Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It wasn't Joe, they had Obama dressed up as him, Hollywood elites/liberals sent the best makeup artists they had to make him look like Biden.

Trump just tweeted minutes ago.

“I will be strongly demanding a Drug Test of Sleepy Joe Biden prior to, or after, the Debate on Tuesday night. Naturally, I will agree to take one also. His Debate performances have been record setting UNEVEN, to put it mildly. Only drugs could have caused this discrepancy???“

How sadly predictable.
    Getting the excuses in already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I haven't posted any videos :confused:

It seems Joe is losing his train of thought a lot more than in the past. Yes he's always been partial to the odd gaffe and that still remains but it's obvious he lingers longer on questions and tends to ramble on a bit without actually making much sense. I'm not in the "he has dementia" camp but i do think he isn't nearly as sharp as the Joe from say 5 years ago.

Put it this way, Trump can screw up and say stupid things as that's what he does everyone is used to it but Joe is expected to be the "sensible coherent" politician. He doesn't come out of the debate looking just that and he's going to get creamed come voting day.

OK, so rhetoric with zero proof. As for the pauses, You realise Biden has a lifelong stammer right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'd guess most voters have already made up their mind anyway, before the debates.

After his first campaign and 4 years in office, Trump's schtick is well known so I can't imagine he will pick up a significant number of votes if he performs well, or lose a significant number if he performs badly.

Biden can probably win some votes if he shows he is not the dementia-stricken shell that Trump-friendly people have portrayed him as.

But i think the impact of the debates is more limited than people seem to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's so strange as if the debate is an olympic event. They can take performance enhancing drugs if they wish and they are legal. Same as anyone can. Unless they are operating machinery or there is some other legal obligation. Not that there is any reasonable suspicion of drug usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's so strange as if the debate is an olympic event. They can take performance enhancing drugs if they wish and they are legal. Same as anyone can. Unless they are operating machinery or there is some other legal obligation. Not that there is any reasonable suspicion of drug usage.

Only in Trumps mind could performance enhanced debating become a "thing". The fact that anyone entertains it speaks more about them as gullible individuals.

• Advertisement

It wasn't Joe, they had Obama dressed up as him, Hollywood elites/liberals sent the best makeup artists they had to make him look like Biden.

To be fair, the Dems taking all the best make up artists away would explain why Trump looks the way he does. i.e. like a 5 year old found the make up drawer for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Trump wants the debates to be drug tested. It's going to be great craic.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1310211120922230784?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Looking forward to the debate on Tuesday. I hope it goes ahead but I wouldn't be surprised if Joe comes down with a case of "Corona virus" before it. I simply cannot see how he is going to look good coming out of a debate with Trump. He'd be eaten alive. Does anyone think there is any possibility that Biden will not attend the debate and sometime after that, be replaced by another candidate (Clinton maybe)? I genuinely think this is a possibility.

On what demented corner of the internet is this being seriously proposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Seriously, wtf is wrong with Trump? That Tweet is absolutely nuts. Going for the conspiracy theory demographic I suppose.

Also in relation to the drug test nonsense. Is he really pushing the nonsensical claim that dementia is easily resolved with drugs. It's up there with secret cancer cures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Seriously, wtf is wrong with Trump? That Tweet is absolutely nuts. Going for the conspiracy theory demographic I suppose.

Record setting uneven? Just words that don’t even make sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Joe is older than we all think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73KDtznNrC8

I do love these Joe gaffe's in fairness.

So a page back you claimed
    'I haven't posted any videos'

Yet here we are, sad

I would be interested in seeing where this is being floated as well.

I think this beats the assertion by one poster (back when it was the Trump coronation thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113278982&postcount=1618) that Cuomo would somehow replace Biden before the conventions. Or Eagle_Eye convinced that Sanders would still run.

duploelabs wrote: »
    So a page back you claimed
    'I haven't posted any videos'

Yet here we are, sad

Yes that's right i hadn't posted any videos at that stage :confused:

You do understand timelines right.

Is that you Joe?

Is that you Joe?

Thing is, you're a poster that follows a pretty defined pattern that will tend to fall back on YouTube videos.

Is that you Joe?

No, but can you prove you're not the weak minded fool you're painting yourself to be by providing something other than a doctored video to substantiate your point

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You should take a look at the Election thread over on the gambling forum, theres a Trump supporter over there who has been going on for weeks that Biden wont even make it to election day because he will drop out due to bad health and that everyone should back Kamala ASAP. Fools and their money are easily parted it seems.

Looking forward to the debate on Tuesday. I hope it goes ahead but I wouldn't be surprised if Joe comes down with a case of "Corona virus" before it. I simply cannot see how he is going to look good coming out of a debate with Trump. He'd be eaten alive. Does anyone think there is any possibility that Biden will not attend the debate and sometime after that, be replaced by another candidate (Clinton maybe)? I genuinely think this is a possibility.

I think you're going to be in for a surprise on Tuesday so. Trump and his cult have spent months on their Sleepy Joe campaign but they've actaully painted themselves into a corner by setting expectations as low as they can be. All Biden has to do is show up and not be asleep and immediately he is on to a winner.

Im also looking forward to Biden walking on stage with a mask on while Trump shows up not wearing one. It will be a strong political symbol that Biden takes the virus seriously while Trump still thinks its all a Democratic hoax that will go away. And when it comes to debating the virus all Biden has to do is say 'Sorry Mr.President, you are the one who advocated that the American people injest bleach' and then he can just sit back and watch Trump floundering for a response which will be an inevitable car crash.

Tuesday night will be the first time in four years that Trump will truly be held accountable for his record. He's had it all his own way up until now and I dont think he is going to be prepared for what is coming his way, he has a pretty terrible record to defend and I can see him floundering around for answers to the questions that are put to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Tuesday night will be the first time in four years that Trump will truly be held accountable for his record.

The first time ever. Before it just been his own business which he can dodge.

Trump is in for a rough night on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Not sure how to word this.

How were / What were Trump's debates actually like last time around??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Trump will simply refuse to debate Biden without Biden taking a drug test ... Expecting a lot of t tweets the coming 48 hours

duploelabs wrote: »
    No, but can you prove you're not the weak minded fool you're painting yourself to be by providing something other than a doctored video to substantiate your point

What is doctored about the video. That's what he said.

Can you please refrain from resorting to name calling thanks.

amdublin wrote: »
    Not sure how to word this.

How were / What were Trump's debates actually like last time around??

He did some weird ass stalking of Clinton around the stage. It's was the most physical exertion he had engage in, in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Is that it? The guy making a joke about how long he's been around. Really embarrassed for you but I guess from years of watching Trump, someone making a joke about themselves must be alien to you guys. Biden has always taken the piss out of himself, it's one of the things that actually makes him relatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

He did some weird ass stalking of Clinton around the stage. It's was the most physical exertion he had engage in, in years.

He is not too good at the walking these days so he'd want to be careful with this kind of stunt this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wouldn't want him to do a debate either, using this as an example of Biden inability to complete a coherent sentence let alone an argument or point.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1310100833078448128

yeah trump is such a great public speaker. he needs to get his dentures fixed

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1310014509562634240

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Also what is up with the hair and makeup...he looks like an even bigger clown than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Also what is up with the hair and makeup...he looks like an even bigger clown than usual.
    Masculinity icon14.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Trump was ls 100% correct to be concerned about voter fraud. Seems the FBI are investigating mail in ballots for President Trump being found in a bin

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/temporary-contractor-threw-trump-mail-ballots-trash-pennsylvania/story?id=73251533

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,455 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Its all just typical Trump and his silly comments until someone gets hurt or killed for putting rubbish in a bin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement