Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: You were given fair warning. Don't post in the thread again.

Hilarious. All the digs the same posters have given about the president and surprise surprise no warnings given. Yawn. So predictable :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Can't wait until Wednesday morning for the meltdown in here. Mods will more than likely attempt to bar me and other posters who point out Biden as the extremely weak candidate he is because of their hatred for the president. :D

Good times.

Sounds like you have already writtten your posts for next Wednesday. If you do get banned this might have more to do with it than any mods lack of objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt know CNN have an Irish lad (Donie o'Sullivan) working for them as a reporter on technology, disinformation & politics. Anyway he went to a Trump rally and asked Trump supporters to show him their Facebook feed on their phone which had manipulated videos of Biden supposedly falling asleep during a live tv interview. When shown it was someone else who fell asleep and Biden was photoshopped into the video the Trump supporter could only say 'well its still funny'. He had nothing at all to say about the fake news that he had swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Its a good watch for an insight into the cult of Trump suppoerters. Even when shown definitive proof of fake news they refuse to believe it is fake because it doesnt follow the cults narrative.
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/09/24/facebook-trump-supporters-fact-check-misinformation-orig-me.cnn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hilarious. All the digs the same posters have given about the president and surprise surprise no warnings given. Yawn. So predictable :eek:

Mod: Banned from the forum for a week.

Fox News released polls last night of swing states. Trump is not doing much of the winning bigly that he promised us, in fact Biden now leads by 50% or more in all three states and they reported the undecideds are now very small numbers of voters.

Nevada
    Biden 52%
    Trump 41%

Ohio
    Biden 50%
    Trump 45%

Pennsylvania
    Biden 51%
    Trump 44%

This was an earlier picture of Trump watching the poll results on Fox News, he is not happy at losing bigly

trump-photoshop-pics16.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Muahahaha wrote: »

This was an earlier picture of Trump watching the poll results on Fox News, he is not happy at losing bigly

trump-photoshop-pics16.jpg

I'm like that Trump supporter, I know it is fake news, but it is still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Didnt know CNN have an Irish lad (Donie o'Sullivan) working for them as a reporter on technology, disinformation & politics. Anyway he went to a Trump rally and asked Trump supporters to show him their Facebook feed on their phone which had manipulated videos of Biden supposedly falling asleep during a live tv interview. When shown it was someone else who fell asleep and Biden was photoshopped into the video the Trump supporter could only say 'well its still funny'. He had nothing at all to say about the fake news that he had swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Its a good watch for an insight into the cult of Trump suppoerters. Even when shown definitive proof of fake news they refuse to believe it is fake because it doesnt follow the cults narrative.
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/09/24/facebook-trump-supporters-fact-check-misinformation-orig-me.cnn

I watched that part of it live this a.m.. Seems the supporter actually admitted 'oh, I guess this one got through' that is, he was fooled, but 'oooh! Washington post' was his next comment.

When the reporter asked another attendee why he wouldn't take opinions from those that disagree with him, he said "Because those people call me stupid" and a bunch of them chimed in with "ignorant!" He went on to say, waving his arms around, "I've got thousands that agree with me!"

To me, that was particularly chilling. Glad I'm not living in the US anymore.

It really is #CULT45.

No, but then I can't picture a Democrat offering Trump a similar kind of courtesy or civility also. He faces unrelenting hostility 24/7.

Obama's is incredibly respectful. Trump is likely to send multiple insulting tweets.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/03/politics/obama-trump-letter-inauguration-day/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

are you really judging trump on something he may do/not do in the future?

It’s an election that’s what people have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,455 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Obama's is incredibly respectful. Trump is likely to send multiple insulting tweets.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/03/politics/obama-trump-letter-inauguration-day/index.html

I think he will get over the line somehow but if he does lose it will be so interesting to see how he tries to spin it as being what he wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

salmocab wrote: »
    It’s an election that’s what people have to do

thats true to an extent.

judge both based upon the platform they're running on, their record to date, and how you think they will handle the next 4 years.

Not on something as unspecic as a letter to an ex president, that may or may not be written.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No, but then I can't picture a Democrat offering Trump a similar kind of courtesy or civility also. He faces unrelenting hostility 24/7.

You get what you deserve in life. Those who want respect, give respect.

There's similar videos showing liberals quotes from Trump on immigration and asked their opinions. The answers are predictable, "racist", "xenophobic", "nazi" etc until the interviewer reveals that it was actually Obama who said the quotes. The visual clarity of seeing their brains short circuiting is amazing.

Igotadose wrote: »
    I watched that part of it live this a.m.. Seems the supporter actually admitted 'oh, I guess this one got through' that is, he was fooled, but 'oooh! Washington post' was his next comment.

When the reporter asked another attendee why he wouldn't take opinions from those that disagree with him, he said "Because those people call me stupid" and a bunch of them chimed in with "ignorant!" He went on to say, waving his arms around, "I've got thousands that agree with me!"

It really is #CULT45.

Aren't there similar people on both sides? It's like the black Trump supporters who ask Trump's protesters "how is he racist", they stumble and go all mealy mouthed because they never have facts or an actual argument. They usually only need to keep repeating the mantra that "Trump is racist" and they rarely are ever held to account as to how exactly that is the case. Total cult behaviour.

For what it's worth, I think it's even more classy when the loser is gracious against the person they were directly campaigning against. Obama didn't lose to Trump, his term ended so it's much easier to do that. Maybe Obama even was slightly happy Hillary didn't get in after how nasty the 2008 primary was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

For what it's worth, I think it's even more classy when the loser is gracious against the person they were directly campaigning against. Obama didn't lose to Trump, his term ended so it's much easier to do that. Maybe Obama even was slightly happy Hillary didn't get in after how nasty the 2008 primary was.

That is some epic straw grasping right there. Why in the name of God would Hillary Clinton have been gracious towards Trump considering some of the things he said about her? By the way, she did phone him on election night to wish him well, to be rewarded with this "lock her up" crap and constant abuse from Trump for the last 4 years.

Igotadose wrote: »

It really is #CULT45.

Yeah it was an eye opener to see Trump supporters literally shown fake news and when it was debunked right in front of them they still refuse to believe it. Its particularly scary that you have people like that who are so invested in the cult that they will refuse to believe what their own eyes are telling them. Whats worse is these voters will still exist even if Trump loses so they are ripe to be taken over by another cult like leader.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That is some epic straw grasping right there. Why in the name of God would Hillary Clinton have been gracious towards Trump considering some of the things he said about her? By the way, she did phone him on election night to wish him well, to be rewarded with this "lock her up" crap and constant abuse from Trump for the last 4 years.

I'm saying Obama might not have been too unhappy that Hillary was defeated. She pulled out every smear in the book to try and win the Democaratic nomination in 2008. Don't think there was much love lost between them but he had to suck it up and giver her a job under orders of the party who were already thinking about getting her elected after Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm saying Obama might not have been too unhappy that Hillary was defeated. She pulled out every smear in the book to try and win the Democaratic nomination in 2008. Don't think there was much love lost between them but he had to suck it up and giver her a job under orders of the party who were already thinking about getting her elected after Obama.

Well he made her secretary of state...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well he made her secretary of state...

Doesn't mean he didn't hate her guts and like wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he didn't hate her guts and like wise.

you really shouldn't project your own hatred of her onto others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Aren't there similar people on both sides? It's like the black Trump supporters who ask Trump's protesters "how is he racist", they stumble and go all mealy mouthed because they never have facts or an actual argument. They usually only need to keep repeating the mantra that "Trump is racist" and they rarely are ever held to account as to how exactly that is the case. Total cult behaviour.
    There are plenty of instances that people can point to.....are you claiming that there's no argument to Trump being racist, or just some specific people in a video you're talking about but haven't linked?

I'm sure you'll deride the sources and ignore the content, but here's some links laying out arguments for Trump's racism. Racial discrimination in housing, the Central Park 5, Obama's birth cert, etc....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/
    https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump (wikipedia link yes, but every instance is referenced)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

There's similar videos showing liberals quotes from Trump on immigration and asked their opinions. The answers are predictable, "racist", "xenophobic", "nazi" etc until the interviewer reveals that it was actually Obama who said the quotes. The visual clarity of seeing their brains short circuiting is amazing.

Which group would you like to be in, considering the responses to finding out they've been duped?

Wait, Trump was subjecting Obama to racist conspiracies and abuse for years. He was also intent on dismantling everything done under Obama's presidency. So Obama writing such a letter is an expectation but he has far more reason to dislike Trump over Clinton. On top of that, Clinton was in his administration so he pretty clearly got over everything that happened in 2008....

Trump supporters make some weird inferences..

There are plenty of instances that people can point to.....are you claiming that there's no argument to Trump being racist, or just some specific people in a video you're talking about but haven't linked?

I'm sure you'll deride the sources and ignore the content, but here's some links laying out arguments for Trump's racism. Racial discrimination in housing, the Central Park 5, Obama's birth cert, etc....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/
    https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump (wikipedia link yes, but every instance is referenced)

are you saying trump is racist? or there is systemic racism in existence in america? or both/neither?

not what people say, what you think.

are you saying trump is racist? or there is systemic racism in existence in america? or both/neither?

not what people say, what you think.

i'm convinced he is racist. and systemic racism mos definitely exists in the US.

i'm convinced he is racist. and systemic racism mos definitely exists in the US.

i'm sure you know the follow up questions here:

can you provide the evidence that convinced you he is a racist?

can you provide any evidence of the systemic racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The proof for the first is above

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Made a point of making sure people knew he supported white supremacy.
    Was prosecuted for denying a rental property to black people
    Took out a full page ad advocating for the death penalty for 5 youths wrongly convicted of a crime.
    His niece published in her book that he has used racial slurs.
    He referred to some countries with largely black populations as ****h*le countries.
    Has spoken in a derogatory manner towards US political representatives who are non-white and suggested that they aren't American.

26 examples here

• Advertisement

sure but what would be the point? you would just ignore it. you have no interest in a debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement