Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

Ya I can't really see how anyone could think Trump isn't racist at this stage... Shouting he's greater for black Americans simply doesn't make it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ya I can't really see how anyone could think Trump isn't racist at this stage... Shouting he's greater for black Americans simply doesn't make it so...

how could he be racist, he has black people at his rallies. well, he one less than before since one of the best known ones died from covid that they probably caught at one of his rallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt know CNN have an Irish lad (Donie o'Sullivan) working for them as a reporter on technology, disinformation & politics. Anyway he went to a Trump rally and asked Trump supporters to show him their Facebook feed on their phone which had manipulated videos of Biden supposedly falling asleep during a live tv interview. When shown it was someone else who fell asleep and Biden was photoshopped into the video the Trump supporter could only say 'well its still funny'. He had nothing at all to say about the fake news that he had swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Its a good watch for an insight into the cult of Trump suppoerters. Even when shown definitive proof of fake news they refuse to believe it is fake because it doesnt follow the cults narrative.
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/09/24/facebook-trump-supporters-fact-check-misinformation-orig-me.cnn

Watch the social dilemma on netflix. It shows how Facebook and the other platforms just feed people the news they want to hear and that conforms with their views so they live in an echo chamber surrounded by like minded idiots all pushing the same lies and agenda. Social media is poison

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Made a point of making sure people knew he supported white supremacy.
    Was prosecuted for denying a rental property to black people
    Took out a full page ad advocating for the death penalty for 5 youths wrongly convicted of a crime.
    His niece published in her book that he has used racial slurs.
    He referred to some countries with largely black populations as ****h*le countries.
    Has spoken in a derogatory manner towards US political representatives who are non-white and suggested that they aren't American.

26 examples here

i thought he denounced white supremacy? granted my memory is vague. Maybe you could refresh with an example?

why was he prosecuted in that instance?

hadn't heard of the 5 youths, but will read up on that now.

his niece, thats pretty incontrovertible.

referring to some countries as ****holes. was that a statement of fact or what was he talking about?

has he spoken in a similar manner to non whites? re the non americans...i presume you are talking about Kamala Harris?

the linked report...those god damn asians! cos the data suggests they are the top of the pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »

I hope i have quoted him correctly below. anybody have any idea what he is on about? If biden said something similar he would be crucified.
    Right now, in a number of states, the law allows a baby to be born from his or hers mothers womb in the ninth month. It is wrong, it has to change ...

btw, Trump really needs to use more fixadent. he sounds like a drunk when he speaks because of his loose dentures

sure but what would be the point? you would just ignore it. you have no interest in a debate.

debate is good and healthy.

i've said here previously how i was incorrect in a certain instances, or how i am open to change. i just want facts that will help me along the way!

yes, i will acknowledge my bias towards trump and I try to measure my reactions to reports factoring in that bias, be it fox or CNN.

I hope i have quoted him correctly below. anybody have any idea what he is on about? If biden said something similar he would be crucified.

btw, Trump really needs to use more fixadent. he sounds like a drunk when he speaks because of his loose dentures

i'm guessing he meant aborted rather than born in the 9th month. thats the only possible explanations here?

seems like we have 2 crocks running!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

i'm guessing he meant aborted rather than born in the 9th month. thats the only possible explanations here?

seems like we have 2 crocks running!

Has Biden said something on a par with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Took out a full page ad advocating for the death penalty for 5 youths wrongly convicted of a crime.
    Trump said a good few ugly things about the Central Park 5, but I think it's pretty well documented at this stage that the ad he took out calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty called for it in cases of murder ("and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes), which excluded the Central Park 5.

That particular claim has been repeated on here again and again, even after being shown to be incorrect.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Has Biden said something on a par with that?

i would suggest worse TBH:

you'll have to forgive the god awful music in that 2nd clip. only short 1 i could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Amy Coney Barrett reportedly going to get the SC nomination

"Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court, CNN reports"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1309587480908234752?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

A presidential candidate does not speak like this. What a clown.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1309588967109439490

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If this is the level of discourse the thread might as well be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Congratulations, a video clip from 2016 :pac:

thats just our joe! a gaffe, it means nothing!

couldn't find the entire clip though, would be interested to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Amy Coney Barrett reportedly going to get the SC nomination

"Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court, CNN reports"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1309587480908234752?s=09

Of course he picks the most right wing, bat**** crazy one, they must have plenty in common.

osarusan wrote: »
    Trump said a good few ugly things about the Central Park 5, but I think it's pretty well documented at this stage that the ad he took out calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty called for it in cases of murder ("and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes), which excluded the Central Park 5.

That particular claim has been repeated on here again and again, even after being shown to be incorrect.

Calling for death penalty for gang rapists who happen to be black is not the same thing as calling for the death penalty BECAUSE they are black. He made no mention of skin colour so how exactly is this racism?

Calling for death penalty for gang rapists who happen to be black is not the same thing as calling for the death penalty BECAUSE they are black. He made no mention of skin colour so how exactly is this racism?

You didn't even read a word of my post, did you?

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    You didn't even read a word of my post, did you?

forgive me for jumping in here.

did you ask a question? if so, fire away. I'll do my best to answer.

They weren't gang rapists, their convictions were vacated and withdrawn. Maybe read about the case before you comment.

forgive me for jumping in here.

did you ask a question? if so, fire away. I'll do my best to answer.

I don't know what you are on about. Earlier, I pointed out that Trump had not in fact called for the execution of the Central Park 5, only for Wojtek to reply that Trump's calling for their execution was not racist.

This is why I speculate that he has not read (or understood) my post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

thats just our joe! a gaffe, it means nothing!

couldn't find the entire clip though, would be interested to see that.

Go to 1:50

Another angle

https://twitter.com/TrumpJew/status/1309583229654110217?s=19

So when Trump allegedly insults the US military he's a terrible person but when we have actual proof of Biden doing it with unedited video evidence it's just a gaffe and not a big deal.

The hypocrisy is laughable.

Another angle

So when Trump allegedly insults the US military he's a terrible person but when we have actual proof of Biden doing it with unedited video evidence it's just a gaffe and not a big deal.

You really don't understand context do you?

At a guess, it was a joke about his good judgment . The rest of the speech included praising the incredible sacrifices they'd made and wishing the US public comprehended that. So pretty clear he does not view them as "stupid bastards"... It's a gaffe and that's about it.

Another angle

soldier to joe's left looks nay impressed.

i know i asked for the full video to gain context, so thanks for that.

i'm gonna take a few mins now to spin that to criticse trump, and admire joe.

check him out at 2.05 scrambling for his notes.

At a guess, it was a joke about his good judgment . The rest of the speech included praising the incredible sacrifices they'd made and wishing the US public comprehended that. So pretty clear he does not view them as "stupid bastards"... It's a gaffe and that's about it.

Oh sure it was a joke when Biden does it but when Trump says something stupid or outrageous and his supporters say he was joking they're accused of being mind-readers but when Biden supporters say he's joking when he does the same thing it's accepted 100% and not questioned at all.

Another clear example of different standards being applied to both people.

check him out at 2.05 scrambling for his notes.

Sure the man can't do anything without a set of notes or a teleprompter that has been long established!

• Advertisement

Oh sure it was a joke when Biden does it but when Trump says something stupid or outrageous and his supporters say he was joking they're accused of being mind-readers but when Biden supporters say he's joking when he does the same thing it's accepted 100% and not questioned at all.

Another clear example of different standards being applied to both people.

You're right, that's as bad as calling dead soldiers "losers". Oh wait, no it's not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement