Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Why do you keep posting the same thing over and over and over?

the irony of you speaking about repeating yourself.

I hate to break it to you, but I have not mentioned the deck chairs, or the titantic, never mentioned the raping of resources either, but why let something like the truth get in the way huh ?

what you are trying to do is shut me down because you dont like what I say, which by the way I am entitled to say, just because it does not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

in the end does it matter who wins, america will still treat people the way it does,
    Bomb the fu(k out of the brown countries
    rape others for their resources
    continue to fail their own people

biden wont solve things, he will be the latest war monger to carry on the same thing.

Its the system that is fu(cked, biden and trump are like 2 men fighting for deck chairs on the titanic

You're absolutely right that Biden won't come in and fix everything and the impact the military has on American business and the 'need' to justify that will still be there.

But, America won't have someone who pours petrol on the fires which are the issues in the country and actively seeks to sow division and discord.

The hope is that in future people look back and say that Trump was a low point in American history, the fear is that if he is re-elected, that that will be 4 years further away and I genuinely fear what he will try to do with zero consideration towards re-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

in the end does it matter who wins, america will still treat people the way it does,
    Bomb the fu(k out of the brown countries
    rape others for their resources
    continue to fail their own people

biden wont solve things, he will be the latest war monger to carry on the same thing.

Its the system that is fu(cked, biden and trump are like 2 men fighting for deck chairs on the titanic

I'd be happy to give my chair to one and chuck the other overboard myself.

Plain and simple, one is a complete cnut the other is less of a cnut. There needs to be a moderate POTUS in place until more of the fcuked system is cleared for more progressives to get seats in the house and senate.

Progressives are on the rise in US politics, it needs a bit of space with no bull stoking what has been in full flow over the last 3 and a bit years.

I'd be happy to give my chair to one and chuck the other overboard myself.

Plain and simple, one is a complete cnut the other is less of a cnut. There needs to be a moderate POTUS in place until more of the fcuked system is cleared for more progressives to get seats in the house and senate.

Progressives are on the rise in US politics, it needs a bit of space with no bull stoking what has been in full flow over the last 3 and a bit years.

I agree, and have stated numerous times Biden is the smarter, wiser choice.
    But Biden wont solve the main issues, the bombings will continue, the problems is his own country appear to be getting worse, maybe biden getting in will stifle it.

But the system is fu(ked regardless, and needs a serious overhaul, and just cannot see it happening,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

the irony of you speaking about repeating yourself.

I hate to break it to you, but I have not mentioned the deck chairs, or the titantic, never mentioned the raping of resources either, but why let something like the truth get in the way huh ?

what you are trying to do is shut me down because you dont like what I say, which by the way I am entitled to say, just because it does not suit you.

Because you keep saying the same thing.
    I got it the first time.
    It does matter who wins, that's why we are discussing it.
    It's Trump V Biden.

• Advertisement

Because you keep saying the same thing.
    I got it the first time.
    It does matter who wins, that's why we are discussing it.
    It's Trump V Biden.

ah ok...you made it clear who like to see win...you made your point....yet you continue

why are others who have made their opinion known be allowed the same in your mind.

Do you think you decide who can say what ?
    Its a discussion forum, I dont tell you what you can and cannot post, so how about you do the same.

You're absolutely right that Biden won't come in and fix everything and the impact the military has on American business and the 'need' to justify that will still be there.

But, America won't have someone who pours petrol on the fires which are the issues in the country and actively seeks to sow division and discord.

The hope is that in future people look back and say that Trump was a low point in American history, the fear is that if he is re-elected, that that will be 4 years further away and I genuinely fear what he will try to do with zero consideration towards re-election.

I hope you are right and the trump regime "was" the straw the broke the camel's back, and changes happen, maybe I am a realist but I dont think it will matter, but do hope to be proved wrong.

I agree, and have stated numerous times Biden is the smarter, wiser choice.
    But Biden wont solve the main issues, the bombings will continue, the problems is his own country appear to be getting worse, maybe biden getting in will stifle it.

But the system is fu(ked regardless, and needs a serious overhaul, and just cannot see it happening,

Would you agree that biden is the better option in this moment in this time that he is the one that should lead the US through these next 4 years?

From your posts, you seem to think not.. that is why I've put in the the US needs these 4 years to give breathing space to more progressive candidates to get into the house and senate to allow the US to get moving away from the bull that you're are against which I agree with, there needs to be a whole different thinking within the US and the US in the wider world.

Donnie, is seeking to wreck the US from within and has already distanced the US in the wider world.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Republicans up to their old voter suppression tricks again. This time in Texas the Republican governor has closed all but one mail ballot drop off locations in Harris County in Texas. Harris contains the city of Houston and is huge at 4,600 square kilometres and being an urban area is Democratic. Clinton won here by +13 in 2016. Things must be desperate if they have to suppress votes in Texas!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Republicans up to their old voter suppression tricks again. This time in Texas the Republican governor has closed all but one mail ballot drop off locations in Harris County in Texas. Harris contains is the city of Houston and being an urban areas is Democratic. Clinton won here by +13 in 2016. Things must be desperate if they have to suppress votes in Texas!

Republicans gotta republican.
    Hopefully courts will overturn this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I hope you are right and the trump regime "was" the straw the broke the camel's back, and changes happen, maybe I am a realist but I dont think it will matter, but do hope to be proved wrong.

The Presidential Commission announcing that they are going to bring in new measures to prevent the fiasco which happened on Tuesday from re-occurring might be the first step towards demonstrating that the office demands more respect that Trump has shown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The recorded robocall message warns people about being “finessed into giving your private information to the man” and urges them to “beware of vote by mail.”

The caller, who claims to be associated with an organization founded by Burkman and Wohl, falsely tells people that mail-in voting, in particular, will allow personal information to become part of a special database used by police to track down old warrants and by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts. The caller also deceptively claims the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will use the information to track people for mandatory vaccines. However, none of that is true.

The Attorney General encourages anyone who received this call on or about Aug. 26 and who wishes to file a complaint about it to contact her office by calling 517-335-7650.

https://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-359--541052--,00.html

Would you agree that biden is the better option in this moment in this time that he is the one that should lead the US through these next 4 years?

From your posts, you seem to think not.
    . that is why I've put in the the US needs these 4 years to give breathing space to more progressive candidates to get into the house and senate to allow the US to get moving away from the bull that you're are against which I agree with, there needs to be a whole different thinking within the US and the US in the wider world.

Donnie, is seeking to wreck the US from within and has already distanced the US in the wider world.

the very post of mine you quoted I clearly stated biden is the smarter wiser choice.
    Have said this on numerous threads. I think both are bad, and biden is the lesser of 2 evils.
    But because I slate biden people wrongly assume...the same people all the time...I must therefore like Trump.

Trump is an obnoxious odious arrogant person, but dont mean biden does not have his flaws. A country like america should be putting forward better candidates, sadly this is the level they are reduced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's about time Jacob Wohl was locked up for the crap he has tried to pull.
    The one about Warren being a cougar was particularly bizarre

the very post of mine you quoted I clearly stated biden is the smarter wiser choice.
    Have said this on numerous threads. I think both are bad, and biden is the lesser of 2 evils.
    But because I slate biden people wrongly assume...the same people all the time...I must therefore like Trump.

Trump is an obnoxious odious arrogant person, but dont mean biden does not have his flaws. A country like america should be putting forward better candidates, sadly this is the level they are reduced to.

I think you should see this as the "bottom", I'm in no way biden fan.. gimme a Katie porter/Bernie/AOC anyday of the week..

I see Joe as a right leaning more often then not leftie.. but at the end of the day, he's not fecking Donnie is my thinking. Joe will not be looking to pit American against American like Donnie. Joe is miles away from my thinking yet he's also miles away from Donnie, it's not close. He is what the US needs right now, and I'm okay with the **** show that will follow.

I've given my reasons regards the progressives and helping the US move forward to what I think you want the US to move too..

Justin can I ask who your type of candidate is?

Trump isn't your type.. Joe isn't your type.. who is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Overheal wrote: »
    The recorded robocall message warns people about being “finessed into giving your private information to the man” and urges them to “beware of vote by mail.”

The caller, who claims to be associated with an organization founded by Burkman and Wohl, falsely tells people that mail-in voting, in particular, will allow personal information to become part of a special database used by police to track down old warrants and by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts. The caller also deceptively claims the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will use the information to track people for mandatory vaccines. However, none of that is true.

The Attorney General encourages anyone who received this call on or about Aug. 26 and who wishes to file a complaint about it to contact her office by calling 517-335-7650.

https://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-359--541052--,00.html

If that was a Democrat doing that kind of thing, Trump and the GOP would be losing their minds about election tampering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-secret-history-of-kimberly-guilfoyles-departure-from-fox

"In November, 2018, a young woman who had been one of Guilfoyle’s assistants at Fox News sent company executives a confidential, forty-two-page draft complaint that accused Guilfoyle of repeated sexual harassment, and demanded monetary relief. The document, which resulted in a multimillion-dollar out-of-court settlement, raises serious questions about Guilfoyle’s fitness as a character witness for Trump, let alone as a top campaign official."

The best people...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Might be a bit awkward in that house tonight

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1311707130160873472

• Advertisement

Might be a bit awkward in that house tonight

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1311707130160873472

He's suddenly now, not tired of denouncing white supremacists, I wonder why.. maybe because it has been the big talking point of his showing against sleepy Joe, the man on PEDs sh!t show the world has witnessed....

Yeah, still not buying what the thief is selling..

Justin can I ask who your type of candidate is?

Trump isn't your type.. Joe isn't your type.. who is?

I would tend to be more democratic, in that more in favour of people like Bill clinton, Obama,in the past I despise the NRA the usual stuff.

To me biden just does not seem up to the job, Sanders may have been better, but again I get you need people with experience, but fossils are not the way either.

My problem has always been as long as this 2 party system exists there will always be this us and them divide where people will vote for "their party" instead of voting the best party.

I have no doubt there are people voting for trump to just spite biden, and vice versa. The whole thing is a mess.

You have to hope the smarter more stable person gets in, and there is something to build on, if Trump gets in, then things will get even worse, and the outcry will be something else.
    And if he does get in, what does that say about the American people ?

I would tend to be more democratic, in that more in favour of people like Bill clinton, Obama,in the past I despise the NRA the usual stuff.

To me biden just does not seem up to the job, Sanders may have been better, but again I get you need people with experience, but fossils are not the way either.

My problem has always been as long as this 2 party system exists there will always be this us and them divide where people will vote for "their party" instead of voting the best party.

I have no doubt there are people voting for trump to just spite biden, and vice versa. The whole thing is a mess.

You have to hope the smarter more stable person gets in, and there is something to build on, if Trump gets in, then things will get even worse, and the outcry will be something else.
    And if he does get in, what does that say about the American people ?

From my little understanding of your views what you want the US to be, Bernie is the man, sh!t load of experience, he has fought for rights of people in the US before they were a political ball to be kicked about, I don't know why you'd have a hesitanty about him..

Regards Joe, you being an Obama fan, why wouldn't you follow Joe? Surely he isn't that far from your own point of view of things being an Obama fan.. I started out as an Obama fan, he proclaimed change, yet forgein policy got worse under him (I was more a US foreign policy watcher). Under Donnie, yeah he's sought to scale back things outside the US (not enough imo "Yemen") yet he's went to pitting US citizen against US citizen.. for a person on the outside of things I see this as equally as bad, yet if I was an American I'd see this as a worse situation, him seeking to eat the US from inside out all for his own gain.

This thinking that "both are bad" thinking is a falseness imo, theres flaws yes, but then you have the I'm Donnie added into the flaws, things become a whole lot worse.

Biden is not my guy, but he is not Donnie fcuking trump. Joe will seek the middle ground in his term, he'll also give space to others to come in too effect the change that you think should happen in the US.

My advice, is back him, promote him where you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html

Hope Hicks a close advisor of Trump has tested positive for coronavirus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

trying to get rid of the Affordable Care Act, which will strip 20 million people from having health insurance now,

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/chaotic-debate-trump-biden-clash-future-aca-covid-19-handling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

amdublin wrote: »
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html

Hope Hicks a close advisor of Trump has tested positive for coronavirus

Trump and Melanie have tested positive too.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849?s=19

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Republicans up to their old voter suppression tricks again. This time in Texas the Republican governor has closed all but one mail ballot drop off locations in Harris County in Texas. Harris contains the city of Houston and is huge at 4,600 square kilometres and being an urban area is Democratic. Clinton won here by +13 in 2016. Things must be desperate if they have to suppress votes in Texas!

It may be useful to note the actual effect of this.

Firstly, it only affects those who have mail-in ballots who don't want to mail them. In TX, mail-in ballots are only for those who can't get to the polling station, by and large. If you're the sort of person who is eligible for a mail-in ballot (eg student or military out of state, infirmed, in jail, over 65), the chances are you're not going to be dropping off your ballot in person anyway. (Otherwise you would be voting at your polling station). So we're talking a pretty small amount of voters to begin with.

Secondly, it affects a minority of the population. I'm in Bexar county, population 2mn (Fourth largest in TX), and relatively blue by Texas standards. We only were going to have one drop-off location anyway, the numbers simply didn't justify having more. Tarrant County is 3rd largest, also only one location was planned. Travis county (Austin, the capitol and blue) was only going to have two locations, a few blocks from each other downtown. (Officially four, but one location is a parking garage with three entrances, each entrance being its own location).

And, of course, they can do an in-person drop-off at their local polling station on election day if they don't trust the US Mail system.

Meanwhile, the large counties where it takes a while to drive from A to B are generally red.
    Republicans gotta republican.
    Hopefully courts will overturn this.

Unlikely. Recall that the courts did not overturn when counties had only one location at which to vote in Kentucky. (And it worked well enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It may be useful to note the actual effect of this.

Firstly, it only affects those who have mail-in ballots who don't want to mail them. In TX, mail-in ballots are only for those who can't get to the polling station, by and large. If you're the sort of person who is eligible for a mail-in ballot (eg student or military out of state, infirmed, in jail, over 65), the chances are you're not going to be dropping off your ballot in person anyway. (Otherwise you would be voting at your polling station). So we're talking a pretty small amount of voters to begin with.

Secondly, it affects a minority of the population. I'm in Bexar county, population 2mn (Fourth largest in TX), and relatively blue by Texas standards. We only were going to have one drop-off location anyway, the numbers simply didn't justify having more. Tarrant County is 3rd largest, also only one location was planned. Travis county (Austin, the capitol and blue) was only going to have two locations, a few blocks from each other downtown. (Officially four, but one location is a parking garage with three entrances, each entrance being its own location).

And, of course, they can do an in-person drop-off at their local polling station on election day if they don't trust the US Mail system.

Meanwhile, the large counties where it takes a while to drive from A to B are generally red.

Unlikely. Recall that the courts did not overturn when counties had only one location at which to vote in Kentucky. (And it worked well enough)

However anyone without a drivers license or method of getting to the station with their ballot might be dissuaded for voting, now I wonder what kind of demographic that would hit the hardest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

We are in for a hell of a ride folks.

• Advertisement

eldamo wrote: »
    We are in for a hell of a ride folks.

Plot twist!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement