Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Overheal wrote: »
    Is that all you had to add?

Yeah. Just about.

Tulsi Gabbard would have been great. Andrew Yang great also. Together even, great. But feck me Biden is bewilderingly unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Yeah. Just about.

Tulsi Gabbard would have been great. Andrew Yang great also. Together even, great. But feck me Biden is bewilderingly unfortunate.

Why's that?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He is really terrible. It is unfortunate.

You clearly have no idea about Joe Biden if you think he’s ‘terrible’.

There are videos of top Republicans talking about how well liked and respected he is. He’s infinitely more popular than Hillary Clinton ever was.

As I said before, he was brought in to throw the punches for the Obama/Biden ticket because Democrats thought Obama couldn't fight.

He was well prepared for Bernie, Warren, Harris and everyone else the Democrats threw at him. He’ll be ready to demand Trump defend his record as President as well.

Before you suggest that Biden will have to defend his record - GOP have been going after Obama and Biden for the last 12 years. Swing voters aren’t going to settle for that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Because he was the most well liked by America's primary voters, and he also happens to be exceptionally qualified.
    and well able to tell a reporter to fook off asking irrelevant and stupid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Why oh why oh why oh why do they have to pick this guy?

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1291060107611181058?s=19

I'd be like hell yeah. That was an outrageous agest question to ask Biden. That reporter should resign or be sacked. It's akin to asking a new mother if she is suffering from "brain fog".

• Advertisement

Wonder how many of the 15 did this after Trump’s ‘joke’.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1235906?__twitter_impression=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Why's that?

Ah he just is Overheal. He doesn't make sense when he speaks. He looks and sounds very odd, a bit wild eyed, spooked or tense. He is just not likeable as an oul lad say in the way that Bernie was. There are also too many clips of him grasping people oddly especially kids. I don't get the love for him at all but then I find Hillary repulsive and people seemed fond of her so maybe I have weird tastes. It is a pity because there were great options - I have a major girl crush on Gabbard so she would have been my pick.
    I am sorry if he is your favourite guy but from catching bits and bobs from him he is really not likeable or in good shape. In my opinion, of course

Ah he just is Overheal. He doesn't make sense when he speaks. He looks and sounds very odd, a bit wild eyed, spooked or tense. He is just not likeable as an oul lad say in the way that Bernie was. There are also too many clips of him grasping people oddly especially kids. I don't get the love for him at all but then I find Hillary repulsive and people seemed fond of her so maybe I have weird tastes. It is a pity because there were great options - I have a major girl crush on Gabbard so she would have been my pick.
    I am sorry if he is your favourite guy but from catching bits and bobs from him he is really not likeable or in good shape. In my opinion, of course

In your opinion he’s not likeable.

However, the facts are he is very well liked across the US and always has been. He’s running away in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin without doing any campaigning of note. He’s putting daylight between himself and Trump in Florida. He’s also polling ahead in North Carolina and Texas albeit only just.

He’s been through his fair share of tragedy as well and has shown the same empathy to others that was afforded to him when he went through it. Whether Republicans or Democrats agree with his politics or not, one thing the vast majority will agree on is that he is an honourable man.

Just because you personally don’t like him doesn’t mean he isn’t likeable. He’s very well liked across the US. Hilary looked like and came across as someone who just wanted to be president, Biden comes across as someone who wants to make a real difference to the lives of ordinary people. Funnily enough, that’s how Trump was so appealing the first time around as well.

Faugheen wrote: »
    In your opinion he’s not likeable.

However, the facts are he is very well liked across the US and always has been. He’s running away in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin without doing any campaigning of note. He’s putting daylight between himself and Trump in Florida. He’s also polling ahead in North Carolina and Texas albeit only just.

He’s been through his fair share of tragedy as well and has shown the same empathy to others that was afforded to him when he went through it. Whether Republicans or Democrats agree with his politics or not, one thing the vast majority will agree on is that he is an honourable man.

Just because you personally don’t like him doesn’t mean he isn’t likeable. He’s very well liked across the US. Hilary looked like and came across as someone who just wanted to be president, Biden comes across as someone who wants to make a real difference to the lives of ordinary people. Funnily enough, that’s how Trump was so appealing the first time around as well.

Indeed I think he would have beat Hillary in 2016 if he had run, and Beau Biden not have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Yeah. Just about.

Madness that they've gone for a man that is clearly struggling upstairs. They had some good candidates but the DNC rowed in behind Biden. The main talking point on Biden now is who will the DNC pick as his running mate.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

Indeed I think he would have beat Hillary in 2016 if he had run, and Beau Biden not have died.

Funnily enough I’m not sure if he would have won in 2016.

Recency bias is a big thing in these elections. Biden just came out of a two-year term against someone who had no political record to speak of. Now, the recency bias is in his favour and against Trump.

Either way, if people need to be reminded of how much of a punch Biden can pack, watch his debate against Paul Ryan in 2012. He absolutely smoked the person who was supposedly the next big thing among the Republican Party back then.

Another 1,000+ deaths in the US again today. Not having the troops back. How the GOP haven't deselected this guy beggars belief.

Another 1,000+ deaths in the US again today. Not having the troops back. How the GOP haven't deselected this guy beggars belief.

It would be political suicide for all of them, the conservative base would be in total disarray and Democrats would walk into January with an all but undisputed supermajority in both chambers of Congress, along with the presidency.

It would be political suicide for all of them, the conservative base would be in total disarray and Democrats would walk into January with an all but undisputed supermajority in both chambers of Congress, along with the presidency.

Could happen anyway, but I guess you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

They're too afraid of him destroying them on Twitter to stand up to him, that much has been clear for a while. Remarkably, Trump remains very popular with the Republican base.

Until those numbers start slipping to 60% or so, expect the Senate Republicans to continue to lick his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Because he was the most well liked by America's primary voters, and he also happens to be exceptionally qualified.

Also, you need to get Biden talking for 30 minutes for a gaffe. With Trump, you just have to roll the tape for 30 seconds. If you get him talking for 30 minutes, it's just nonsense after nonsense.

The difference in scale and intensity is massive.

Still. if Trump wants to fight on cognitive ability, let him keep describing how hard that test was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"New York's Attorney General Letitia James says she is making a "major national announcement" tomorrow morning, 11:30AM."

Wonder what this could be?

Also, you need to get Biden talking for 30 minutes for a gaffe. With Trump, you just have to roll the tape for 30 seconds. If you get him talking for 30 minutes, it's just nonsense after nonsense.

The difference in scale and intensity is massive.

Still. if Trump wants to fight on cognitive ability, let him keep describing how hard that test was.

Well even in the clip above https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114229899&postcount=895

At the end of the interview, it just looks like a stammer. Speech impediment he's had his whole life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

"New York's Attorney General Letitia James says she is making a "major national announcement" tomorrow morning, 11:30AM."

Just guessing here and this is just based on current breaking news and I could be wrong?

Maybe this? Have they found criminality and fraud occurred here?

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1291165346792189953
    Deutsche Bank *has complied* with subpoenas from Cyrus Vance, providing extensive documents and other materials on Trump & Trump Org.

Trump’s Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry - The New York Times

Ears open for her sudden resignation being announced by AG Barr in the next 15 hours.

• Advertisement

https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-files/press_assets/giuliani-debate-letter-8-5-20-1.pdf

Trump campaign, c/o Rudy Giuliani, sent this letter the the Commission on Presidential Debates. They are asking for a 4th debate in September, which you can read yourself. The gist is, the reason they want this 4th debate boils down to an argument that millions of Americans will already have mailed out their absentee ballots by the date of the 3 currently scheduled debates. Bottom line: the Trump campaign is concerned that they are losing the race and that the debates will happen far too late for them to try and claw their way back.

An incumbent who knows he's losing badly.

The Commission may not find the letter to be very objective though, eg.

"Simply put, the Commission’s current approach is an outdated dinosaur and not reflective of voting realities in 2020."

"Additionally, now that former Vice President Biden has finally confirmed he is indeed available to leave his basement for the fall debates, we are also requesting the Commission solidify its backup plans for debate locations and logistics in the event additional COVID-19 complications arise at any of the locations."

The campaign also volunteered a list of moderators they'd approve of, which includes mostly Fox News personalities but notably omits Chris Wallace, who recently landed ratings gold with his interview where Trump doubled down in a ridiculous manner about how hard his cognition test was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ears open for her sudden resignation being announced by AG Barr in the next 15 hours.

Won’t get our hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The trump campaign just cant stop lying. I wonder where they picked up that trait

https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/status/1291063853275652102

The trump campaign just cant stop lying. I wonder where they picked up that trait

https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/status/1291063853275652102

I beg your f’b pardon sir, you didn’t share the most important subtweet:

https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/status/1291064532656431106?s=21

My sincere apologies Overheal. You can always trust dogs to know who the good people are. It is no surprise that trump has no pets.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's actually this article that shows how pathetic the attempt was.

The Trump Photo

EP-200809885.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

The Original

AR-200809885.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Just guessing here and this is just based on current breaking news and I could be wrong?

Maybe this? Have they found criminality and fraud occurred here?

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1291165346792189953

He owes Deutsche bank 10s of millions from a dirty stunt he pulled relating to a loan on the Trump Tower Chicago. His lawyers successfully argued the 2008 crash was an act of GOD and so they had to write off a large chunk of debt with the rest of it being subjected to payment holidays. I'm sure there was some creative accounting within that deal that may well have been illegal. Trump wouldn't care, he just wanted the debt off his back and a free building.

threeball wrote: »
    He owes Deutsche bank 10s of millions from a dirty stunt he pulled relating to a loan on the Trump Tower Chicago. His lawyers successfully argued the 2008 crash was an act of GOD and so they had to write off a large chunk of debt with the rest of it being subjected to payment holidays. I'm sure there was some creative accounting within that deal that may well have been illegal. Trump wouldn't care, he just wanted the debt off his back and a free building.

How on earth did they get away with saying it was an act of god?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

How on earth did they get away with saying it was an act of god?

Its been a while since I read the ins and outs but I think it was down to Alan Greenspan calling it a financial tsunami and a tsunami is an act of God, hence the crash was an act of god. It was one of the most wishwashy things I've ever heard but they argued it successfully.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/business/trump-deutsche-bank.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/business/deutsche-bank-donald-trump.html

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/biggest-bombshells-trump-deutsche-bank-lending-new-york-times-report-2020-2-1028908722#

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement