Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bocaman wrote: »
    If Trump were to be beaten there is no way he'd leave the White House peacefully. The groundwork has already been done.

I’ve said this before, Trump is a lot of things but one of them I doubt is physically brave, he may make noise, get legal but he won’t risk his own self. He has enough fools to risk their skins but his won’t be, there’s no way he will put himself in a position that he’s physically removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Trump has spent a reported 200 mil on florida
    The israel ties are favourable to the considerable amoun of older jews. The cubans love him, multiple polls put him winning / way ahead of biden vs similar ones in 2016 v hilary
    On September 23rd, 2016, 538 had it as 46.3% Trump and 46.1% Clinton. Link

On September 23rd, 2020, 538 had it as 48% Biden and 46.5% Trump. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

real clear politics have it Biden 48.7 vs Trump 47.4 link

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

On September 23rd, 2016, 538 had it as 46.3% Trump and 46.1% Clinton. Link

On September 23rd, 2020, 538 had it as 48% Biden and 46.5% Trump. Link

Latest ABC poll has trump ahead, but also

Scummy mike bloomberg getting desperate needing #Felons4Biden
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517522-bloomberg-pays-fines-for-32000-felons-in-florida-so-they-can-vote

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If Trump were to be beaten there is no way he'd leave the White House peacefully. The groundwork has already been done.

He will.

His shtick this week was purely aimed to work up the priests in his opponents, they'll do wreck this weekend, this will drive them on further.

It's cynical of him but it's an open goal.

The big danger for Biden is a lot of people, especially ones who voted Democrat, see outright ideological nutjobs as having undue influence in the modern Democratic party, that a rich kid mob on the street are setting the agenda for the party.

• Advertisement

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517522-bloomberg-pays-fines-for-32000-felons-in-florida-so-they-can-vote
    OK, I haven't seen it but that's just one poll. 538 is an aggregator which takes them all into account.

Also, why shouldn't felons who've served their time be allowed to vote? The fines are in essence a poll tax, and there's a good chance it will eventually go before the Supreme Court. Since that won't be resolved by the time of this election, I see no problem with a fund to pay fines which enables people to exercise their right to vote. I'd be supportive of all such voting; I'd rather a Trump supporting convicted felon is allowed to vote, than have that vote suppressed simply so "my side" can win.

Danzy wrote: »
    He will.

His shtick this week was purely aimed to work up the priests in his opponents, they'll do wreck this weekend, this will drive them on further.

It's cynical of him but it's an open goal.

The big danger for Biden is a lot of people, especially ones who voted Democrat, see outright ideological nutjobs as having undue influence in the modern Democratic party, that a rich kid mob on the street are setting the agenda for the party.
    How many registered Democrats do you know in the States?

What are you basing this statement on, basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The israel ties are favourable to the considerable amoun of older jews. The cubans love him, multiple polls put him winning / way ahead of biden vs similar ones in 2016 v hilary

So, multiple now means one.

So, multiple now means one.

No, that poll has him winning, others have him ahead of where he was in 2016 in the same timeframe.

Fivethirtyeight have some merit but they were wrong last time and nate silver never owned up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

How can you say that when Trump has actually been asking for a extra debate?

He's been *asking* for drug tests too, do you think he'd actually submit to one?

• Advertisement

OK, I haven't seen it but that's just one poll. 538 is an aggregator which takes them all into account.

Also, why shouldn't felons who've served their time be allowed to vote? The fines are in essence a poll tax, and there's a good chance it will eventually go before the Supreme Court. Since that won't be resolved by the time of this election, I see no problem with a fund to pay fines which enables people to exercise their right to vote. I'd be supportive of all such voting; I'd rather a Trump supporting convicted felon is allowed to vote, than have that vote suppressed simply so "my side" can win.

Well agree to disagree but i don’t believe convicted felons should be allowed vote at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, that poll has him winning, others have him ahead of where he was in 2016 in the same timeframe.

Fivethirtyeight have some merit but they were wrong last time and nate silver never owned up to it.

They're within the margin of error, so technically no they were 'wrong'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Trump will bring up Hunter Biden many times in the debate and that will break Joe (if he turns up). It doesn't matter what guff Biden throws at the president it will be like water off a ducks back. Can't see how Joe will function without a teleprompter tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well agree to disagree but i don’t believe convicted felons should be allowed vote at all.

Why? I thought all people were equal in America? If someone makes a mistake in their 20's are you saying they should never be allowed to vote even though they have paid their debt to society?

Trump will bring up Hunter Biden many times in the debate and that will break Joe (if he turns up). It doesn't matter what guff Biden throws at the president it will be like water off a ducks back. Can't see how Joe will function without a teleprompter tbh.
    There was absolutely no wrong doings of any of Biden's people in Ukraine, that was the conclusion of a GOP lead investigation.
    However the trump spawn have been banned for running charities and also Eric is due to appear before hearings in to Tax fraud
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/23/eric-trump-testify-family-business-investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Trump has shown time and time again he's a man child. He's unbelievably thin skinned and cannot deal with any sort of criticism real or imagined. He's a bully who folds when exposed on his own.

Your posts become more and more pathetic as it gets closer to the election. You've got that in common with your glorious leader at least.

Why? I thought all people were equal in America? If someone makes a mistake in their 20's are you saying they should never be allowed to vote even though they have paid their debt to society?

Yes. If i get a conviction here I rightly cant go to some countries and I believe worldwide if you are convicted of a felony that you should lose the right to vote.

And before you start I'm bundling that in with that I don't believe tax evasion or non payment should be felonies anywhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Don't go down that rabbit hole with Eric. You wouldn't want to live in the society Eric craves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes. If i get a conviction here I rightly cant go to some countries and I believe worldwide if you are convicted of a felony that you should lose the right to vote.

And before you start I'm bundling that in with that I don't believe tax evasion or non payment should be felonies anywhere either.

Why? Because the Trump family is up to its neck in it?

You seriously think that a 20 year old kid that commits a non violent felony deserves to lose their right to vote for the rest of their lives?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I wonder will Joe shut down his campaign today early yet again. He needs to start bringing some energy to his tilt at the office.

Come on mannnnnnnn!!!

Why? Because the Trump family is up to its neck in it?

You seriously think that a 20 year old kid that commits a non violent felony deserves to lose their right to vote for the rest of their lives?

My belief that tax evasion shouldnt be a felony has nothing to do with trump....

I think a 20 year old adult that makes a big enough f*ckup to warrant a felony charge should never be allowed vote again yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I wonder will Joe shut down his campaign today early yet again. He needs to start bringing some energy to his tilt at the office.

Come on mannnnnnnn!!!

I’m not sure why this is allowed it’s just posts with no content

You are nuts if you think he would try and stay in the White House if he loses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

And despite all that, Biden has a narrow lead.

Biden isn’t exactly pro Palestinian either. He’s good friends with Bibi Nethenyahu.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

You are nuts if you think he would try and stay in the White House if he loses.

Its like ‘hes going to start loads of wars’ , its just a liberal fantasy that has no basis in reality

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’d be delighted to hear your analysis of what they got wrong.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 26,461 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m not sure why this is allowed it’s just posts with no content

I'm not sure why some people require so much energy from candidates as if it is more important than policy

Brian? wrote: »
    I’d be delighted to hear your analysis of what they got wrong.

Florida and the result of the whole election for starters

• Advertisement

My belief that tax evasion shouldnt be a felony has nothing to do with trump....

I think a 20 year old adult that makes a big enough f*ckup to warrant a felony charge should never be allowed vote again yes.

So then Al Capone shouldn't have been jailed then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement