Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

You're right, that's as bad as calling dead soldiers "losers". Oh wait, no it's not.

Or mocking the parents of a dead soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Sure the man can't do anything without a set of notes or a teleprompter that has been long established!

i guess that remains to be seen.

here's my unbiased opinion...

the election will be decided upon based on the 1st debate. i have a feeling that DT will try to rile JB into a reaction.

Its a zero sum game for DT i think...as in get a reaction, win. Dont, lose.

i know there are 5 policies on the card, but the election aint coming down to policies, it has become so decisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You're right, that's as bad as calling dead soldiers "losers". Oh wait, no it's not.

Stick up the clip of Trump calling dead soldiers "losers", would be interesting to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

are you saying trump is racist? or there is systemic racism in existence in america? or both/neither?

not what people say, what you think.
    I think Trump is racist.

I think there is systemic racism in the States. Not that there is a conscious decision at all levels to promote racial policy, but that due to the history of the country, and overt and wide ranging racist policies of the past, there is not a level playing field for many people.

I'm also an American citizen. Are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Serious double standards on display here today. Trump allegedly said something bad about the military and people had a hissy fit. Now Biden demonstrably said something worse and the same people are turning a blind eye. Its not pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Serious double standards on display here today. Trump allegedly said something bad about the military and people had a hissy fit. Now Biden demonstrably said something worse and the same people are turning a blind eye. Its not pretty.

Biden made a joke to the military, he was giving them praise at the time. The two things aren’t comparable but you already know that and have decided to make the comparison anyway.

salmocab wrote: »
    Biden made a joke to the military, he was giving them praise at the time. The two things aren’t comparable but you already know that and have decided to make the comparison anyway.

You have no idea what the context is of Trumps words were or if he even really said them at all yet you have no problem judging him. Bidens words really look to me like his true feelings slipped out, he said it with malice IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

His true feelings? A joke at a military speech (in 2016) to get those listening to clap for a superior? This is not some lame excuse that he was joking, in the context of the speech it was clearly a joke.

Do you think the people attending were offended by it?

Do you think the people attending were offended by it?

Even if he was joking I am sure some people who attended were offended by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Look, anyone who sees that Biden clip and gets offended... Is looking to be offended by it.

It's pretty obvious from watching it, he was being facetious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You have no idea what the context is of Trumps words were or if he even really said them at all yet you have no problem judging him. Bidens words really look to me like his true feelings slipped out, he said it with malice IMHO

We do know the context of Trumps words. The weather was bad and he didn't want to bother to go to show respect. The actual words he used are largely irrelevant, his actions are the real tell and can't be denied.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    We do know the context of Trumps words. The weather was bad and he didn't want to bother to go to show respect. The actual words he used are largely irrelevant, his actions are the real tell and can't be denied.

You have it all wrong, there were official navy documents shared earlier in the thread that explained why he couldn't attend.

Leroy42 wrote: »

The documents themselves are contained in this article.

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/4/21422733/atlantic-trump-military-suckers-losers-explained

Documents obtained by BuzzFeed News’s Jason Leopold via the Freedom of Information Act seem to show the US Navy canceled Trump’s helicopter ride to the cemetery due to the bad weather. An email obtained by the Washington Examiner on Thursday night, relayed to the outlet by an unnamed White House official with the sender’s and receiver’s names redacted, appeared to confirm a “BAD [weather] call” had been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You have it all wrong, there were official navy documents shared earlier in the thread that explained why he couldn't attend.

Yeah tbf, I don't think any of the other world leaders that were there for the event showed up either.

Can't really give Trump grief for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

After Trump recalled McCain saying something that Trump considered an insult to him and his supporters, "I said, 'Somebody should run against McCain,' who has been, in my opinion, not so hot. And I supported him for president! I raised a million dollars for him. That's a lot of money! I supported him. He lost. He let us down. But he lost. So I never liked him much after that, because I don't like losers."

Amid audience laughter, the moderator, Republican pollster Frank Luntz, then interjected, "But he's a war hero!"

Trump responded, "He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/4/21422733/atlantic-trump-military-suckers-losers-explained

Documents obtained by BuzzFeed News’s Jason Leopold via the Freedom of Information Act seem to show the US Navy canceled Trump’s helicopter ride to the cemetery due to the bad weather. An email obtained by the Washington Examiner on Thursday night, relayed to the outlet by an unnamed White House official with the sender’s and receiver’s names redacted, appeared to confirm a “BAD [weather] call” had been made.

Those weather reports say nothing, despite the title in the tweet, about cancelling the flights due to rain, they're just a forecast. Also Justin Trudeau managed to make it there on the same day, as did Macron.

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/1301673157699407873?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

i guess that remains to be seen.

here's my unbiased opinion...

the election will be decided upon based on the 1st debate. i have a feeling that DT will try to rile JB into a reaction.

Its a zero sum game for DT i think...as in get a reaction, win. Dont, lose.

i know there are 5 policies on the card, but the election aint coming down to policies, it has become so decisive.

I think there will be only one debate.

If Biden comes out swinging at Trump and does well against him then Trump will panic as he doesnt like to lose and with there being no crowds at the debate to play up to inthink he is going to struggle.

Cue Trump cancelling further debates, expect excuses like

Too busy campaigning
    Too busy fighting ISIS
    Too busy fighting the Taliban
    Too busy fighting BLM
    Too busy fighting Antifa
    Too busy fighting Covid
    Too busy fighting China

And many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh give over, it was politically incorrect at worst. The faux outrage is just making you look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And no car? How did the other leaders make it? And we are back to believing that Trump listens to those around him when it suits the narrative, but of course we know he ignores then when he wants to.

Holding rallies despite Covid for example. If he wanted to go they would have found a way, but he didn't. It wasn't important enough to risk getting wet or cold.

He held the RNC conference at the WH against the law, are you thinking nobody informed him of such (it was in the media) but he didn't simply overrule them?

The man is a walking EO, he does what he wants. But you are right, on this occasion he absolutely had no choice but to listen to the navy. God, I'd bet he was fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Go to 1:50

Another angle

https://twitter.com/TrumpJew/status/1309583229654110217?s=19

So when Trump allegedly insults the US military he's a terrible person but when we have actual proof of Biden doing it with unedited video evidence it's just a gaffe and not a big deal.

The hypocrisy is laughable.
    You really don't understand context do you?

SilentCorner, another example for you.

Kidchameleon for you two, the videos above were taken out of context, and took edits to try and pretend that Biden was being a mean man to the military.

He wasn't.

Trump is the only one of the two candidates who has been a mean man to the military. Also a draft dodger (although burn spurs might explain how he can't walk properly 5 decades later).

• Advertisement

We do know he was gonna disinherit his children if they joined the military. We also know he's mocked the military regularly, he's mocked their families. He's actively been annoyed at the presence of disabled soldiers. Plus he ignored the fact the Russians had bounties on US soldiers.

This is the huge issue with Trump and his trumpettes.

Trump says he's a genius but he won't release his exam results.
    Trump says he's pro military but he refused to honour the war dead and condem a foreign adversary nation for putting out bounties on us soldiers.
    Trump says he's the most transparent president ever but he blocks any investigation into his presidency.
    Trump says he's a billionaire but he refuses to release any independently verified proof.
    Trump says he's in fantastic physical shape yet struggles with a slightly declined ramp.
    Trump says......

I really could go on with that list ad naseaum but taking a man at his word and not by his actions, is the first step to being conned. One has to have utilised a tradesman more than just once to have learnt that lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm very much anti Donnie..

The bounty on US soldiers heads as a slight against him is next to none existing.. don't use it as a tool to hit him with.. the top guy in Afghanistan has said there's been next to nothing with regards this story..

The bounty on US soldiers heads as a slight against him is next to none existing.. don't use it as a tool to hit him with.. the top guy in Afghanistan has said there's been next to nothing with regards this story..

Who said that? Quo Bono

duploelabs wrote: »
    Who said that? Quo Bono

Quo Bono? No idea who that is..

Or if you wanna search through Krystal and Saagars YouTube vids (The hill), it may help you..

I'm very much anti Donnie, yet at the same time this story, had me going yeah this may not be true from the get go.

And now believe this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This story: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

quotes General McKenzie, who is in charge in Afghanistan, as saying:
    "It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News. McKenzie oversees U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The U.S. continues to hunt for new information on the matter, he said.

"We continue to look for that evidence," the general said. "I just haven't seen it yet. But … it's not a closed issue."
    ==
    So, I'd go with, "not yet certain." Not "next to nothing." As of 14 September, they're still looking into it.

Igotadose wrote: »
    This story: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

quotes General McKenzie, who is in charge in Afghanistan, as saying:
    "It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News. McKenzie oversees U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The U.S. continues to hunt for new information on the matter, he said.

"We continue to look for that evidence," the general said. "I just haven't seen it yet. But … it's not a closed issue."
    ==
    So, I'd go with, "not yet certain." Not "next to nothing." As of 14 September, they're still looking into it.

From that you are going with "yeah it's true"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

From that you are going with "yeah it's true"?

No, I'm going with 'it's not proven false.'

FWIW, in the grand scheme of things to beat the #IMPOTUS with, there's plenty to choose from.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    No, I'm going with 'it's not proven false.'

FWIW, in the grand scheme of things to beat the #IMPOTUS with, there's plenty to choose from.

You've tried to say it as fact...

Come on.. there's a shed load of **** you/we can throw at this cnut and his supporter's then what you've throwen up there.. is my thinking on things..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement