Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Not having an audience definitely hurt Donald

Joe biden being told to laugh every time donald insulted him just got sadder and sadder as the debate went on.

The usual issue with biden and numbers, claiming 200 million dead under trumps watch, corrected himself a few times though.

An absolute dumpster fire of a debate.

Donalds tactic of interrupting to confuse biden definitely worked, Biden had a few senior moments with numbers, mixing up the parties etc..

Overall Donald came out stronger in that debate, but in a school bully kind of way, a rather low brow childish way.

Biden definitely came off weaker and was definitely showing his age but was more dignified in how he handled himself and tried his best to avoid stooping as low.

The real losers last night were the American public and the poor moderator. But in the frame of that debate im going to give the win to Donald trump, but barely, It just emboldened the toxic elements of his base , not persuaded moderates to vote for him (which is the idea) , but I cant see biden gaining from it either, I think itll make more people stay at home which benefits trump

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sometimes i wonder if we all watched the same debate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

As an American living and working in Dublin i can only say that "debate" was an embarrassment to everything i hold dear and strive for my nation to be.

An absolute mess from both candidates and i don't hold out much hope for my country no matter which way the election swings in a few weeks time.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Your little role plays (that you seem to think are hilarious) are beyond cringe-worthy....

thanks for bumping up my posts ..

I appreciate your support of my role plays ....

law of unintended consequences ... look it up .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

RIGOLO wrote: »
    thanks for bumping up my posts ..

I appreciate your support of my role plays ....

law of unintended consequences ... look it up .:)
    Aye mate, you're doing unbelievable numbers on boards.ie! What do you plan on parlaying this unprecedented exposure into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

We've got Trump supporters in here swearing blind he never said it at all, it's a fake news stitch up, etc......and then you have Trump himself saying he was just being "sarcastic".

Yes they are constantly having to pivot as he lies so much. He ties himself up in knots and then they end up the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Interesting that he said he was being sarcastic about injecting bleach. How does that even make sense?

He was deadly serious when he said that. No joking, no sarcasm, not even a smile. He called himself smart for suggesting it. He's a buffoon.

As an American living and working in Dublin i can only say that "debate" was an embarrassment to everything i hold dear and strive for my nation to be.

An absolute mess from both candidates and i don't hold out much hope for my country no matter which way the election swings in a few weeks time.

thats ok . everyone entitled to an opinion.

Welcome to a country that had
    A Taoiseach (Leo) for 3 years that was never mandated by a popular vote , he just assumed the seat after the other guy moved on
    A country that had no government for 3-4 months during a global pandemic.
    A country whos current leader was instrumental in a 40 billion euro collpase of the the countrys finance and taxpayers continue to pay off that debt
    A country and a cabinet where the party who won the popular vote, won the highest % first preference has no representation at cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

He was deadly serious when he said that. No joking, no sarcasm, not even a smile. He called himself smart for suggesting it. He's a buffoon.

Yep that's what I thought watching it live.
    But then people said he didn't say it.
    Now he is saying he did and he was being sarcastic.

If he gets four more years America is some crazy place :pac:

A Taoiseach (Leo) for 3 years that was never mandated by a popular vote , he just assumed the seat after the other guy moved on
    A country whos current leader was instrumental in a 40 billion euro collpase of the the countrys finance and taxpayers continue to pay off that debt
    A country and a cabinet where the party who won the popular vote, won the highest % first preference has no representation at cabinet.

I didnt realise we had an election for the position of taoiseach. when did they start happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

So you’re left wing in Ireland and right wing in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,492 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Beasty wrote: »
    No spitting, biting, gouging or uncivility allowed

First thread here

Any chance you're free to moderate the next presidential debate, Beasty?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I wouldnt class SF as left here, they try to appear that way but just attract the reactionary dregs from both sides for some reason.....( more dole , free gaffs)

Seems like the story about Trump calling dead soldiers losers and suckers is true and came from sources inside his administration.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997
    When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

He has also called soldiers who get captured losers and questioned why the son of John Kelly risked his life when there was nothing to be gained personally for him.

Neither was Trump (well, 4 years, not 3...)

try to keep up.. havent you heard some would have you believe there is no left ...:D

I wouldnt class SF as left here, they try to appear that way but just attract the reactionary dregs from both sides for some reason.....( more dole , free gaffs)

Everyone's left by your view.

OK, maybe not Renua...

Neither was Trump

Yeah but Trump lives in a Federal Republic of States.. he didnt need one ..

you dont seem up to speed on US Constitutional politics or the US gun market. PM me I can direct you to some sources that will edify you .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Watching it here. Trump is such a cretin. The whole debate is such rubbish. Biden 'He destroyed the economy' while calling for more lockdowns which in the short term at least would kill the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nor did Leo, eh?

Hey, how's that economy doing?

• Advertisement

you dont seem up to speed on US Constitutional politics or the US gun market. PM me I can direct you to some sources that will edify you .

Leo didnt need one either. you dont seem well up on how the position of taoiseach is elected. here is a clue: it isn't by popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Debate went as expected. Biden did pretty well, no brain freezes and discussed plans and policies well.
    I don't know what you were watching but I heard no plans or policies discussed in detail from either of them. Just a few soundbites but nothing of substance.

My point entirely: popular vote is a pointless statistic and a moot point. Even Boris got to be Prime Minister without winning the popular vote and he crushed the eelction.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you found a winner then you didn't watch the same debate as me.
    Best comment, made a few times in this thread, is that the big loser was the American public seeing that one of these will lead the country for the next four years.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know what you were watching but I heard no plans or policies discussed in detail from either of them. Just a few soundbites but nothing of substance.

That sums up every Trump debate since 2015. Throw a heap of mud at the other person and hope it sticks and also sully their name and relatives with unproven allegations. John McCain, Hillary Clinton and now the Bidens.

He has ZERO interest in discussing ideas and policies.

Biden committed to the Paris Accords, electrifying government vehicles, retrofitting government buildings and that was just on climate change alone.

Trumps policy? "We need more clean air". That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is this the FOX NEWS your talking about ...
    the one that just broke TV HISTORY record ratings

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2020/09/29/hannity-has-highest-rated-quarter-in-history-as-fox-news-beats-broadcast-networks-a-tv-first/

must be lonely watching main stream news and fake news, knowing your a dwindling audience and more people are flipping the channel.

What had that got to do with what I posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

When you're dealing with people who consider 200k+dead a great success after Trump himself bragged he could keep it below 60,000 it says all that needs to be said.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you found a winner then you didn't watch the same debate as me.
    Best comment, made a few times in this thread, is that the big loser was the American public seeing that one of these will lead the country for the next four years.

No winner but biden did what he had to do after a slow start. trump embarrassed himself but his supporters dont see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I suppose Trumps risk is having set the expectation so low for Biden that anything other than Biden drooling from the corner of his mouth is a win for Biden

I suspect the "jobs not mobs" slogan will really hurt Biden though, he better hope that a white cop doesnt off some black felon in the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Biden definitely better. Trump drags him down to his level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement