Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

From that you are going with "yeah it's true"?

Remember back when the story broke. Trump never denied it was true, and we know it us something being looked into, instead he claimed that he was never informed.

Now, let's believe him for a sec. 1st off, why was the person responsible not fired? He fires people all the time.

Second, why not do something about it, like simply ask Putin straight out? But he choose not to even raise it.

Third, put military families minds at ease by fully investigating the rumour and putting it to bed? One can only assume that the risk exists that it is true and as such would be very negative for POTUS.

Trump even stated that the US does similar sp fair is fair. Not the thinking of someone who thinks it is beyond possible.

But one general, who's responsibility it would actually fall to to protect US troops and as such as a vested interest in claiming it doesn't exist, and who happens to serve at the pleasure of the CiC, says he can't rule it out and that is enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

@igotadose you have to remember how this story was reported, it was reported as "fact" from the get go, yet we find ourselves here questioning the story..

Ask yourself why?

I'm not saying this is a dem fabricaticed story, there is others involved here that benefit from this..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You've tried to say it as fact...

Come on.. there's a shed load of **** you/we can throw at this cnut and his supporter's then what you've throwen up there.. is my thinking on things..

I threw it up, and you're missing the point of the post. Watch what he does, not what he says

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Remember back when the story broke. Trump never denied it was true, and we know it us something being looked into, instead he claimed that he was never informed.

Now, let's believe him for a sec. 1st off, why was the person responsible not fired? He fires people all the time.

Second, why not do something about it, like simply ask Putin straight out? But he choose not to even raise it.

Third, put military families minds at ease by fully investigating the rumour and putting it to bed? One can only assume that the risk exists that it is true and as such would be very negative for POTUS.

Trump even stated that the US does similar sp fair is fair. Not the thinking of someone who thinks it is beyond possible.

But one general, who's responsibility it would actually fall to to protect US troops and as such as a vested interest in claiming it doesn't exist, and who happens to serve at the pleasure of the CiC, says he can't rule it out and that is enough,

You are summing this turd reads what is put in front of him.. everything else you speculate about goes from there..

Imo, he doesn't give one iota about the US soldiers out on the field..

I'm more inclined to believe a person in Afghanistan then a guy in Washington or out on a golf course

duploelabs wrote: »
    I threw it up, and you're missing the point of the post. Watch what he does, not what he says

I'm not going from what he has said.. this is your mistake

• Advertisement

I'm not going from what he has said.. this is your mistake

It's my mistake? I don't think you've read my initial post.

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's my mistake? I don't think you've read my initial post.

This whole point I picked up on was he didn't say/do anything about a non story? That you should not be using as a stick to hit the forever trumpers with..

Like I said, you and me have many other things to use against them then this non story..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

threeball wrote: »
    Watch the social dilemma on netflix. It shows how Facebook and the other platforms just feed people the news they want to hear and that conforms with their views so they live in an echo chamber surrounded by like minded idiots all pushing the same lies and agenda. Social media is poison

Yeah I watched it a few weeks ago. It was an eye opener seeing all those ex Facebook and Twitter employees basically saying they created a system that is one big echo chamber and now the genie cant be put back in the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

So Biden has told us he got to the senate 180 years ago. He must be bolloxed. Must explain all the short days.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

So Biden has told us he got to the senate 180 years ago. He must be bolloxed. Must explain all the short days.

Donald Prump, like.

Nothing will ever top that.

That Biden gaffe is hilarious, nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Faugheen wrote: »
    Donald Prump, like.

Nothing will ever top that.

That Biden gaffe is hilarious, nonetheless.

I dunno
    Melania home to the White House on Saturday after a week in hospital for kidney treatment - but managed to misspell her name as "Melanie" in a hastily deleted tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,455 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I dunno

The Eurostar trolling Trump with covfefe signs on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/09/25/donald-trump-fails-us-national-security-interests/

Robert Cardillo, who served under six presidents and briefed Trump: "I can be silent no longer."

"Four more years would be devastating. We must elect a thoughtful, moral, responsible, respectful leader on Nov. 3. Our current president is not that leader."

The opinion of an experienced, knowledgeable insider... All the Trump supporting experts on here know better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Deep state innit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Why are all these people that Trump hired coming out and telling the world how useless and damaging he is?

I don't remember that happening with Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama.

Why are all these people that Trump hired coming out and telling the world how useless and damaging he is?

At least one half are, the other half keep getting locked up

Shure when Harry and Meghan came out and told people to vote and that "it’s vital that we reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity" Trump fans immediately went nuts which tells you that even they know how bad they are

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Shure when Harry and Meghan came out and told people to vote and that "it’s vital that we reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity" Trump fans immediately went nuts which tells you that even they know how bad they are

That's because they are the most used accusations against Trump administration. Not because they are true. Dogwhistling. Everyone on both sides can read between the lines.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Look, anyone who sees that Biden clip and gets offended... Is looking to be offended by it.

It's pretty obvious from watching it, he was being facetious.

I am a trump leaning supporter and agree. People need to stop with the gotcha nonsense. Nobody really cares about these "offensive" situations which are 99 per cent of time taken out of proper context.

That's because they are the most used accusations against Trump administration. Not because they are true. Dogwhistling. Everyone on both sides can read between the lines.

They never mentioned Trump, is the point.

But everyone knows, including Trump supporters, that when calling for people to vote against those using hate, that it us Trump not Biden.

A more obvious example of Trump supporters knowing and accepting what Trump is would be hard to find.

At what point did you feel that supporting hate speech was acceptable? Was it always or just because of Trump?

• Advertisement

But everyone knows, including Trump supporters, that when calling for people to vote against those using hate, that it us Trump not Biden.

A more obvious example of Trump supporters knowing and accepting what Trump is would be hard to find.

At what point did you feel that supporting hate speech was acceptable? Was it always or just because of Trump?

It was a brilliant little bait and catch.

As I said, that's because they are the most commonly used accusations against the Trump administration. Not because they are actually true.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It was a brilliant little bait and catch.

No it was a cowardly way of being political while leaving plausible deniability because they didn't name any names. They think they are too clever by half and that the public are too thick to see through the nonsense.

As I said, that's because they are the most commonly used accusations against the Trump administration. Not because they are actually true.

Yet when you heard them say it the first thought was that they were talking about Trump. But you know it isn't true, so it is you contention that even by mentioning the very normal call to not vote for hate speech that people would immediately think of Trump.

So again, they didn't mention Trump, although you seem certain that is what they meant (btw Trump supporters do seem to have a unique ability to know what anybody really meant no matter what they said) and instead of applauding the very noble sentiment you take it as an attack on Trump.

So you have chosen defence of Trump over the ideal of decrying hate speech. What a novel position to take.

Do you think nobody should ever call out hate speech on the off chance that it reflects badly on somebody or is it just when you feel it is targeted at Trump?

Yet when you heard them say it the first thought was that they were talking about Trump. But you know it isn't true, so it is you contention that even by mentioning the very normal call to not vote for hate speech that people would immediately think of Trump.

So again, they didn't mention Trump, although you seem certain that is what they meant (btw Trump supporters do seem to have a unique ability to know what anybody really meant no matter what they said) and instead of applauding the very noble sentiment you take it as an attack on Trump.

So you have chosen defence of Trump over the ideal of decrying hate speech. What a novel position to take.

Do you think nobody should ever call out hate speech on the off chance that it reflects badly on somebody or is it just when you feel it is targeted at Trump?

Anybody no matter their political leanings is against hate speech. The problem nowadays is that hate speech is a pejorative and abused term and can mean anything depending on who defines it. JK Rowling is now a proponent of hate speech apparently. Graham Linehan too. If your opinions differ from mine can I report you for hate speech? Is that ok?

Are you really saying that Trump doesn't use hate speech, misinformation and online negativity? Have you seen his twitter feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Man this is embarrassing. Hundreds of people leaving a Trump rally while he's still talking. Obviously not being paid enough to stay for the whole thing. #enthusiasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Are you really saying that Trump doesn't use hate speech, misinformation and online negativity? Have you seen his twitter feed?

Can you define hate speech?

Anybody no matter their political leanings is against hate speech. The problem nowadays is that hate speech is a pejorative and abused term and can mean anything depending on who defines it. JK Rowling is now a proponent of hate speech apparently. Graham Linehan too. If your opinions differ from mine can I report you for hate speech? Is that ok?

Ya but Rowling or her supporters dont believe what she says is hate speech but with the Markle comments Trump fans jumped straight up and said "thats us" when she was talking about voting against hate

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Man this is embarrassing. Hundreds of people leaving a Trump rally while he's still talking. Obviously not being paid enough to stay for the whole thing. #enthusiasm

Its like the Mayo fans leaving croker when the Dubs are 2 goals and 10 points up, they know their side is getting hammered so why bother staying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement