Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

DubInMeath wrote: »
    To be honest it's like reading something that would happen in the middle ages.

This is the sadness of things, we all have the library of the world at our finger tips.. and still we have the blind.

Weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

A lot of wishful thinking going on here by the usual hypochondriacs. At 74 and with the treatment available to him he will be absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

A lot of wishful thinking going on here by the usual hypochondriacs. At 74 and with the treatment available to him he will be absolutely fine.

He may be fine, we have no way of knowing.

What it does do is bring Covid back as the main issue in the election, and an issue that Trump is polling very poorly on.

For the next 10 days or so expect wall to wall POTUS covid watch. And it highlights that Biden took the right approach and Trump was wrong.

Team Trump did everything they could to relegate Covid from the main item, and this puts it centre stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Leroy42 wrote: »
    He may be fine, we have no way of knowing.

What it does do is bring Covid back as the main issue in the election, and an issue that Trump is polling very poorly on.

For the next 10 days or so expect wall to wall POTUS covid watch. And it highlights that Biden took the right approach and Trump was wrong.

Team Trump did everything they could to relegate Covid from the main item, and this puts it centre stage.

Biden gave a speech earlier with a mask on the whole time.

He can attack Trump now by just continuing to do the safe things and showing himself in such a better light than Trump's stupidity and recklessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

On the Late Late Show, just now, they said Trump is being taken to hospital, the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, for a few days.

Professor Luke O’Neill saying it’s serious that he took Regeneron as it’s a trial drug.

He also said that as he’s over 70 and obese it puts him in a 1 in 5 chance of dying from it.

• Advertisement

This kind of escalation during the space of a few hours really points to him being 'absolutely fine'. He might be but it is not looking good for him. The White House basically has its own mini top level hospital so they unlikely go anywhere else without it being serious

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1312140655976562698?s=20

This is the sadness of things, we all have the library of the world at our finger tips.. and still we have the blind.

Weird!

All the information available to us and you have flat eathers, anti vac etc; It goes to show that there is no cure for wilful stupidity and to them Trump would be one of the chosen and that's even before you take the other types of arseholes that support him into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,670 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

On the Late Late Show, just now, they said Trump is being taken to hospital, the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, for a few days.

Professor Luke O’Neill saying it’s serious that he took Regeneron as it’s a trial drug.

He also said that as he’s over 70 and obese it puts him in a 1 in 5 chance of dying from it.

For the average Joe in Trump's position the odds are 1in 5. However Trump will have been tested earlier and faster than the average Joe. He will have access to much better treatment than the average Joe. His chances are much better than 1 in 5 but he is in the risk category.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

eagle eye wrote: »
    I simply asked for an opinion of members here, do you not understand that?

Yes, And what source should said opinion be based on ?

I use wiki as one of my sources ... I use the references read them and form an opinion ... WIKI is not a credible source according to you, so again... what source do you find acceptable to form an opinion on Reid ?

For the average Joe in Trump's position the odds are 1in 5. However Trump will have been tested earlier and faster than the average Joe. He will have access to much better treatment than the average Joe. His chances are much better than 1 in 5 but he is in the risk category.

Even if he survives, will he be back to close to 100% by the election day if he is being taken to hospital on day 1 of symptoms? Trump's team spent so long throwing dirt on Biden's age and its impacts, how are voters going to go out and vote for Trump if he hasn't recovered fully and may never recover from COVID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump isn't in great shape for his age. He's been to hospital for check ups twice this past year alone. He's very heavy, he can't raise a glass to his lips or walk down a ramp. Treatment can only do so much when a virus takes hold in a frail body.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

The lefts response to the Presidents situation demonstrates one of the points Ive been making for ages... that people dont really care about Covid. If they did, they would wish the President well

I care about covid ... The IMPOTUS not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

weisses wrote: »

I care about the election and the peaceful transition of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Death is too easy a way out. I hate the guy and what he stands for and the stupid lies that I have to see from himself and his followers but I would prefer that he sticks around to end the rest of his life in stress and paranoia. There are also a few outstanding legal processes that I would like to see play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What's the impotus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What's the impotus?

Impeached President of the United States

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

White House are saying the the move to hospital is "precautionary". Lets hope so, really worried about him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

White House are saying the the move to hospital is "precautionary". Lets hope so, really worried about him :(

You finally know what the rest of us have felt all year in wishing he was listening to the best medical advice in how to prepare and deal with the pandemic instead of playing it down, pushing baseless cure claims and mocking people for wearing masks.

He's one of 47,046 to test positive in the last 24 hours.

Let's hope he doesn't add to the 207,000 people already dead as a result of it.

Do you support the enactment of the 25th ammendment if trump isn't able to fulfil his duties of president?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Not so worried about the 1000 dying from this in the US everyday it seems. Youre more worried about going out to bat for a liar, denier and narcissist.

"I happen to believe in [hydroxychloroquine]. I would take it. As you know, I took it for a 14-day period. And as you know, I'm here. I happen to think it works in the early stages."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

He's a cockroach. Bit of bleach and a lightbulb and he'll be fine.

In all seriousness though. I wonder what mental gymnastics his supporters are stretching out for at the moment in order to square everything the leader has said and not done about Covid-19 with the fact that he seems to have caught the virus himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Are you American? If not, being "really worried" about a foreign leader in a different country that has no impact on you is just odd.

This kind of hypocrisy makes me sad :( I wonder what Zara Tweeted when Hillary had her health scare in 2016?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-positive-zara-rahim-tweet-death-obama-clinton-b747934.html

A former staff member of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton said on Friday she hoped Donald Trump dies following his positive diagnosis of Covid-19.

In a now-deleted tweet, Zara Rahim used star emojis to highlight her position to the 37,000 followers of her verified account.

"It's been against my moral identity to tweet this for the past four years, but, I hope he dies," she said.

Whilst I don't agree with banning or subverting free speech, its interesting to note that Twitter have vowed to suspend any accounts wishing death upon President Trump. To my knowledge, Twitter have historically let things slide if they were against Trump but they would come down hard on anti Democrat Tweets. Perhaps Trumps executive order a few months ago is making them fall in line finally?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/oct/02/twitter-trump-death-threats-covid-19-policy

Tweets wishing for Trump's death violate Twitter policy, company says

Platform says abusive tweets about the president, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 this week, could result in suspension

Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship
    Infrastructure & Technology
    Issued on: May 28, 2020

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

This kind of hypocrisy makes me sad :( I wonder what Zara Tweeted when Hillary had her health scare in 2016?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-positive-zara-rahim-tweet-death-obama-clinton-b747934.html

A former staff member of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton said on Friday she hoped Donald Trump dies following his positive diagnosis of Covid-19.

In a now-deleted tweet, Zara Rahim used star emojis to highlight her position to the 37,000 followers of her verified account.

"It's been against my moral identity to tweet this for the past four years, but, I hope he dies," she said.

Whilst I don't agree with banning or subverting free speech, its interesting to note that Twitter have vowed to suspend any accounts wishing death upon President Trump. To my knowledge, Twitter have historically let things slide if they were against Trump but they would come down hard on anti Democrat Tweets. Perhaps Trumps executive order a few months ago is making them fall in line finally?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/oct/02/twitter-trump-death-threats-covid-19-policy

Platform says abusive tweets about the president, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 this week, could result in suspension

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

Yet four years ago we had trump doing this

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/782673397952094208?s=19

Agreed, that is also terrible but he wasn't wishing death upon her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

That's nice, it's a pity that the worry wouldn't be there if the positions were reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

That's nice, it's a pity that the worry wouldn't be there if the positions were reversed.

Too bad WH staffers are continuing to meet with the media, and not wear masks. You really can't fix stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In campaign-related news, senior Campaign staffer, RNC speaker and ex-Mrs. Gavin Newsome, Kimberly Guilfoyle, left Fox under a cloud of sexual harrassment charges against her by a former Fox employee. Fox just settled that suit for between $4 and 5 million dollars.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-secret-history-of-kimberly-guilfoyles-departure-from-fox

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Obama and Biden have both sent well wishes to Trump for his recovery. Why are you only seeing the negative?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

That really is sad. America is such a mess at present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement