Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    LOL at the Biden fans asking questions of me!

It's over and they all know it.

Catch you in the next cartoon.
    What's your point in posting here then?

You've said Trump won, but won't back it up with any reasoning once asked. If you're not interested in any kind of discussion, why bother posting at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What's your point in posting here then?

You've said Trump won, but won't back it up with any reasoning once asked. If you're not interested in any kind of discussion, why bother posting at all?

There isn't a point, just trolling. They learn from their leader! Monkey see monkey do

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Trump repeatedly refusing to condemn white supremacy it the most chilling thing to come out of this debate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

rosser44 wrote: »
    Trump repeatedly refusing to condemn white supremacy it the most chilling thing to come out of this debate

The proud boys are 100% going to show up armed at the polls, and trump just gave them permission to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Not a single time during that ****show did trump address the camera he was addressing wallace and Biden. Biden on numerous occasion looked straight down the camera addressing the american people.

Apart from soundbites I do not remember any actual policy coming out of Trumps mouth.

• Advertisement

The fact that the Proud Boys have "official" in their website URL says all you need to know about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I would call that a draw, I thought Biden did well in some parts and trump in others, it was interesting to watch Biden when trump was speaking, he spent a lot of time looking downwards, that didn't look good, I thought when he addressed the camera it came across as fake, trump was his usual we're doing great and it's only going to get better, looking forward to the next one, it's fascinating to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Biden done better than I expected, no major gaffes but at times looked like his anger was going to show through. I think Trump interrupting Biden allowed him to pull back, maybe he should have let Biden have more mike time.

Neither done themselves any favors with condemning violent groups. Trump should have been clearer in his answer but Biden saying Antifa is an idea and not a group sounded silly and like a denial that it exists.

Wasn't a fan of Chris Wallace as moderator he seemed unable to control either candidate.

Final thoughts, no clear winner and it wouldn't surprise me if the next two debates are cancelled by Biden's team because they didn't like their candidate being interrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I would call that a draw, I thought Biden did well in some parts and trump in others, it was interesting to watch Biden when trump was speaking, he spent a lot of time looking downwards, that didn't look good, I thought when he addressed the camera it came across as fake, trump was his usual we're doing great and it's only going to get better, looking forward to the next one, it's fascinating to watch

100% agree it was fascinating.

Something else I find fascinating is how people watching the same thing have completely differing feelings and opinions on the little things e.g. you felt Biden addressing the camera to be fake where I felt it showed a confidence around his belief and that he felt it was more important to get the message to the people who vote instead of the person opposite him. I felt he was trying to make a connection with the voters at home (he’s not trying to get trumps vote or wallaces but the american peoples votes)

HDMI wrote: »
    Biden done better than I expected, no major gaffes but at times looked like his anger was going to show through. I think Trump interrupting Biden allowed him to pull back, maybe he should have let Biden have more mike time.

Neither done themselves any favors with condemning violent groups. Trump should have been clearer in his answer but Biden saying Antifa is an idea and not a group sounded silly and like a denial that it exists.

Wasn't a fan of Chris Wallace as moderator he seemed unable to control either candidate.

Final thoughts, no clear winner and it wouldn't surprise me if the next two debates are cancelled by Biden's team because they didn't like their candidate being interrupted.

He's right though, antifa isn't a group, and Biden bluntly said he didn't condone violence.

Trump was very clear in his answer....

• Advertisement

Tippex wrote: »
    100% agree it was fascinating.

Something else I find fascinating is how people watching the same thing have completely differing feelings and opinions on the little things e.g. you felt Biden addressing the camera to be fake where I felt it showed a confidence around his belief and that he felt it was more important to get the message to the people who vote instead of the person opposite him. I felt he was trying to make a connection with the voters at home (he’s not trying to get trumps vote or wallaces but the american peoples votes)

It's human nature in action, making eye contact is a sign of confidence, but in real life I find it creepy. I really felt like Biden talking down the camera worked, especially because trump seemed to be following an invisible fly around the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

hynesie08 wrote: »
    He's right though, antifa isn't a group, and Biden bluntly said he didn't condone violence.

Trump was very clear in his answer....

Sure Antifa isn't a group, all these people just happen to turn up with truck loads of weapons with no organization. I think the residents of Portland would disagree.

HDMI wrote: »
    Sure Antifa isn't a group, all these people just happen to turn up with truck loads of weapons with no organization. I think the residents of Portland would disagree.

It's an overarching term, a political ideology, unlike white supremacy, trump specifically refused to denounce a white supremacist group, Biden did denounce violent people under the antifa ideology, but not the ideology itself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's an overarching term, a political ideology, unlike white supremacy, trump specifically refused to denounce a white supremacist group, Biden did denounce violent people under the antifa ideology, but not the ideology itself.....

What is the antifa ideology?

What is the antifa ideology?

They're anti fascism..... It's right there in the name.......

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“Stand back and standby”

That’s not a denunciation that’s a communique.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The betting money has poured in on Biden after that debate.

Gone from 8/11 to 8/13

Trump drifted from 6/5 to 11/8.

Its clear who the winner was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Overheal wrote: »
    “Stand back and standby”

That’s not a denunciation that’s a communique.
    Stand back

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/proud-boys-celebrate-after-trump-s-debate-call-out-n1241512

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

When the CNN headline is:

An Absolutely Awful Debate

you can be sure that Biden won nothing. Tonight was his shot. He missed.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what alternate dimension you're living in, but Trump is massively behind in the polls. Status quo is good for Biden and awful for Trump. If the consensus view becomes that there was no winner from the debate itself, then Trump is the massive loser.

I'm not sure what alternate dimension you're living in, but Trump is massively behind in the polls. Status quo is good for Biden and awful for Trump. If the consensus view becomes that there was no winner from the debate itself, then Trump is the massive loser.

Polls me hole.

There is a nationwide campaign in the States for Trump supporters to respond to "polls" as Biden voters.

Biden didn't have to take any shot.

The fall out of trumps call to Arms to racists will be his own downfall

Polls me hole.

There is a nationwide campaign in the States for Trump supporters to respond to "polls" as Biden voters.
    Oh is there now? How are they managing to foll every single pollster in that case?

Any chance you could give me a link so I can read up on this? Hadn't heard it before

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Biden didn't have to take any shot.

The fall out of trumps call to Arms to racists will be his own downfall

"racists".

Yeah, Biden will lose "because racists".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

sydthebeat wrote:
    A draw for Biden in the debate is a win for him overall. He just needs to stay ahead.

If he won that debate he'd be a lot shorter.

eagle eye wrote: »
    A draw for Biden in the debate is a win for him overall. He just needs to stay ahead.

If he won that debate he'd be a lot shorter.

Its a two horse race.

8/13 is EXTREMELY short in a 2 horse race

I don't expect him to stay that short come voting day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

sydthebeat wrote:
    I don't expect him to stay that short come voting day.
    Well I think he'll be a lot shorter. Trump isn't capable of convincing the public that he is better than Biden.
    Biden just needs to say less and not lose his temper and it's a landslide win in November.
    I think it'll be the lowest turnout of voters for an election in the history of American politics. Between covid and two awful candidates I think you'll see less people vote than ever before.
    I was thinking during that debate that if you had a younger intelligent independent candidate he'd have a real chance of beating those two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

My God what a stinking turd of a "debate" that was. If this is the best the American political system can up with then they are absolutely fcuked going forward. An utter embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The betting money has poured in on Biden after that debate.

Gone from 8/11 to 8/13

Trump drifted from 6/5 to 11/8.

There was no winner, only losers. The American electorate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement