Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The Nal wrote: »
    Obama or especially Clinton would've left Trump in tears last night. Shivering on the floor.

Two dreadful candidates last night. Rough 4 years ahead.

I'd just be happy to see a bit of decorum and polite discourse to be honest. And no more dog whistle racism.

You don't need to be the most remarkable person ever to be that person. Just a decent one.

All the fascination on these circus debates is unhealthy..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,437 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I agree. It is very worrying Joe couldn't take advantage of how stupid Trump is. I can imagine someone like Obama or Clinton in their prime would have won the debate easy. I think Joe coming out of these debates not being a clear winner doesn't bode well for us.

Obama would rip Trump to shreds which is why despite attacking Obama from day 1 he waited till after his second term to run because he knew he would get slaughtered.

elefant wrote: »
    A clown, I think.

Will he has the hair and makeup

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Will he has the hair and makeup

bada-boom *tish*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

elefant wrote: »
    A clown, I think.

Yup, twice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Das Reich wrote: »
    They want to reduce Brazilian production of food, that feeds more than 1 billion people on the world. Countries like China or Iran depends on it. Those democrats are a danger for the other countries, look at how many problems Obama created on Arab countries.

Brazil exports $500-600m food to China. Only small fraction of the $100+ billion China spends on food imports..

What problems did Obama create on Arab countries? He pretty much removed most troops from Iraq and Afghanistan put there by his Republican predecessor, signed Iran nuclear deal.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Brazil exports $500-600m food to China. Only small fraction of the $100+ billion China spends on food imports..

What problems did Obama create on Arab countries? He pretty much removed most troops from Iraq and Afghanistan put there by his Republican predecessor, signed Iran nuclear deal.
    Ya but those are facts and facts have no place in a thread about Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pair of morons. They are just embarrassing.
    Are these two jokers really the best that the most powerful nation in the world can put forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's a bit mad, Joe Biden is asking people to for him as President, even though we all know he won't actually have much say if he gets in office. The decisions will be all made for him. They'll be electing the very shady inner workings of the democrat party and their vested interests.

At least with Trump you know he is the leader. The party falls in line for what he wants. You won't be getting into any shady wars. He won't sign up for shabby trade deals. Immigration will be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pair of morons. They are just embarrassing.
    Are these two jokers really the best that the most powerful nation in the world can put forward?

The soon to be 2nd most powerful nation in the world. The 21st century will be a Chinese century.

The two idiots last night are putting more nails in the coffin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yup, twice :pac:
    Biden called Trump a "clown" once from what I saw and immediately apologised.

He also told him to "shut up" and that he was the "worst president in history".

Trump's insults would be too many to list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Joe is going to regret a lot of the stuff he said last night i think. Trump dragged him down to his level on purpose and Joe fell into his trap. A sharp politician would have destroyed Trump last night.

Trump refusing to be critical of proud boys.

Joe saying Antifa doesn't exist.

This is pure madness. Someone needs to step forward and call these two twits out on this. America deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Danzy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/EquipoTrump/status/1306268390613561354?s=20

Telemundo poll gives Trump 2 to 1 debate victory.

Indicative of the inroads he has made in the Hispanic vote.

This is something I'm missing, has biden said something in the past that has turned them away from him..

Also, trump is doing better with the mid forties to early fifties group but is losing in the older voters, I can only guess this has got to do with the pandemic response or lack there of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think in the minds of most unbiased people, hard to be unbiased on Trump I know, it was a draw last night.

In boxing each round has to have a winner, so I'm asking you that thought it was a draw that if you had to mark it 10-9 which way would you go?

I'd go Biden 10 Trump 9 personally. I did think there was nothing in it though.

Please only answer this if you thought there was no winner.

It's a bit mad, Joe Biden is asking people to for him as President, even though we all know he won't actually have much say if he gets in office. The decisions will be all made for him. They'll be electing the very shady inner workings of the democrat party and their vested interests.

At least with Trump you know he is the leader. The party falls in line for what he wants. You won't be getting into any shady wars. He won't sign up for shabby trade deals. Immigration will be limited.

Trump is no more a leader than i am a quarter back for the 49'ers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Do you honestly believe Trump has a clue what is going on under a lot of his leadership?...he is entirely clueless!
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/04/no-one-listens-to-the-president/587557/

Shabby trade deals are you joking?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51055491

Shady dealings galore btw under his watch...who knows where to start...maybe the contracts for "the wall"?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/05/trump-border-wall-contractor/590242/

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-kevin-cramer-donald-trump-texas-laredo-2f617a0f7c5c6ebdd5a175144c5cb1fb

This is before we get into his and his families involvement in Steve bannons fradulent "we build the wall" scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think in the minds of most unbiased people, hard to be unbiased on Trump I know, it was a draw last night.

In boxing each round has to have a winner, so I'm asking you that thought it was a draw that if you had to mark it 10-9 which way would you go?

I'd go Biden 10 Trump 9 personally. I did think there was nothing in it though.

Please only answer this if you thought there was no winner.

Agree that an unbiased person would call it largely a draw.

To use your boxing analogy I'd take it a step further that judges often lean towards the champion in a tight bout, in the challenger has to demonstrate that he won. So I'd go 10-9 Trump.

I think Biden will see it as a missed opportunity. He did ok, but he didn't land anything on Trump, he missed the openings Trump left for him.

Trump was his usual ignorant, obnoxious, odious self. He'll have far less regrets, things went largely as planned.

Overall, I doubt many swing voters were swayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

This is pure madness. Someone needs to step forward and call these two twits out on this. America deserves better.

Why does it?

Sure why is there only two possibilities? Its a joke of an election.
    Two clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,491 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Interestingly, the odds on a Biden in have dropped a good bit in the last 24 hours, read into that waht you will....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Interestingly, the odds on a Biden in have dropped a good bit in the last 24 hours, read into that waht you will....

By how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would think the odds on Biden dropping is a consolidation, he's ahead in all the polls for swing states and didnt lose last night so now the betting markets have reacted to that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would think the odds on Biden dropping is a consolidation, he's ahead in all the polls for swing states and didnt lose last night so now the betting markets have reacted to that.

Id trust the polls as much as I'd trust Trump with my daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Agree that an unbiased person would call it largely a draw.

To use your boxing analogy I'd take it a step further that judges often lean towards the champion in a tight bout, in the challenger has to demonstrate that he won. So I'd go 10-9 Trump.

I think Biden will see it as a missed opportunity. He did ok, but he didn't land anything on Trump, he missed the openings Trump left for him.

Trump was his usual ignorant, obnoxious, odious self. He'll have far less regrets, things went largely as planned.

Overall, I doubt many swing voters were swayed.

to continue the boxing analogy trump is behind in the polls so he needed a knockout. he didnt deliver anything close to that. instead he punched himself in the face a few times.

Biden called Trump a "clown" once from what I saw and immediately apologised.

He also told him to "shut up" and that he was the "worst president in history".

Trump's insults would be too many to list.

He apologised the second time he called him a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump wasn't able to deliver anything close to a knockout blow to a guy supposedly suffering dementia. He probably inflicted a few damaging hits on himself if anything. Doesn't say much for Trump to be honest.

Sky bet have Biden 4/7 Trump 11/8 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

More like when when a couple have forgotten seeing each other 20 minutes earlier in the car ride over to the debate. Cause every husband and wife greet like that every time they see each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

More like when when a couple have forgotten seeing each other 20 minutes earlier in the car ride over to the debate. Cause every husband and wife greet like that every time they see each other.

Yeah, look at her being proud of her husband, must be dementia......

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Nothing to do with being proud. Its supposedly about how much love they have for each other

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement