Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ELM327 wrote: »
    Were they burning buildings? Targeting police? No i didnt think so.
    Good attempt, 3/10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Overheal wrote: »
    Doesn't sway my vote, no. He's a genteel old man who lost his 13 month old daughter and wife in a car wreck. I can understand him being eccentric and adoring with kids and young women. It's plainly nonsexual. Trump meanwhile has a well documented history of sexualizing women, even underage girls, in a disturbing and oftentimes explicitly stated manner:

https://twitter.com/TheDailyEdge/status/1285713278572941313?s=20

And this cringe inducing clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_axTST2aY

And this cringe inducing clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_axTST2aY

That's included in my tweet above, which compiles many cringeworthy and questionable incidents with trump sexualizing young girls and women, and it's not even all of them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »

Can the Trump admin appeal this again to the Supreme court or whatever?

McGahn (and a few others) testifying before the election could be dynamite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Quin_Dub wrote: »

The more they appeal the more they show they have something to hide.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Without doubt , but the goal will be to stop it until after the Election.

The House questioning McGahn et al would seriously take the wind out of anything that the Senate committee on the nebulous Obamagate "scandal" might try to conjure up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The more they appeal the longer they delay.

Just get everything pushed back past Nov 3rd and worry about it after.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Unless they suddenly decide to be good sports, yes, like everything else in Trumpworld it will be appealed and re-appealed and re-re-appealed to the nth degree. So, nothing will happen before the election, and we may not get a resolution even before the end of the Congress. Presumably the Dems will win the House again I think either way and a new subpoena will be re-issued - which could of course involve a whole new set of nth degree appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

pjohnson wrote: »
    Where do you stand on Trumps support for Epsteins woman then?

I would not call it support
    Epstine died in prison, was it suicide or murder?
    Maxwell is in the same prison, "i wish her well", to me it is clear , i hope she does not die and lives to testify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

da_miser wrote: »
    Maxwell is in the same prison, "i wish her well", to me it is clear , i hope she does not die and lives to testify.

Maxwell is in a male prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Haha. Needed a laugh. Don't dob me in more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You would think, goven how much Epsteins death seems to have worried him, that Trump would have demanded an investigation and some answers.

Has he done the same for any other people I wonder?

And too wish her well, or as you are suggesting hopinh she doesn't die in prison is very odd. What measures has he put in place to ensure her safety? Has he contacted the prison service to demand she is protected?

Once again, Trump acts as if he isn't POTUS but apparently he is the only one who can get things done.

Now compare his attitude to her to his attitude to protestors or people that want to bring down statues. Never wished any of them well, in fact signed an EO to give them extended prison sentences.

For a man so clearly worried about the potential effect of prison for Maxwell it seems odd that he seems to have not shown any of that before

You can see the Dems and their shills in the media are trying to get the debates cancelled, cant say i blame them, Trump will eat Biden alive.
    https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1291816173164666880

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You can see the Dems and their shills in the media are trying to get the debates cancelled, cant say i blame them, Trump will eat Biden alive.

Who wants to cancel them and can you cite?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Once again, you have no idea what Biden is like in a 1v1 debate if you think Trump will ‘eat him alive’.

It’s the same old bullsh*t. ‘Dems are trying to get them cancelled’, with the only ‘proof’ being an opinion piece by a journalist. And now this absolute nonsense that Trump is this master debater based on four years ago when he had no record to defend.

He had four years of a record as President to defend and this year alone doesn’t stand too well for him. Biden won’t be like Hilary where he will wait his turn. The Republicans hate debating him.

Biden is one of the best debaters in the business. He has proven it time and time again including in Presidential races where he has saved Obama.

Before anyone brings up the lazy argument of having dementia or whatever, he doesn’t. He’s fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump will attempt to bully Biden, make outrageous and baseless fearmongering statements about how a Biden presidency would look and try to land a headline-grabbing zinger such as the '....'cause you'd be in jail!" he landed on Hillary.

That's all Trump has. No unifying message. No charm or wit. No cogent points of policy. Just bluster and bile.

SnazzyPig wrote: »
    Maxwell is in a male prison?
    Maxwell is currently being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.
    The same location where Epstein died.

Faugheen wrote: »

Biden is one of the best debaters in the business. He has proven it time and time again including in Presidential races where he has saved Obama.

Thats a dog faced pony soldier lie, maybe he was 10 years ago, but not now.
    I can just see his opening statement, " Im Joe Biden and i going to beat Nixon to become the next president of the United States".
    He is away with the fairies

I can just see his opening statement, " Im Joe Biden and i going to beat Nixon to become the next president of the United States".

He performed pretty well in debates against Sanders. That wasn't ten years ago. It's genuinely fascinating how you guys claim Biden is away with the fairies but are entirely blind to Trump's bizarre behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's genuinely fascinating how you guys claim Biden is away with the fairies but are entirely blind to Trump's bizarre behaviour.

This is the real "Trump Derangement Syndrome". They should do a psychological study on it but I'm fairly sure it's a combination of low intelligence and gullibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Once again, you have no idea what Biden is like in a 1v1 debate if you think Trump will ‘eat him alive’.

It’s the same old bullsh*t. ‘Dems are trying to get them cancelled’, with the only ‘proof’ being an opinion piece by a journalist. And now this absolute nonsense that Trump is this master debater based on four years ago when he had no record to defend.

He had four years of a record as President to defend and this year alone doesn’t stand too well for him. Biden won’t be like Hilary where he will wait his turn. The Republicans hate debating him.

Before anyone brings up the lazy argument of having dementia or whatever, he doesn’t. He’s fine.

Some very valid points made here but Biden's cognitive decline in recent years is clear and the rare moments the Dems expose him to interviews reveals this. It's actually sad to watch and seems very strange that he is their best foot to put forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Some very valid points made here but Biden's cognitive decline in recent years is clear and the rare moments the Dems expose him to interviews reveals this. It's actually sad to watch and seems very strange that he is their best foot to put forward.

Did you watch Trumps interview on HBO last week? I think Biden will be just fine.

You can’t see that statement at all though.

He easily dispatched Sanders only 4 months ago. Anyone who thinks he’s in this massive decline is away with the fairies themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Did you watch Trumps interview on HBO last week? I think Biden will be just fine.

You're totally right! But that interviewer was much younger and skilled at questioning than Biden. The debates will really highlight both of their current mental states. I'm not supporting either side but I just think Biden's current state of mind will come across very badly on the stage, I genuinely feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

You can’t see that statement at all though.

He easily dispatched Sanders only 4 months ago. Anyone who thinks he’s in this massive decline is away with the fairies themselves.

It’s like the debate to be the commissioner of trash in the simpsons, claiming the other guy to be ‘old man patterson’. Homer makes a load of outrageous statements that are nonsense whilst saying stupid things about his opposition whilst the crowd whoop and holler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I would have to see proof without assumptions, who is a white supremacists? I will call out people that are wrong no matter the politics.

Stephen Miller, who has also been at the centre of the likes of the 'Muslim ban' and the very publicly known policy of forcibly separating children from their parents at the border and throwing them in concentration camps, which has led to hundreds of them developing severe trauma, turning up dead, or just simply 'going missing'.

Any doubts about intent were entirely removed when he was Clintoned and had his emails leaked. There's a rundown of them here - https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails?gclid=CjwKCAiAuK3vBRBOEiwA1IMhusH_Uip87MxEQv2IJYmeZ8qtxXOWWvjP24MlcTUkKaU3CW9YcJeqNBoC57YQAvD_BwE - to summarise:

- Sending links to 'great replacement' and holocaust denying websites such as VDARE, for far right outlets like Breitbart to base their stories on. This also answered the question as to how anti semitic links were being sent to federal judges and immigration court employees were being sent anti immigrant links to that website from the Department of Justice - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/ncna1045526

- Claiming immigrants are to blame for americas educational decline, while also recommending and pushing for further media circulation of 'great replacement' neo Nazi books adored by white supremacists, about literal sh*t eating refugees who forcibly take over the world. One of the main people at Breitbart who helped him push this (Julia Hahn) was also promptly hired by the Trump administration.

- Eagerly looking to push a race baiting narrative as soon as a spree shooting occurred in Oregon that the perpetrator had radical Islamic links... despite the fact that the perpetrator was literally alt right and spouting white supremacist beliefs.

- Pushed strongly for more far right media promotion of limiting and even completely eliminating immigration based on race, and lionising a Jim Crow laws era president (Coolidge) who did so in the 1920s, which Hitler also cited as an inspiration.

The person he shared the bulk of these emails with (Katie McHugh) left Breitbart a good year or so before the emails leaked, and renounced what she had done there as being overtly racist. And her reasoning for doing so was that she was very much a racist at the time herself, as she also states Miller clearly is.

And members of his family and rabbis at the synagogue he attended briefly as a child (but not beyond because he's not exactly religious) have also come out to renounce him over these issues. There have been multiple calls to fire Miller over these and other issues, but the White House has expressed zero interest in doing so.

---

And beyond just Miller, how about Trump himself sharing 'White power' tweets and thanking the 'great' people shouting it?

Keeping in mind what you're proclaiming Biden racist over, then it's pretty cut and dry that you should consider Trump to be an outright racist, who hires outright racist people, sometimes because of their outright racism, and who allows them to shape racist policy in what can only be referred to as an incredibly racist regime... is this correct?

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1277272789414744064

Stephen Miller, who has also been at the centre of the likes of the 'Muslim ban' and the very publicly known policy of forcibly separating children from their parents at the border and throwing them in concentration camps, which has led to hundreds of them developing severe trauma, turning up dead, or just simply 'going missing'.

Any doubts about intent were entirely removed when he was Clintoned and had his emails leaked. There's a rundown of them here - https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails?gclid=CjwKCAiAuK3vBRBOEiwA1IMhusH_Uip87MxEQv2IJYmeZ8qtxXOWWvjP24MlcTUkKaU3CW9YcJeqNBoC57YQAvD_BwE - to summarise:

- Sending links to 'great replacement' and holocaust denying websites such as VDARE, for far right outlets like Breitbart to base their stories on. This also answered the question as to how anti semitic links were being sent to federal judges and immigration court employees were being sent anti immigrant links to that website from the Department of Justice - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/ncna1045526

- Claiming immigrants are to blame for americas educational decline, while also recommending and pushing for further media circulation of 'great replacement' neo Nazi books adored by white supremacists, about literal sh*t eating refugees who forcibly take over the world. One of the main people at Breitbart who helped him push this (Julia Hahn) was also promptly hired by the Trump administration.

- Eagerly looking to push a race baiting narrative as soon as a spree shooting occurred in Oregon that the perpetrator had radical Islamic links... despite the fact that the perpetrator was literally alt right and spouting white supremacist beliefs.

- Pushed strongly for more far right media promotion of limiting and even completely eliminating immigration based on race, and lionising a Jim Crow laws era president (Coolidge) who did so in the 1920s, which Hitler also cited as an inspiration.

The person he shared the bulk of these emails with (Katie McHugh) left Breitbart a good year or so before the emails leaked, and renounced what she had done there as being overtly racist. And her reasoning for doing so was that she was very much a racist at the time herself, as she also states Miller clearly is.

And members of his family and rabbis at the synagogue he attended briefly as a child (but not beyond because he's not exactly religious) have also come out to renounce him over these issues. There have been multiple calls to fire Miller over these and other issues, but the White House has expressed zero interest in doing so.

---

And beyond just Miller, how about Trump himself sharing 'White power' tweets and thanking the 'great' people shouting it?

Keeping in mind what you're proclaiming Biden racist over, then it's pretty cut and dry that you should consider Trump to be an outright racist, who hires outright racist people, sometimes because of their outright racism, and who allows them to shape racist policy in what can only be referred to as an incredibly racist regime... is this correct?

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1277272789414744064

But but Biden dementia something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump's Axios interview shows he can't even win a 1v0 debate. He completely falls apart under any kind of rigid questioning not by a Fox&Friends or OANN shill and everything... everything he can throw at Biden he's guilty of worse himself.

Biden may not be as good at debating as he was, but f*ck me the idea that Trump is better by any metrics other than shouting lies and a pure lack of decorum is laughable, because those things might shore up his base and get them whooping, but it's not going to bring any swing voters to his side. It may have worked with Hilary because Hilary is Hilary. Biden is a different kettle of fish, and Trump now has the virus deaths and economic freefall on his record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Penn wrote: »
    Trump's Axios interview shows he can't even win a 1v0 debate. He completely falls apart under any kind of rigid questioning not by a Fox&Friends or OANN shill and everything... everything he can throw at Biden he's guilty of worse himself.

Biden may not be as good at debating as he was, but f*ck me the idea that Trump is better by any metrics other than shouting lies and a pure lack of decorum is laughable, because those things might shore up his base and get them whooping, but it's not going to bring any swing voters to his side. It may have worked with Hilary because Hilary is Hilary. Biden is a different kettle of fish, and Trump now has the virus deaths and economic freefall on his record.

The problem for Trump there is that there probably won't be any live audiences to whoop and holler for him.

He will try his silly one liners and put downs to an empty audience chamber. Sure they may holler and whoop at home but without his audiences live approval to stroke his fragile ego he won't have a clue as to the reaction and I honestly see him falling apart at any debates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement