Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You can always trust dogs to know who the good people are.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Poor Blondi never suspected a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's actually this article that shows how pathetic the attempt was.

The Trump Photo
    The Original

You'd really have to wonder what is wrong with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You'd really have to wonder what is wrong with these people.

desperation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hilarious to see the “Biden isn’t mentally fit” nonsense being trotted out again after that HBO interview where trump literally couldn’t answer basic questions or form proper sentences. I get the feeling that the people posting this stuff don’t actually follow what’s happening with the election, it’s just the same sound bites from Twitter over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hilarious to see the “Biden isn’t mentally fit” nonsense being trotted out again after that HBO interview where trump literally couldn’t answer basic questions or form proper sentences. I get the feeling that the people posting this stuff don’t actually follow what’s happening with the election, it’s just the same sound bites from Twitter over and over.

Really, it sums the whole thing up. Trump supporters are all over Biden making a stupid statement (which he does) or stammering over a word, but put absolutely zero pass on when Trump says something that should end a political career.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump teeing up an October surprise?
    President Donald Trump has said it was possible the United States would have a coronavirus vaccine before the 3 November election, a more optimistic forecast than timing put forth by his own White House health experts.

Asked on the Geraldo Rivera radio program when a vaccine might be ready, Mr Trump said, "Sooner than the end of the year, could be much sooner."

"Sooner than November 3?" he was asked.

"I think in some cases, yes possible before, but right around that time", Mr Trump said.

No-one but him is talking about having an actual Vaccine in that time frame , but I fully expect him to hold a big loud, brash Press Conference in the days before the Election declaring that a vaccine is ready to go and everyone can have the shot "within 2 weeks" , followed by shortly after the Election a late Friday night quiet press release talking about delays until Spring at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No-one but him is talking about having an actual Vaccine in that time frame , but I fully expect him to hold a big loud, brash Press Conference in the days before the Election declaring that a vaccine is ready to go and everyone can have the shot "within 2 weeks" , followed by shortly after the Election a late Friday night quiet press release talking about delays until Spring at the earliest.

During the fox interview with Wallace, he promised the new health plan 'in a couple of weeks', you know the one he said he'd bring in on his first day of office (over three and a half years ago plus with both a favourable senate and house). That was over three weeks ago

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

duploelabs wrote: »
    During the fox interview with Wallace, he promised the new health plan 'in a couple of weeks', you know the one he said he'd bring in on his first day of office (over three and a half years ago plus with both a favourable senate and house). That was over three weeks ago

Everything is "In Two Weeks" with Trump and almost nothing ever happens.

Here's Axios talking about the phenomenon only a few months after he took office

Here's a Video mash-up of all the times he's said something is going to happen "in two weeks"

I'm sure Geraldo gave him a really tough interview. Didn't let him away with a thing

NRA revealed to be hugely corrupt and likely to be dissolved. This is one that likely could play a role in elections.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/899712823/new-york-attorney-general-moves-to-dissolve-the-nra-after-fraud-investigation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NRA revealed to be hugely corrupt and likely to be dissolved. This is one that likely could play a role in elections.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/899712823/new-york-attorney-general-moves-to-dissolve-the-nra-after-fraud-investigation

Trump thinks they can just move to Texas to avoid the problem (their charter is in NY). A year ago even, NRA noped that idea:

https://www.newsweek.com/nra-donald-trump-new-york-texas-1447134

Trump also thought he could just dissolve Trump Foundation at the head of its own similar lawsuit, which he was laughed out of town about. He also apparently thought moving to Florida would put a halt to the current investigations into the Trump Organization and Deutsche Bank. He’s a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Biden putting his foot in it again with the African-American community:
    "Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things"

Looking forward to Sep debate. Assuming, of course, Joe shows up and doesn't mail-in his answers.

Looking forward to Sep debate. Assuming, of course, Joe shows up and doesn't mail-in his answers.

There isn't going to be a September debate - There will be the 3 that there always are, in October.

Trump can ask for it , and indeed he can put forward his laughable list of potential moderators.

However neither he nor Biden have the slightest input or influence on the where/when/how many or who of the debates.

Nor should they.

In looking for another debate , Trump shows that he is losing and knows it.

If you're winning you don't need more debates , only losers need an extra chance to try to make a recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Aren't you one of the people that always complains about the left making mountains out of molehills?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And right on cue Trump starts saying the Dems are after their guns

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1291435765575176192?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And right on cue Trump starts saying the Dems are after their guns

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1291435765575176192?s=19

How pathetically predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because Biden/Obama did soooo much to 2A with 8 years. Zzz

Overheal wrote: »
    Because Biden/Obama did soooo much to 2A with 8 years. Zzz

biden is threatening to reintroduce the assault weapon ban. Stock up on M4 clones now and make a killing later.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

loving the Pampered princeling Trump’s secretary of failure

This pampered princeling has never met a problem that he couldn't f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i am very skeptical about this TBH. an organization that has been under investigation numerous times; now all of a sudden misappropriating funds?

they would have been on their best behavior surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

biden is threatening to reintroduce the assault weapon ban. Stock up on M4 clones now and make a killing later.

I presume the pun was intentional;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Is this an equivalent of the Lincoln Project but it's anti Biden rather than anti Trump with more humour and sattire.

If I found this funny and entertaining does that mean I'm a trump supporter?

Is this an equivalent of the Lincoln Project but it's anti Biden rather than anti Trump with more humour and sattire.

No.. it doesn't make you a Trump supporter , but I would question your sense of humour :-)

It's just not funny and not particularly well done..

The Lincoln Project pick a single target and hit it hard in 30 to 60 second bites. Short sharp and to the point.

This runs for over 11 minutes and each time they show a clip of Biden they have to cut back to some guy who needs to spend a few minutes explaining why what Biden just said was somehow terrible , because without the contrived explanation , it mostly wouldn't make sense or stand alone.

I'm not saying that there isn't material out there for someone to create Anti-Biden viral clips a la the Lincoln project , I'm sure there is, but that is absolutely not it.

This is reminding me of that time when people kept claiming the right wing comedians were killing it. The Lincoln Project videos are effectively two minutes ads. You've just posted an 11 minute video by a randomer that an undecided voter is unlikely to watch.

Your video is more akin to those guys who make lengthy videos getting annoyed by Star Wars films being too "woke".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I understand that people have different senses of humour but you really found that funny? I got through about 1.30 of it before having to stop. Maybe a better delivery or at least something akin to a gotcha. I mean, was he really trying to make fun a candidate saying he would actually do his job? Was that meant to be something to fire against Biden?

the whole thing is amateur hour.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I stopped at ole sleepy Joe....

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

If the Lincoln Project was Cristiano Ronaldo that is Emile Heskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The sleepy Joe stuff is pathetic. Real bottom of the barrell stuff. Challenge him on his policy ffs.

I'd be fairly pissed if I was a US voter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The sleepy Joe stuff is pathetic. Real bottom of the barrell stuff. Challenge him on his policy ffs.

I'd be fairly pissed if I was a US voter.

Silly names is all they have though, A five year old wouldn't be as bad as them for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement