be great, we have some very smart people working on it"

4 years later
    :tumbleweed:

"Mexico will pay for the wall"

4 years later
    School funds funneled from US military to rebuild already existing wall, that has already started falling over, ladders and tunnels (and angle grinders) still not worried.
    Don't forget the dodgy contracts he gave to some of his supporters to build the wall.

Or the we build the wall project run by his old mates (4 of which are up on Corruption charges including Steve Bannon)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/us/politics/trump-bannon-we-build-the-wall.html

John oliver also did a really good programme on it

Not dismissing anything allegations are not going to hurt Trumps chances sure he already has 25 against him makes it 26 now with this one.

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

His supporters choose to believe his versions of those events rather than the accusers versions. Just as you and others choose to believe those accusers versions of the those events rather than Trump's versions of those events.

If someone who lived near you had 26 accusations if assault or burglary against them would you believe them to be totally innocent?

No smoke without fire as they say.

If someone who lived near you had 26 accusations if assault or burglary against them would you believe them to be totally innocent?

No smoke without fire as they say.

Yes I would they could have 100 accusations and I'd still believe them as I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty.

Very easy to create smoke if you start the fires yourself ;) .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFN-yc0JRz9/?igshid=1ka0xrxn7ujrb

Trump getting his pants pulled down about him seeking to repeal ACA.. New plan to be unveiled in 2 months maybe less (2019), 3 weeks (2020) ... Never!!!

I think that's a fine position to take, if both sides are presenting all the evidence to back up their stories. Trump is fighting tooth and nail to keep his bank records secret, and keep people under NDA to prevent any facts coming out (the facts may back him up, and he might be fighting it just to be contrary).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Yes I would they could have 100 accusations and I'd still believe them as I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty.

Nice to hear from these posters who'd gladly send their 14 Yr old daughters off to Prince Andrew or Trump for a week unaccompanied

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Well, you say timing, but there has been almost a continuous slew of complaints against Trump since years back.

H did say himself years back that since he was the owner of the parent he could walk backstage to the ladies dressing room if he wished.

I assume you have the same thinking about Trump claims about Hunter Biden, or that Joe has dementia?

astrofool wrote: »
    I think that's a fine position to take, if both sides are presenting all the evidence to back up their stories. Trump is fighting tooth and nail to keep his bank records secret, and keep people under NDA to prevent any facts coming out (the facts may back him up, and he might be fighting it just to be contrary).

He's got to maintain his image of fighting the system he can't show any weakness or he'd lose plenty of votes, that's the reality of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Well, you say timing, but there has been almost a continuous slew of complaints against Trump since years back.

H did say himself years back that since he was the owner of the parent he could walk backstage to the ladies dressing room if he wished.

I assume you have the same thinking about Trump claims about Hunter Biden, or that Joe has dementia?

I don't know about Hunter, but I can see for myself when I compare Joe's speeches with a few years back with today that he has some clear mental decline.

I'm not a doctor so can't say it's dementia or alzhemiers ... but there is something going on, at first I thought it was just his stutter - then I watched him in a debate in 2012 with Mick Romney's running mate ... and to me anyway it's clear.

Democrats should have gone with Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang.

I'd get behind either of them.

So you're ok with someone refusing a DNA test in a rape allegation?

Like for talk sake, Hitler has never stood trial for the killing of Jews.. he'll forever be innocent..

Makes sense!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So you're ok with someone refusing a DNA test in a rape allegation?

It's not just that - The entire case rests on the alleged DNA evidence on the coat/dress that E Jean Carroll says she was wearing on the day.

I cannot for the life of me understand why a man , confident in his innocence would not provide his DNA sample , clear his name and then sue the woman into oblivion.

It simply does not make any sense AT ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's not just that - The entire case rests on the alleged DNA evidence on the coat/dress that E Jean Carroll says she was wearing on the day.

I cannot for the life of me understand why a man , confident in his innocence would not provide his DNA sample , clear his name and then sue the woman into oblivion.

It simply does not make any sense AT ALL.

And an incredibly litigious man at that, who has shown that he will sue at the drop of a hat.

Surely all he has to do is provide a sample and then sue the other person into the ground for defamation of character? It would be an open and close case for any lawyer if the samples did not match.

Isn't that what an innocent person would do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Like for talk sake, Hitler has never stood trial for the killing of Jews.. he'll forever be innocent..

Makes sense!

You better not mention Hitler, the zealots will put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement