Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The topics for the first debate are:

- The Trump and Biden Records
    - The Supreme Court
    - Covid-19
    - The Economy
    - Race and Violence in our Cities
    - The Integrity of the Election

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/22/moderator-announces-topics-for-first-presidential-debate-2/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-national-polls-2020-vs-2016/

aggregated data from multiple polls on RCP show Clinton polled far higher against Donald trump across the entire election timeline than Joe Biden is. My point stands, they're closer.

That has Biden at +6.5 while Clinton was +2.9 with 39 days to go before election?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

namloc1980 wrote: »

- The Supreme Court
    - Covid-19
    - The Economy

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/22/moderator-announces-topics-for-first-presidential-debate-2/

so you're not going to equally condemn those who falsely claim trump is a nazi or a fascist...

well theres a difference between classic liberalism, Neo liberalism etc.. I'm not calling him a liberal, just saying what people have called him, and marxist isn't something I've seen on here.

are you going to equally condemn those who call trump a nazi or fascist ?

Who called him a nazi or fascist on here? I know I certainly didn't and don't think he is. I do think he has authoritarian tendencies though, most notably in the way he actively encourages division (press are the enemy of the people / red vs blue states on covid etc.), and the way he cosies up to known authoritarians while creating division with historic allies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do any of the trump supporters think that he has the class to write a letter like this to his successor?
    Eism7XpXsAIZ7vi?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Advertisement

so you're not going to equally condemn those who falsely claim trump is a nazi or a fascist...

who has posted that here?

do any of the trump supporters think that he has the class to write a letter like this to his successor?

No, but then I can't picture a Democrat offering Trump a similar kind of courtesy or civility also. He faces unrelenting hostility 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

duploelabs wrote: »
    What do you think Trump does in his oft-reported and verified 'executive time'?

So that's relevant to Biden's campaign cancelling all day appointments, all media and stops.

Yeah but Trump watches Fox News etc etc.

If they were planned days off it would be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,736 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

No, but then I can't picture a Democrat offering Trump a similar kind of courtesy or civility also. He faces unrelenting hostility 24/7.

HC called up Trump on the night to congratulate him, didn't she? Obama was at the inauguration, as was HC and Bill?

He faces unrelating hostility because that is exactly the way he behaves. He has done nothing to try to include those that didn't vote for him, or bring the divisions closer together.

He has even attacked people in his own party, called ex workers losers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Maybe not. Or maybe his staff will act like Bill's when they trashed the place before Dubyas crowd got in?

• Advertisement

That's not true. Obama and his administration were very cooperative during the transition. The Trump transition team was a bit of a mess though - 2 days into the transition Chris Christie was fired by Trump as chair of the transition team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,950 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

- The Supreme Court
    - Covid-19
    - The Economy

I wonder are there any of these topics that will make much of a dent in either man. 3&4 are probably the ones most likely still unsur win the minds of a swing voter but who knows I mean personally I cant believe this election could have a swing voter

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-national-polls-2020-vs-2016/

aggregated data from multiple polls on RCP show Clinton polled far higher against Donald trump across the entire election timeline than Joe Biden is. My point stands, they're closer.
    That has Biden at +6.5 while Clinton was +2.9 with 39 days to go before election?

Are you going to correct your post on this?

really? Obama letter to trump was pretty gracious.
    Dear Mr. President -
    Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.
    This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.
    First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.
    Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.
    Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.
    And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.
    Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
    Good luck and Godspeed,
    BO

ranto_boy wrote: »
    Maybe not. Or maybe his staff will act like Bill's when they trashed the place before Dubyas crowd got in?

source?

source?

I mean it's pretty much common knowledge but if you weren't around at the time I can see why it wouldn't be known

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jun-12-na-clinton12-story.html

I mean it's pretty much common knowledge but if you weren't around at the time I can see why it wouldn't be known

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jun-12-na-clinton12-story.html

is that it? that is "thrashed"? wear and tear and some pranks?

15k worth of damage, 20 years ago so bump that figure up for modern audiences. Seems a fair description to me. Funny how it's never happened since...

15k worth of damage, 20 years ago so bump that figure up for modern audiences. Seems a fair description to me. Funny how it's never happened since...

for a team of 500 people so $30 a head? you're going to **** a brick when you find out how trump leaves the white house.

About $21k adjusted for inflation. That's not very much really. Some pranks and office wear and tear. I've worked in offices where one team has vacated and another taken their place and missing keyboards, missing screens, broken chairs etc are pretty common in such movements. Some pranks also thrown in.

Also note the controversial nature of that election and I'd imagine a few of the Gore staff were pissed off and took out their frustration. Overall hardly anything to get wound up about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I wonder will Joe shut down his campaign today early yet again. He needs to start bringing some energy to his tilt at the office.

Come on mannnnnnnn!!!
    Biden will need to hire a mortician to get him ready for the debates

Low energy Joe.
    Can't see how Joe will function without a teleprompter tbh.

Mod: You were given fair warning. Don't post in the thread again.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You mean like the one Obama left for him??
    Dear Mr. President -
    Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.
    This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.
    First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.
    Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.
    Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.
    And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.
    Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
    Good luck and Godspeed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

are you really judging trump on something he may do/not do in the future?

are you really judging trump on something he may do/not do in the future?

I am asking a question. care to answer it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,950 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Some of the pranks are a bit crass and childish but hats off if they stole every W keys from all the Whitehouse computers that's pretty funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I am asking a question. care to answer it?

i do think he would do something similar.

while he is very brash, he does strike me as being genuine.

just look to his words upon learning of the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Have you dropped your claim about multiple polls showing Clinton in a better position in Florida vs Biden. What you have linked to is national average not Florida specific.

You have also misrepresented the data on the page you have linked to. It does not show Clinton ahead nationally compared to Biden across the election timeline. She was up at times notably in April, but certainly she is up far less than half of the timeline to date.

Everybody can see this all they have to do is click on the link. From May 13 on Biden has been ahead vs Clinton except for a few days in early August. (Note the first graphic is Biden vs Clinton, there is an error in the hover, it displays Trump instead of Clinton)

I'm not saying you are lying, but many people ...

Again, where are the multiple polls showing Clinton ahead in Florida vs Biden...

I'm not saying you are lying, but many people ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

All this media acceptance of Biden's basement strategy masks their terror over the possibility of another Trump win. On July 26, MSNBC host Joshua Johnson interviewed Democratic National Committee boss Tom Perez and revealed Democrats' inner panic.

"I cannot tell you how many people I know who are Joe Biden supporters who feel like they're on the verge of a stroke all the time at the possibility of four more years of Donald Trump, particularly with any gaffe that Joe Biden makes," Johnson said. "If he says something that comes out sideways, it's like you can feel everybody's heart kind of squeak shut."

Can't wait until Wednesday morning for the meltdown in here. Mods will more than likely attempt to bar me and other posters who point out Biden as the extremely weak candidate he is because of their hatred for the president. :D

Good times.

C ya.

You'd like that wouldn't you. Nice little echo chamber.:eek:

Edit: Oh look your post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: You were given fair warning. Don't post in the thread again.

Hilarious. All the digs the same posters have given about the president and surprise surprise no warnings given. Yawn. So predictable :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement