Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I would take it the other way, Biden either does or doesn't endorse the green new deal (he got quite confused) which would be a disaster for the economy.
    Trump stated that climate change is real and there is a man made element to it which I think is solid enough
    Obamacare is a disaster and I don't think putting it back will help, Biden also stated there were 100 million people with pre-existing conditions on which he's wrong.

6 out of 10 adults in the US have a chronic disease. 4 out of 10 have 2 or more.

https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/resources/infographic/chronic-diseases.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

namloc1980 wrote: »
    6 out of 10 adults in the US have a chronic disease. 4 out of 10 have 2 or more.

https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/resources/infographic/chronic-diseases.htm

That only serves to show both the republicans and democrats have run a country for decades where their own people badly need a free health system.

Both parties are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That only serves to show both the republicans and democrats have run a country for decades where their own people badly need a free health system.

Both parties are a disgrace.

The problem is that there is minimal public demand for it, when you take into account the downsides.

The Democrats got slaughtered at the next election after they brought in the ACA and that was just the first step towards a free health system and raised minimal negatives for voters. It only became more popular when people got used to it and the GOP tried to take it away

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The problem is that there is minimal public demand for it, when you take into account the downsides.

The Democrats got slaughtered at the next election after they brought in the ACA and that was just the first step towards a free health system and raised minimal negatives for voters. It only became more popular when people got used to it and the GOP tried to take it away

you are contradicting yourself when you say there is no demand for free health care.

did you not only on this thread on this page declare 100 million yanks with underlying conditions.

Are you trying to tell me those 100 million would rather pay than get it for free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There are a lot of noisy libertarians online (broadly) after that debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

A recent newsweek poll put support for medicare for all at 69% hardly minimal.

https://www.newsweek.com/69-percent-americans-want-medicare-all-including-46-percent-republicans-new-poll-says-1500187

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Dems have form when it comes to attacking minors. This is an own goal for Biden.

EjK6MXJWkAAY1oR?format=png&name=900x900

Only Democrats would call someone (a minor) who shot 3 white people in self defense a “white supremacist”. I wonder how much Rittenhouse will get from this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

you are contradicting yourself when you say there is no demand for free health care.

did you not only on this thread on this page declare 100 million yanks with underlying conditions.

Are you trying to tell me those 100 million would rather pay than get it for free ?

To be fair it would not be free. Reality is instead of paying ever rising premiums as so many Americans do at least those who can afford health coverage Americans would likely be paying a new health care tax or something of that nature. But at least they would all be covered and certainly costs could be brought down by not allowing health care companies charge the kind of prescription costs etc they currently do as just one example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Dems have form when it comes to attacking minors. This is an own goal for Biden.

Wow. That can't be real.

.......? Maybe I'm inebriated, or maybe I just don't follow your illustration here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Care to explain?

spin it whatever way you like but i bet the sick would rather have free health care.

This notion people dont want it is a myth..
    Personally i think a first world country without free health care is a joke, even we have some form of it.

It doesn't appear that you read all my post.

I agreed that there is demand for free health care as a concept, however support drops dramatically when you throw in even just one of the 'negatives' to it.

Voters don't want:
    - to pay taxes to cover the huge cost
    - to cut spending to cover the huge cost (e.g. military)
    - to increase waiting times to be seen by a doctor
    - to lose their private health insurance
    - to lose their current doctors

spin it whatever way you like but i bet the sick would rather have free health care.

This notion people dont want it is a myth..
    Personally i think a first world country without free health care is a joke, even we have some form of it.

I mean I agree but since no candidate on the ballot is pushing for social healthcare just yet its a moot point for the electorate atm.

It doesn't appear that you read all my post.

I agreed that there is demand for free health care as a concept, however support drops dramatically when you throw in even just one of the 'negatives' to it.

Voters don't want:
    - to pay taxes to cover the huge cost
    - to cut spending to cover the huge cost (e.g. military)
    - to increase waiting times to be seen by a doctor
    - to lose their private health insurance
    - to lose their current doctors

ok, valid points, but you were the one quoting 100million with underlying conditions.

There is no way all those are well off enough to be able to afford the healthcare they need without running up huge debts, or at least those that are lucky enough.

There is a huge gulf in classes in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only Democrats would call someone (a minor) who shot 3 white people in self defense a “white supremacist”. I wonder how much Rittenhouse will get from this now.
    No own goal, that is also a frame from a much longer video...so you are misrepresenting it.... predictably enough.
    I watched the whole video btw and it was spot on

Overheal wrote: »
    .......? Maybe I'm inebriated, or maybe I just don't follow your illustration here

The poster has taken a screenshot of 1 second of a 50 second video that Biden released earlier today in order to feign outrage of the image of a 'minor' being used in a video. The same 'minor' that crossed state lines with a long gun to break curfew and insert himself into a riot.

Obviously the poster sees no hypocrisy in complaining about this yet supporting Trump who put an ad in the newspaper calling for the death penalty of 5 innocent boys that were younger than the lil rambo minor in his post.

Here's the full video.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1311268302950260737?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    Speaking of dementia, Trump woke up this morning and can't remember who the Proud Boys even are

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-tries-to-clean-up-bizarre-debate-remarks-i-dont-know-who-the-proud-boys-are/

I don't know why the republicans are making him do this. He's clearly not comfortable and seems to be losing it. Maybe they should let him stand aside and let Tucker take over.

ok, valid points, but you were the one quoting 100million with underlying conditions.

There is no way all those are well off enough to be able to afford the healthcare they need without running up huge debts, or at least those that are lucky enough.

There is a huge gulf in classes in the USA.

That number do have underlying conditions but currently most are covered by either employer provided insurance, ACA exchanges, VA, Medicare, or Medicaid.

If Trump gets his way and they destroy the ACA it opens all those people with underlying conditions to be basically blocked from getting insurance.

Healthcare in the US is a complete mess but the society is so self focused and on their 'tribe' that they fear anything new. I think the only way universal healthcare in the near future would get passed would be if someone from the GOP with the cult of personality as president, like Trump, pushed it. Democrats will move towards it slowly but they are rightly fearful after what happened with Obamacare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Can you just, try and stop lying constantly? Numerous times now you folks have screenshotted videos and attempted to take it massively out of context. At least link to the actual video for proper context.

Also, whether Rittenhouse is a minor or not, he murdered two people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I don't know why the republicans are making him do this. He's clearly not comfortable and seems to be losing it. Maybe they should let him stand aside and let Tucker take over.

I think we all know the real explanation.

Joe Biden is a wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Did he say last night that he didn't know who Beau was but then again, there's always a tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/604841582236475392?s=19

I see what u did there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Can you just, try and stop lying constantly? Numerous times now you folks have screenshotted videos and attempted to take it massively out of context. At least link to the actual video for proper context.

Also, whether Rittenhouse is a minor or not, he murdered two people.

He didn't murder them.

He is a working class young fellow who helped defend a local business from Looters.

He was attacked by a mob, ran, allowed them beat him, when they pointed a gun he defended himself and had to shoot .

2 ended up dead.

Turns out the 2 that died, one was a multiple child rapiat and the other was a domestic abuser.

Rittenhouse is a working class hero.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Deshawn wrote: »
    I don't believe that there are 100 million people with pre existing conditions in the United States

Except they do..

The estimate is that between 50 and 129 million Non- elderly Americans have pre existing conditions.

And 50 to 80% of the elderly have pre existing conditions.

Even taking very conservative views of that all that data is comfortably 100 Million.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The poster has taken a screenshot of 1 second of a 50 second video that Biden released earlier today in order to feign outrage of the image of a 'minor' being used in a video. The same 'minor' that crossed state lines with a long gun to break curfew and insert himself into a riot.

He crossed a state line with a fire arm? Oh Lord, that's bad, if there's any proof. You have proof of course? Cos that would make his legal team look very silly, given that they've publically stated he didnt own the firearm and didnt bring it across any state line. So that would be dynamite

Apparently you proof that he isnt a minor given the use of quotation marks, that would be dynamite you should deffo post that proof.

In your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Donald Trump is not fit for the job. Period.
    I think you'll find that most believe that neither of them are fit for the job.
    Biden isn't a horrible human being like Trump though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Except it wasn't an affair...
    What could you call a 28 year old with a 60 year old man then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »

Well i would call your obvious disgust at their age difference to be very prudish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

eagle eye wrote: »

A relationship.

Brown wasn't married at the time.

Affair suggests that there was a spouse being cheated on.

There wasn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement